Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 15-Feb 21,2021 - Page 11 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 15-Feb 21,2021 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 15-Feb 21,2021

Unread 04-19-2021, 09:37 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 15-Feb 21,2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Marie View Post
Looks like we had our surgery the same day. I do get a slight swelly that arrives in the afternoon and isn’t present in the mornings. For the first 6 weeks I had none, but then resumed my normal activities and swelly showed up. It reminds me that I’m definitely still healing. Not to mention my conservative surgeon’s warnings of no sex until 12 weeks. Still a ways to go in our recovery journey. Just because (many) restrictions have been lifted, we still need to take extra care for ourselves.
Hi!!! I was starting to think I was all alone on this site! Yes, looks like we did have our hys’s on the same day. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about my experience with my surgeon and his team - They were wonderful.

So like yourself, I felt better and better as the days went on during the first six weeks... As soon as I got the green light to resume a few of my regular activities, that’s when the Swelly Belly started. And, too, it starts out “okay” in the morning, but depending on how much activity I have throughout my day, it swells up even further. I think I overshot myself and overestimated my healing. I feel like I’m back to square one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2021, 10:35 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 15-Feb 21,2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGrown View Post
Hi!!! I was starting to think I was all alone on this site! Yes, looks like we did have our hys’s on the same day. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about my experience with my surgeon and his team - They were wonderful.

So like yourself, I felt better and better as the days went on during the first six weeks... As soon as I got the green light to resume a few of my regular activities, that’s when the Swelly Belly started. And, too, it starts out “okay” in the morning, but depending on how much activity I have throughout my day, it swells up even further. I think I overshot myself and overestimated my healing. I feel like I’m back to square one.
Like you, I had a very positive experience with my surgeon and medical team.

Compared to other some surgery weeks, we didn’t have many sisters, so not as much activity here.

I think we can probably expect to have swelly as a companion for several more weeks if not longer.
Last week I had to take a family member to a medical appointment out of town. The three and a half hour drive there tired me out, but the return trip two days later... I felt like I wasn’t going to make it home! The fatigue was powerful. We do the best we can with what we have. I look at it as having ‘x’ amount of energy to expend in a day. Every week since surgery that amount increases. At this point, I feel about 70% back to normal. I’m doing all the normal daily things, some slightly modified, but there’s a ways to go before reaching 100%. Give yourself more time.
Unread 05-02-2021, 08:34 AM
Light bleeding and not sure if it's cause for alarm

Good morning, Ladies
I am almost at 11 weeks post-op. I have had some light bleeding on for the past 48 hours. The first 24 hours was so incredibly light that it would have gone unnoticed if I weren't paying attention. the second 24 hours has been more noticeable and warrants a panty liner incase of an "accident". I don't suffer any pain at all, but this makes me feel nervous. I thought I'd reach out and see if anyone else has experienced this, too. Is this common?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2021, 09:37 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 15-Feb 21,2021

Hi Texas... if you'd not kept your cervix, I'd would've suggested getting in touch with your doctor. Sometimes increased activity can bring on some spotting or light bleeding, resuming sex, a stubborn stitch or granulation which hadn't healed yet.

In your case... you kept your cervix and one or both ovaries. It's possible that your ovaries are back to functioning at a level that you might be experiencing Mini-Periods After Hysterectomy, possible if some of the endometrial lining on your cervix didn't get cauterized. It happens in about 12% of the supracervical surgeries, usually is light and lasts maybe 2-3 days. For some women this cycle will go on for a few months before disappearing, some women deal with it until menopause. I'd suggest tracking this, making a note of frequency and duration. If it continues, or you notice any changes that indicate a more serious issue (heavier bleeding, a return of pain), let your doctor know.
Unread 05-16-2021, 02:51 PM

Cussette, both of my doctors suggested it could be either one of those reasons. Time will determine.

I'm approaching my 13 week post-op date. I can honestly say that as I don't notice improvement from day-to-day, I do notice improvement week-to-week=) The abdominal pressure and swelly belly is not as "big" or uncomfortable. Instead of swelling at 10am, it doesn't show it's fat head until about 2pm (Yay!). My G.I. function (for the most part) is back to normal, too. I've started to engage in some light exercising, and walking a couple of miles every-other-day. I'm beginning to see some light at the end of the tunnel=)
Unread 05-17-2021, 09:57 AM

Hooray for light at the end of the tunnel which isn't a truck or a bus!

Week to week is definitely the better way to measure this. A few years ago I replied to someone
You'll likely notice improvements week by week rather than day by day. It's not really an "a-ha" moment either, but more the realization that "hey, I couldn't do [insert activity here] two weeks ago".
That tracks. I still dealt with swelly belly whenever I'd do more than my body was ready to handle (last time at 5 months), ovaries were full throttle somewhere between 12-16 weeks, fatigue off and on through 7 months, and the most telling was the nerve pain where I noticed some minor milestones at varying times before it was totally gone by 10-1/2 months. I don't often share just how long with newcomers to the site so as not to be discouraging, but it's more like 4, 6 months with some vestiges of recovery lasting longer.

Favorite emoji for the healing timeline:
Unread 06-25-2021, 07:17 PM
Smile - Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 15-Feb 21,2021 Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 15-Feb 21,2021

Hello ladies,
I am on the other side of my four month post-op mark and I can honestly say that even though it is a slower recovery than I anticipated, the choice I made to have the hysterectomy is one of the best decisions I could've made for myself=)

I still have swelly belly, but it's not as uncomfortable as it was a couple of months ago. I'm able to do some light exercising now (even some moderate rides on my spin bike), wear some of my jeans to the second-to-last button, and sleep in the pronate position=) It's a slow progress, but I'm no longer in daily pain and can begin to understand what everyone has been sayin' - Patience, patience, and patience=)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register