Mirapex - nausea? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Mirapex - nausea? Mirapex - nausea?

Unread 01-11-2004, 08:12 AM
Mirapex - nausea?

Has anyone taken Mirapex and suffered nausea? I am not sure because I take other meds, but I think that it is what is causing the nausea. I am taking the Mirapex for Restless Leg Syndrome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2004, 08:39 AM
Mirapex - nausea?

Hi (((Kelou))))

I'm sorry your body is having problems adjusting to the Mirapex

Here's a link to a site that has information about Mirapex: http://www.rxcanadapharmacy.com/htmF...ramipexole.asp Among other things, they mention taking Mirapex with food in order to avoid being sick to your stomach, so it sounds like nausea might be one of the expected side effects. If you're taking it at a time other than meal-time, taking it with a glass of milk usually does the trick.

One thing I wanted to mention is that it might take a while for your system to adjust to the new med. I remember when I started taking Mobicox for my arthritic pain, in 2002, I was sooooo discouraged by the impact of the side effects: nausea, drowsiness and lack of energy seemed to be constant companions!!! However, after a week or so, things improved and, by the time I'd been taking the meds for 2 weeks, I was (almost) back to normal. I ended up switching meds because there was simply too much breakthrough pain with the Mobicox.

Sending lots of s your way and hoping that you start feeling better real soon.
Unread 01-11-2004, 05:38 PM
Mirapex - nausea?

Thanks for the infor Danielle. It does say that nausea is an unwanted side effect. I will try to hang in there with it for a little while to see if it subsides. If it doesn't I will see if there is another med that I can take for RLS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2004, 06:31 PM
Mirapex - nausea?

(((Kelou)))) Hang in there: hopefully things will improve. Just wanted to remind you that, if the symptoms persist, you really should give your doctor a call: Even though it took two weeks for my body to get used to Mobicox, I didn't wait that long to contact my doctor about the symptoms... however, in my case, he confirmed that it could take a while to get use to the meds.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register