Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 244 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 09-14-2007, 06:25 PM
Smile - Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 todays check up

I had my 8 week check up today, she said I was healing very well.. She still said no lifting over 10 pounds for another 2 weeks!!! Not sure why my BP is still a little high, I get it taken at the drug store same day as the doctor appointment and its fine, go to the doctors 3 hours later and its up over 10 points top and bottom number WHATS that about??? UGH! I didnt even ask her about the "X" question, she knows Im not married, and as of now as before my HYST... I have zero interest in it at this time, too busy being a mom and making a living for us. I feel very lucky I don't have to worry about the "X" thing right now. I have 2 ex's and 1 ex pain in the neck co worker offering for the past 2 years!! LOL MEN! DONT they get it? we don't need them!! If we choose to we can maybe need them, but they act as if something is wrong with me because I choose to concentrate on my child, my kitties, my job and my household and my healing!! PROUD OF THAT!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-14-2007, 07:31 PM
Owie

YOu go, girl, Presouz!

Nope, didn't finish my grading. No way. I have gotten through 12 freshman comp essays today and marking up the first two paragraphs on 18 ESL essays today. Tomorrow I start the stack of 22 ESL essays that are much larger than the little ones from today. I figure half Saturday and half Sunday. Then on Monday I get a fresh batch of 24 essays in another section. It's kind of like drinking the 16 glasses of colonoscopy prep: I just look in the mirror and say, 'you can do it.'

I tried to walk today and it was soooooooooo cold, so I only did a mile. I didn't walk yesterday, either. I said Owie up above bec. i ate some popcorn (microwave) and I do think there is something 'up' in those intestines of mine. I still feel those knots. If I can self diagnose as to when/what/ why they knot a bit, then I can stay away from pesky foods or movements until I go for a liquid pap later this year. I don't recommend surgery for any of us! LOL

I am glad the follow up appts and CAT scan (Phillipians) and all went okay this week, even if the results aren't all in on the CAT. I hope it turns out okay and that the back pain lessens for you........When you talked about hating the needle for the IV on the other thread I thought of my friend whose story I told re: hodgkins. She would go 'waaaaa, waaaaa, waaaaaa' whenever a needle came near.

DD is sleeping 'over' at someone else's house (w/her LD everytime she asks, 'can i have a sleepover?' i think she means at OUR house and in HER mind it's at someone else's house)...........and granddaughter is here until tomorrow a.m. when I drive her to a friend's......and then grade, grade, grade and MAY walk, walk, walk!

to you all. Have a restful weekend. It's ten weeks Monday for some of us, right? Am I counting right? I still don't feel normal. I know I'm lots better, but still not normal.

One more
Unread 09-15-2007, 06:18 AM
good morning

AHHH the weekend! I was supossed to work today but asked a co worker to work for me as we have an annual golf outing in honor of a close friend that passed away at an early age of a heart attack. With the brain that they replaced mine for during my hysterectomy, I forgot to put it on the calender.

I hope you all are able to rest and regroup over the weekend. I was sorry to read that some are having some issues with back pain, eye problems and colon issues.

I cannot say that I am back to NORMAL but feeling very good. I still deal with the bottom pain but I try to ignore it. I made dinner last night for my friend. it was so nice of a friend of mine when she did it for me when I came home from the hospital. She said it feels so good to be home. Would not wish a 3 week castle stay on anyone!

Well, I am off to swing the club

's to all!
SM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2007, 06:33 AM
hello

Good Morning sisters!
Boy, it is 9 weeks and 1 day for me! I do feel very good overall except for the bottom pain that radiates down my leg. I also am dealing with hemmrhoids which is not fun. No constipation. i really think the 2 are related.

I hope all of you that are having issues with back, bowel or eye pain get good news from the doctors and start to get some relief. I do feel bad for you. We all seem to have some issues with the surgery.
I pray for those of you that have had to go through more tests. It is frustrating and you have every right to feel crappy about it!! You know your bodies better than anyone.

Going golfing today. We will see how many holes I will be able to do. It is best ball and a fun golf outing, so if I skip a couple of holes it is no big deal.

,s to all my sisters! Heal, heal and heal!
SM
Unread 09-15-2007, 06:59 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Have a good day, Simplyme! It is soooooooooo cold here in MN, but supposed to swing the other way and get super hot soon.............

Everyone have a good day. I love the a.m. because when I wake up I never have any knots to contend with!
Unread 09-15-2007, 07:51 AM
Goodmorning everyone

I have been pretty much resting the last few days. The bowel seems to be getting better but I feel weak and sick to my stomach due to all the antibiotics. I have 5 more days to go with all the pills.

I still don't sleep very well, does anyone else have that problem?

Also I realize after having all this pain the bladder really hurts when I go first thing in the morning. Later in the day it does not hurt AS much but it still hurts. I am to see a urologist Oct 1st. It got pushed back due to this other thing.

Phil: Your still waiting for results. I hope they come out good for you. I would think by Monday you should know something. They had me stay and wait for my results and then they gave me a CD of my test so I could look at it on the computer or give it to a Dr. I really don't understand it but it looks really cool LOL.

Jennice: Hope your eye clears up. Have fun Simplyme it's strange your having pain too but I am glad it does not keep you down.
Unread 09-15-2007, 09:01 AM

Super cold here in Ottawa too. This is the first day I'll have to cave and wear socks and sneakers instead of sandals
I took Friday off so that I could sleep sleep sleep. I have had a very easy time of it. The pain is gone and all I have to deal with is fatigue. Still, I've used hardly any vacation days so I figure I'll take some 4-day work weeks this month and catch up on the zzz's. I'm determined to walk today too. If it keeps on raining I'll get on the treadmill. Was walking every single day after surgery but since I've been back at work have been a little lazy.
Enjoy your weekend everyone
Unread 09-15-2007, 11:40 AM

Oh yes, I hear everyone WEEKEND WEEKEND WEEKEND! The past 2 weeks I worked 50hr weeks! Monday we are going to try and start regular time...our 8hr day...whatever that is LOL! We talked about what time we're all coming in on Monday and the one girl said she didn't even know what her regular starting time is supposed to be LOL...We've had a blast catching up (girl chitchat) these past 2 weeks...by Fri. early afternoon we agreed we had had it and left early, loved it!!!

Here it is Saturday morning...trying to savor the moment! Told dh I want the clock to stop like it does at work! LOL, he said somehow it just doesn't work that way LOL!

I must say I am feeling normal these days, tired but don't think it's lasting effects from hyster, just flat out too early mornings, too late nights, and overworked during the day...otherwise doing/feeling great!

It's so cool to see everyone still coming here and posting...I think about everyone alot!

's
Unread 09-15-2007, 11:45 AM

Ladies,
Just checking in. All of u hang in there. Simply, I am glad that you are feeling better. I was having bottom pain before surgery. I am thinking that my bad utti may had caused hemmy's too. How do you know if you have them? All I need it to start my GI testing me again like he did a few yrs ago. I am so tired of drs.: GI, GYN, GP, Optometrist, Opthalomogist, etc. etc.

Phil,
I am sure everything will be fine.

As for my eye, I think that it may be sinus or allergy related because I have a sinus headache just about every morning. Then after I take a sinus pill, it goes away.
Unread 09-15-2007, 07:38 PM

I hope everyone had a good saturday afternoon and night. It was chilly here too. I swear i'm never going to get rid of this allergies/cold going on. My sinuses are killing me. And this cough is almost gagging me. O well it's that time of the year. And the flu thing is already going around in the school with the kids. I hope we can get our flu shots early this year. I feel like i'm going to need it. Everyone have a good nights sleep.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register