Cramps, anyone? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cramps, anyone? Cramps, anyone?

Unread 12-27-2004, 01:36 PM
Cramps, anyone?

I'm not offering them to you , I'm asking if anyone else has them.

I'm 4 months post op after LSH and I still get what feel like menstral cramps. With no uterus, what is it that's cramping? Does this happen to anyone else?

Thanks!

Margot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2004, 01:53 PM
Cramps, anyone?

Im only 2 weeks and trying to figure out the same thing.
Unread 12-27-2004, 01:53 PM
Cramps anyone?

Hi Margot,

I had a vaginal hysterectomy in May, 2004, kept ovaries. I cannot for the life of me imagine why I still get cramps that feel like menstrual cramps. Sometimes my lower back aches as well and I also feel bloated and my breasts are tender. All the symptoms but no bleeding - thank heaven! I always thought it was the uterus that caused the aching. Nothing else seems to be wrong so I have not discussed with physician and sometimes I ache if I have been on my feet too much, so I assumed I was still healing as I heard it takes up to a year. I'll be interested to hear if cramping is "normal" and how long after surgery it will last. Thanks for bringing up this subject.

Kind regards,

Phyll
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2004, 02:54 PM
Cramps, anyone?

Do you think it could be our ovaries causing this?
Unread 12-27-2004, 05:55 PM
Cramps, anyone?

I asked my doc before surgery if I'd still get PMS and cramps. He said yes to PMS but not as bad (so far it's actually been worse), and that if there is any cramping it would come from the ovaries. It doesn't feel like just ovaries!

Phyll, I have heard a lot of women talk about tender breasts, so you are not alone there. I also get that bloated feeling in the belly.

Unfortunately, I'm getting mini periods as well. Cervix was cauterized during surgery but I'm still getting them. Was examined by a new doc and she found a blood clot at the opening of my cervix and put silver nitrate on it. She also said that so much endometrial tissue was left that it was actually prolapsing through the cervix. But, I wouldn't think *that* would cause cramping!

I hope more sisters respond so we can see how common this is (or isn't). Could it be caused by endo? By doc said he found "old endo" but didn't remove it because he didn't think it was causing any problems.

Margot
Unread 12-27-2004, 07:27 PM
Cramps, anyone?

endo is endo no matter what. I think it should all have come out. I would talk to another doc about this.
Unread 12-27-2004, 07:33 PM
Cramps, anyone?

Hello Ladies,
Well I for one actually remembered to ask my doctor about it! Hah!! I just forgot his response.... Actually any cramping we feel like this can be put down to intestinal cramping. And once I was told that it made sense... Mine happens about the day before I go to the bathroom. I think a hormonal surge may possibly make it worse....

Hugs
Kat
Unread 12-27-2004, 08:05 PM
Cramps, anyone?

I am almost two weeks post-op and have been wondering the same thing. I also wondered if it was related to my ovaries. I plan to ask my dr. about this b/c severe cramping is the reason I finally did this after 3 years of kicking and screaming.
Unread 12-27-2004, 08:36 PM
Cramps, anyone?

Let us know what your doc says, wyck! We all want to know...

Cuddly, I agree with you about the endo. The doc told me in recovery about it and also said that the complex cyst on my right ovary was actually a functionl cyst on my left ovary which had ruptured. It only looked like it was on my right ovary because the ovaries were stuck together on the right side.

My surgery report has a pre-op diagnosis of right complex cyst, and on post op it says right complex cyst and left functional cyst that ruptured and "consequently no oopherectomy was performed." The whole reason for the surgery was because of the complex cyst on my right ovary. Since I had fibroids, he thought we should take my uterus, too.

At 2 weeks post op, I asked him to explain about the ovaries being stuck together. He didn't remember! He also didn't remember what he said about old endo. At my 6 week post-op visit I asked him to explain what happened to the cysts. Did I have one on each ovary? If so, what happened to the other one, since he only mentions one in the op report (that it had ruptured). He looked at the photos and said that he didn't know which ovary was which, but that one of them was pristine and the other showed the ruptured functional cyst. He stammered for a while and said "I guess the other one must have been functional, too, and ruptured without a trace."

Yeah, right! I've fired him. New doc ordered an ultrasound because she *has* to find out what happened to the complex adnexal mass that was diagnosed and not removed. Arrggggggg!

I have an awful feeling that this whole surgery wasn't even necessary in the first place. That the long but light periods, with days of old blood both before and after were endo, not fibroid symptoms. And that I only had one cyst and that it was functional and misdiagnosed.

I guess I'll never know.

Margot

P.S. My parents are both from Grand Rapids. I visited grand parents and cousins there often as a child.
Unread 12-27-2004, 08:45 PM
Cramps, anyone?

im 6 months post op its normal around that time of the month that you would have to be having pain....

but pay attention and keep a pian journal if it gets to be everyday or constant mine got worse and worse i just had a lap and they found endo and adhesions i hope thats not the case for you. i wish you a happy helathy new year

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register