Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Mar 08-Mar 14,2021 - Page 21 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Mar 08-Mar 14,2021 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Mar 08-Mar 14,2021

Unread 04-19-2021, 09:40 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Mar 08-Mar 14,2021

So glad to hear I’m not the only one. I’m hoping it doesn’t last forever because otherwise I feel great. Small twinges every now and then but no pain. Able to do more and more with my children every day, which I (and my husband!) am grateful for.
My doctor gave me all the 6 week rules but doesn’t want to see me until 8 weeks. Wondering if that means I can lift my baby at 6 weeks or if I have to wait until he sees and clears me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2021, 11:26 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Mar 08-Mar 14,2021

Hi all & Doreine,

So glad you found us also. Congrats on the benign diagnosis. Yes, for many the menopausal symptoms can be rough. Hope you have explored this site for the articles on these concerns. An additional note: they do get better as your body gets used to being without the hormones. If not it could be time to have the HRT discussion with your Dr. Many do very well on it.

Abby, why don’t you call and ask about your weight limit!

Sister Hugs,
Anndy
Unread 04-22-2021, 03:53 PM

Went in for my 6 week post op visit with my doctor today. Everything is healing up great. I’m feeling really good and the estradiol patch has really made a difference too.

She gave me the all clear. I told her I’m still gonna take things slow since I don’t want to mess up her handiwork now. Not gonna lift heavy things, and my husband and I will be waiting a bit longer before sex. The doctor said that unless I have any problems, she’ll see me in a year!

On another note, Tuesday I’ll get my 2nd COVID shot. Gearing up for potential side effects and will be making some chicken vegetable soup on Sunday to have on hand.

HysterSisters was instrumental not only in providing good information and support for this whole process, but I found my most excellent doctor through this site as well. So I am so grateful for HysterSisters. Thank you, all of you. <3

Now I’m gonna go recline a bit and put my feet up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2021, 04:20 PM

Ella,

So glad we were a help to you and also that you are doing well! I understand caution going forward and it may be smart.

Don’t remember if I mentioned it but when I had my 2nd COVID shot I did have a bit of stomach ache/nausea and was tired the next day. So think you are being wise to be ready. I slept most of the day and have had friends that did the same. My DH and 97yo Mom had no ill effects to mention so I guess it just depends. Hope your experience is uneventful like theirs.

Sister Hugs,
Anndy
Unread 04-23-2021, 12:34 PM

Well, I'm very late to the party hereafter just finding this thread!

I had an open total hysterectomy (kept both ovaries) on March 10th. From the incision point of view I've healed beautifully, scar is minimal and no pain at all for a few weeks and my bowels/bladder have sorted themselves out for the most part (I had huge fibroids and endometriosis that was wrecking havoc on both).

But since 2 weeks post op I've had a feeling like something is stuck in my chest/throat, heart palpations, racing heart, achy legs (that stopped 4 wpo), at 3.5 wpo added in shortness of breath. I did go to the ER at 2.5 wpo and they dismissed my concerns and didn't figure it was anything worrysome. My GP sent me for bloodwork and an ECG. ECG came back abnormal but that doesn't really tell much and bloodwork was mostly normal other than slightly low hemoglobin, hematocriton and ferratin. At 5 wpo symptoms continued to persist so I talked to my GP again, this time in person. All my vitals were fine but sent back for more bloodwork, another ECG and holter on order. ECG came back borderline abnormal (an improvement I guess) and bloodwork showed a positive d-dimer which is what they check for blood clots so he ordered a CT scan for my lungs but I don't know when that will be scheduled yet even though it's supposedly noted as urgent. Since I started taking a lot of oral iron a week ago I'm feeling slightly better (more energy) but still occasional heart racing episodes, some shortness of breath and now the last couple days a weird headache and feeling of dizzyness especially after I eat. It feels like I'm on morphine or something but I haven't even taken a tylenol in weeks.

Is the dizzyness normal at 6 wpo? Anyone else have shortness of breath or heart palpatations? I tried putting a post in the general forum for post op but haven't gotten any replies. I just want to feel normal again and plan to go back to work (I'm self employed so it's been hard to take this much time as it is).

