Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 26-Aug 01,2021 - Page 10 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 26-Aug 01,2021 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 26-Aug 01,2021

Unread 08-05-2021, 10:26 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 26-Aug 01,2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelleyann117 View Post
I am 8 days post op and I have vomited 3 times, all at night or early morning. I'm having bowel movements and even started having diarrhea. I feel like the vomiting is causing me to halt my progress. I haven't had any pain medications in 4 days. I just want to get better and completely heal. And I've been having very "weird" dreams. Apparently, I have a pretty good libido starting up just can't use it right now.
Yay for no pain meds- that’s amazing! I have been having lots of deep, weird dreams too. I’m sorry about the vomiting. Are you nauseous too or perhaps you have too much water towards nighttime that hasn’t gone down far enough or something is not agreeing with you? Perhaps it’s related to a stool softener or something your eating that’s messing with your digestion? Hope it eases up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-05-2021, 10:56 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 26-Aug 01,2021

Hi! Will try probiotics! And oats. I've had the same reaction to antibiotics before so that could be part of the problem. The whole dream thing, ive had that too. Reducing the pain meds feels good doesnt it. I am still needing an afternoon nap (only an hour) and not sleeping very well at night, had really restless legs last night so going to try magnesium before bed. Thank you for the group i am finding it so helpful and supportive x
Unread 08-05-2021, 01:03 PM

Highs..
I’m finding some of the drinkable yogurts that are low sugar are helping me with my gut. I can take a swig here and there throughout the day.
I finally figured out how to be comfortable on my side sleeping in this morning. My back was much happier.
Reflecting on one week ago and I am happy with how much better I am than last week.
Lows…
Still feeling regretful I did not get diagnosed earlier with fibroid and may have had more laparoscopic choices.
Back to School is starting and for the first time I am a teacher not going Back to School. Don’t get me wrong, I want to heal, I know it’s absolutely the right thing to take 8 weeks for me, Kindergarten teacher/physically challenging job.
Thanks for all the shares….
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-05-2021, 01:28 PM

Keep up the good recovery work ladies! I had a good cry today after talking to a friend. A lot of emotions here! Every day is a little better, but still taking pain meds at night to help me sleep.
Unread 08-05-2021, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamielee33 View Post
Keep up the good recovery work ladies! I had a good cry today after talking to a friend. A lot of emotions here! Every day is a little better, but still taking pain meds at night to help me sleep.

It’s good you have a friend who can be there for you. My emotions are flying high now too. I know now that I need to take a step back and realize that perhaps I’m making a bigger deal over some things than they actually are because the hormones are driving it, but it’s so complex and scary and new. Sending out a virtual hug to you and all our sisters whose hormones are a bit nutty right now!
Unread 08-05-2021, 05:31 PM

Yes, the emotional work is hard. It's a big change. Lots of hormonal changes too. Take care, you are not alone!
Unread 08-05-2021, 06:03 PM

Feeling really crappy today. Everything came out (uterus,cervix, fallopians and ovary: need to find out why only one came out) and they found endometriosis on bladder and intestines so my operation was 5+ hours. Wondering if all that action in my insides is the cause for nausea and bowel pain. Have bruising from to back on right side. Can’t get comfortable to sleep. Bowels still severely painful now hormones are kicking in. Oh, and the movement of my insides is uncomfortable. Only taking ibuprofen. I want to feel better dammit!
Unread 08-05-2021, 06:04 PM

Well, I got a good taste of overdoing it. My brain can’t seem to understand when to take it easy. I emptied and reloaded the dishwasher yesterday (there wasn’t much to do, remnants of what others hadn’t removed and then not even a full rack going back in), and realized my stomach muscles weren’t strong enough to support. Reminded me of my c-sections. Sigh. So, the kids will have to dig in more. Had my daughter do my laundry (that was a real switch!). Lol

Anyway, I’m back to resting today. Netflix is my friend.
Unread 08-05-2021, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faborina View Post
After getting my surgery posted poned from last week I had my surgery yesterday. So far so good. I asked for an abdominal binder at the hospital and I think it makes a difference in mobility. The only surprise for me was waking up with “little red freckles” on my face and collar bones. I guess they are capillaries from having my head down during surgery. It made me think about the traits of a Star trek character.
So glad you’re doing well,
Keep up the good work.
Unread 08-06-2021, 02:16 AM

Morning all! Day 11 for me. Ate breakfast in the kitchen first time! Terrible restless legs in the night. Ordered some magnesium spray oil and will try a slightly longer walk this afternoon. Upping the probiotics. Generally heading in right direction. Hope you are all keeping well xx

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register