Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Mar 29-Apr 04,2021 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Mar 29-Apr 04,2021 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Mar 29-Apr 04,2021

Unread 03-29-2021, 04:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Mar 29-Apr 04,2021

If your hysterectomy was between Mar 29-Apr 04,2021 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your hysterectomy recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns instead of including the question in your update! There is information on how to start a new thread in this link: New Here? or you can use this link: Post a New Topic in the Post-Op forum.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

We hope you are recovering well with plenty of rest and water and a bit of walking. Don't forget to pamper the princess!

How to use the Recovery Progress Reports thread:

• 1. This thread is for the purpose of sharing updates on your recovery as you heal from your hysterectomy.

• 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress and to share encouragement with your surgery week Sisters.

• 3. Remember to start a new thread on the Post-Op message board to ask your questions.

• 4. The Progress Report threads now begin in our special forum for all Hysterectomy Recovery Reports and will remain there for you to always find your discussion.
  • 5. Remember all the love and support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in the Pre-Op Hysterectomy Support forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of women helping women!
  • 6. You can also share support and experiences with post-op members in all phases of recovery in the Post-Op Hysterectomy Support forum by replying on the new threads they create.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2021, 10:05 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Mar 29-Apr 04,2021

to the other side and to your Recovery Thread. Your fears of facing surgery are all over and now you can concentrate on recovery. I am (((bkfranke))) and I will joining you during your initial recovery period. This is your place to keep us up to date on how you are, meet other sisters who are recovering along with you, and find answers to the many questions that will come.

I remember the questions I had after surgery. I was too nervous to post at first but I read my Recovery Thread every day. I soon realized no one would bite me, no question was a dumb question, this was my chance to be with others who were the same place I was AND this was the place to be encouraged.

Please, don’t be SHY – join us and let us know how you are and what your questions and concerns are. (bathroom issues, gas pains, swelly belly, insomnia ) You may not be able to ask them anywhere else but you can ask them here. We are here for you.

So sit back Princesses:
-- Get plenty of rest
-- No lifting, pushing, pulling, or bending
-- Drink lots (and pee lots)
-- Did I mention rest?
-- Walk a little each day (do not pass go; do not run, skip or dance )

Thank you so much for allowing me to join you on your journey.

Remember we are here for you. You are not alone.
Unread 03-31-2021, 08:33 AM

Surgery was yesterday, 3/30. I was able to keep my ovaries. But my oxygen levels tanked, got sent home on oxygen. I feel exhausted and sore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2021, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmfurister View Post
Surgery was yesterday, 3/30. I was able to keep my ovaries. But my oxygen levels tanked, got sent home on oxygen. I feel exhausted and sore.
Cmfurister ... it is so good to meet you dear. Rejoicing with you that you were able to keep your ovaries. It may take a bit for them to "wake up" after surgery.

I am sorry about your oxygen levels ... how long will you need to be on oxygen? I hope it levels out quickly for you.

Being exhausted is a normal part of this recovery ... this is not a "push harder" recovery but it is a "rest harder" one. Be kind to yourself dear and give your body the rest it needs to heal.

on your continued recovery ... remember we are here for you each step of the way.
Unread 04-01-2021, 02:02 AM

My TAH was, yesterday 3/31 and I too got to keep my ovaries. I had a spinal block for anesthesia and pain control, unfortunately it has not worked the full 24 hours as expected so I'm getting real and IV medication, tried to brave out the pain until my next scheduled dose and let it get a little out of control, nurse just have me a shot that will help. I will now speak up and not let that happen again! Catheter should come out in a few hours and maybe I can start moving around :-)
Unread 04-01-2021, 02:07 AM

I had my hysterectomy yesterday (LAVH). I had the choice to keep my ovaries but at 51 elected not to. I had a very large fibroid and was in theatre a long time but my obs in theatre and afterwards have been fine. I have been in hospital overnight (this seems standard in the UK) but am keen to leave today. Had a bit of pain and discomfort overnight - mainly around the shoulders as a result of the Laproscopy. Went to the toilet and passed urine this morning after having catheter removed at midnight last night. Next target to get washed and dressed and have a bowel movement!
Unread 04-01-2021, 05:32 AM

I got my hysterectomy done 31 March 21. They went in, took everything including the cervix and left the right ovary. But I also found on the paperwork they removed more endometriosis and cysts.

I was told by a fellow hystersister that having the laparoscopy hysterectomy was less painful so that's what I opted for, having had an emergency c section seventeen years back. Anyway, I'm having to run and pee every hour since I got home and the prescriptions (oxy and extra strength tylenol) are barely making a dent in the pain.

Hoping this starts mitigating today.
Unread 04-01-2021, 05:14 PM

Hi everyone. Had my full vaginal hysterectomy on the 30th. Removed cervix, tubes, ovaries and did both posterior and anterior vag repair. Few observations: the tailbone pain is my most painful issue so far (apparently from attaching things to ligaments), 6 hours btwn Oxy is too long, still haven’t pooped yet (ugh) and self-catherizing is my new hobby. (Seriously, I’m really hoping my bladder wakes up all the way soon!).
Hope everyone is hanging in there!
~Mel
Unread 04-01-2021, 05:18 PM

I’ve been peeing a lot too and i was worried it was too often. Every time I go I have to cath and measure. It’s not pain-free either. I’m worried about getting a UTI.

I’ve found that 5 hours is the sweet spot for meds. It you go longer it takes too long for them to take effect and bring down your pain level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonelysheltie View Post
I got my hysterectomy done 31 March 21. They went in, took everything including the cervix and left the right ovary. But I also found on the paperwork they removed more endometriosis and cysts.

I was told by a fellow hystersister that having the laparoscopy hysterectomy was less painful so that's what I opted for, having had an emergency c section seventeen years back. Anyway, I'm having to run and pee every hour since I got home and the prescriptions (oxy and extra strength tylenol) are barely making a dent in the pain.

Hoping this starts mitigating today.
Unread 04-01-2021, 06:46 PM

Had my TAH yesterday and I'm still in the hospital and today I've been really struggling with pain contro, I get Norco every 4 hours and motrin every 8 but it's not helping. I'm urinating just fine but can't tell if I'm passing gas, I feel it moving in my belly and feel the sensation that I need to pass gas but can't feel or smell anything. I'm scheduled to go home in the morning, worried about the hour long car ride, I do have a pillow to hold against my tummy but not sure how I'm going to feel pain wise, we will see. While we seen to be having a few hiccups I think we're all doing really well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register