I will travel to see my surgeon this weekend for an appointment first thing Monday morning. I wonder if I should be asking to have my hormones tested....I was on continuous birth control pills with no breaks for a year before coming off them the day before surgery and wonder if that has something to do with all this. Or maybe my ovaries are still in shock from the surgery.

Thanks sisters, hope you're all well on your way to recovery also
Unread 04-23-2021, 04:54 PM

: ARogal,

Glad you decided to join us. I wish I had even a guess for you. Sorry you are having to go through this. You are doing the correct thing. Keep taking it to your Drs. Let them know it is real. Please feel free to vent here and let us know what is happening. Maybe a sister will show up yet who has had a similar experience. We are with you even if it is just virtual. Prayers.

Sister Hugs,
Anndy
Unread 04-23-2021, 05:40 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Mar 08-Mar 14,2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARogal View Post
Well, I'm very late to the party hereafter just finding this thread!

I had an open total hysterectomy (kept both ovaries) on March 10th. From the incision point of view I've healed beautifully, scar is minimal and no pain at all for a few weeks and my bowels/bladder have sorted themselves out for the most part (I had huge fibroids and endometriosis that was wrecking havoc on both).

But since 2 weeks post op I've had a feeling like something is stuck in my chest/throat, heart palpations, racing heart, achy legs (that stopped 4 wpo), at 3.5 wpo added in shortness of breath. I did go to the ER at 2.5 wpo and they dismissed my concerns and didn't figure it was anything worrysome. My GP sent me for bloodwork and an ECG. ECG came back abnormal but that doesn't really tell much and bloodwork was mostly normal other than slightly low hemoglobin, hematocriton and ferratin. At 5 wpo symptoms continued to persist so I talked to my GP again, this time in person. All my vitals were fine but sent back for more bloodwork, another ECG and holter on order. ECG came back borderline abnormal (an improvement I guess) and bloodwork showed a positive d-dimer which is what they check for blood clots so he ordered a CT scan for my lungs but I don't know when that will be scheduled yet even though it's supposedly noted as urgent. Since I started taking a lot of oral iron a week ago I'm feeling slightly better (more energy) but still occasional heart racing episodes, some shortness of breath and now the last couple days a weird headache and feeling of dizzyness especially after I eat. It feels like I'm on morphine or something but I haven't even taken a tylenol in weeks.

Is the dizzyness normal at 6 wpo? Anyone else have shortness of breath or heart palpatations? I tried putting a post in the general forum for post op but haven't gotten any replies. I just want to feel normal again and plan to go back to work (I'm self employed so it's been hard to take this much time as it is).

I will travel to see my surgeon this weekend for an appointment first thing Monday morning. I wonder if I should be asking to have my hormones tested....I was on continuous birth control pills with no breaks for a year before coming off them the day before surgery and wonder if that has something to do with all this. Or maybe my ovaries are still in shock from the surgery.

Thanks sisters, hope you're all well on your way to recovery also

Hello! What you’re going through sounds like what I had when I became anemic. (Officially “iron-deficient anemia”.). I started on Vitron-C and felt better within a couple weeks. Couldn’t hurt to ask about it!
Hoping you feel better soon!
Unread 04-23-2021, 09:59 PM

Thanks for the reply! My dr doesn't think my slightly low hemoglobin, low hematocrit and low (14mg/mL) ferratin levels were bad enough that it could be causing all these symptoms. I did start taking 70mg of oral iron daily and by about day 4/5 I was starting to feel better. He said I could take 80-90 so I should probably up it.
Unread 04-28-2021, 04:11 PM

Had my 6 week appt on Monday, I've been released to "normality" and I actually feel pretty good. Still getting some of the swelly belly, but yeah, I'm back to exercising and stretching and doing most of my usual stuff, some exhaustion after a few hours but I feel pretty on track. I will probably be sparse from now on but thank you for all of the help here <3.
Unread 04-28-2021, 05:06 PM

Beansie,

Glad to hear of your release from restrictions and back to your normal life. Hope all keeps going well. Try to get just a little extra rest here and there.

Sister hugs,
Anndy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register