Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 22-Feb 28,2021 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 22-Feb 28,2021 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 22-Feb 28,2021

Unread 02-22-2021, 03:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 22-Feb 28,2021

If your hysterectomy was between Feb 22-Feb 28,2021 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your hysterectomy recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns instead of including the question in your update! There is information on how to start a new thread in this link: New Here? or you can use this link: Post a New Topic in the Post-Op forum.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

We hope you are recovering well with plenty of rest and water and a bit of walking. Don't forget to pamper the princess!

How to use the Recovery Progress Reports thread:

• 1. This thread is for the purpose of sharing updates on your recovery as you heal from your hysterectomy.

• 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress and to share encouragement with your surgery week Sisters.

• 3. Remember to start a new thread on the Post-Op message board to ask your questions.

• 4. The Progress Report threads now begin in our special forum for all Hysterectomy Recovery Reports and will remain there for you to always find your discussion.
  • 5. Remember all the love and support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in the Pre-Op Hysterectomy Support forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of women helping women!
  • 6. You can also share support and experiences with post-op members in all phases of recovery in the Post-Op Hysterectomy Support forum by replying on the new threads they create.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2021, 05:19 PM

Hi everyone ! I'm Fluffy, your tour guide through the first 9 weeks of recovery. This is a place of rest, sharing, and healing.

So, here are some words of wisdom for the first few days to get you going... more information to come!

You may be quite sore, so stay on top of your pain medication. Set a timer so you can stay on top of it.

Stay hydrated! This will help with constipation. Remember to take your stool softer if you've been given one.

Rest, rest, rest!! Let others take care of you. Even if you had minimally invasive surgery, it's still major surgery.

it's okay to call your doctor after hours if you need to, that is what they are there for.

Unread 02-22-2021, 10:58 PM
Day 1

Hello I had my hysterectomy today and my pain level has been as high as 9. Most of the pain is on the abdomen wound which is 4 inches long and internally. The pain feels like a combination of a really bad bruise, contractions and menstrual cramps.Suprinsingly, the discharge is very minimal. I have a abdominal binder which really helps. It hurts to cough, laugh, get up and to sit back down. I am using a walker and the nurse helps me to the restroom. My uterus and Fallopian tubes were removed. My ovaries and cervix are still there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2021, 11:04 PM

Hi all.. Im J, 33 years old and writing this from my hospital room in the middle of the night while in tears because my pain isnt properly managed. I had a total laparoscopic hysterectomy with bilateral salpingectomy and was luckily able to keep my ovaries. Apparently my body has a high tolerance for pain medications and the sort. Anesthesiology even had to give me almost twice the normal doses to put me down and keep me down during surgery from what I was told.
Hope all my other 2/22 ladies are doing well and have a good recovery.
Thank you for allowing me to vent a little and distract myself for a few mins.
~J
Unread 02-23-2021, 08:25 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 22-Feb 28,2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaell View Post
Hi all.. Im J, 33 years old and writing this from my hospital room in the middle of the night while in tears because my pain isnt properly managed. I had a total laparoscopic hysterectomy with bilateral salpingectomy and was luckily able to keep my ovaries. Apparently my body has a high tolerance for pain medications and the sort. Anesthesiology even had to give me almost twice the normal doses to put me down and keep me down during surgery from what I was told.
Hope all my other 2/22 ladies are doing well and have a good recovery.
Thank you for allowing me to vent a little and distract myself for a few mins.
~J
Hi J,

I'm sorry to hear you've been in such pain! I had my surgery yesterday too, and just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you and sending well wishes your way. I hope you start feeling better soon and are able to get your pain managed. Hang in there!! : )
Unread 02-23-2021, 08:34 AM

Hi everyone!

I had my surgery yesterday (2/22) - a robot-assisted laparoscopic total hysterectomy - so everything's gone including a big-ish fibroid. The surgery puts me into menopause, but I'm 52, so it would have been here soon enough. My procedure was outpatient, so I didn't stay in the hospital and went back home yesterday evening. I'm doing really well, and am taking it easy. They did a pain block on my abdomen, so I think that helps, and I'm taking GasX to minimize the pain from gas. I tried not to take the more powerful meds, but quickly realized that wasn't ideal, so have been consistently following my med schedule, which seems to be working very well. I'm also taking short walks around the house from time to time.

I read the notes of my fellow 2/22 hystersisters here, and just want to let you know that I'm thinking of you, and hoping you're able to get your pain managed, and start feeling better soon.
Unread 02-23-2021, 04:26 PM

Welcome home, you're on the first days to feeling so much better than you will believe.

Pain management was a major issue for me,the narcotics made me so sick and staying in the hospital didn't help. Here is some great help from the hystersisters on

Pain Management After Hysterectomy .
It was better at home in my bed, with my ice packs and just being comfortable. Ask your doctor before using heat, it may depend on what they used to close your incisions.

How Long After Hysterectomy for a Bowel Movement
Please be patient with yourself on this one, it's not a competition and everyone is different. Make sure you keep drinking water, eating lots of fiber, and moving around when you can, even if it's shuffling to the potty. Also, a toilet stool aka squatty potty really does help.

Laxatives vs. Stool Softeners after Hysterectomy
This is really important so you or your person caring/helping you guys the correct thing at the drug store.

Make sure you take your pain and nausea meds on time, even if means setting an alarm at 230am. You don't want that getting out of control. And write it down! You are all doing fantastic!

Be kind to yourself, love your self, and you have the right to sleep and be grouchy.

Coming home from surgery post OP can be scary/frustrating, especially if this is your first surgery. Or even if it's not! I worried over every little thing. Here is a guide on
When to Call Your Doctor After Hysterectomy .
And if you are still having any doubts/concerns/worries, CALL YOUR DOCTOR .

Unread 02-25-2021, 08:07 AM

Hello everyone!

I had a robotic-assisted hysterectomy and removal of my left ovary and a borderline ovarian tumor.

I stayed in the hospital overnight, as the pain was more than I expected. My dr informed me that surgery was quite long. We also discussed hormone replacement therapy this morning, and I will be starting therapy sooner rather than later.

I am doing much better this am, pain level has decreased and I’m ready to go home to rest and recover.

Thinking of all my sisters who had surgery this week. Sending positive thoughts and wishes of a steady recovery!
Unread 02-25-2021, 11:43 AM

Hello all, I had single site (through the belly button) DaVinci Robot-assisted total hysterectomy yesterday morning. Hubby got to accompany me to pre-op and in recovery. Everything went extremely well; they said surgery took only a little over an hour (!) They gave me mesh granny panties with a pad, an ice pack for my navel area, and I have been given a "pain ball," which I carry around in a sling over my shoulder and is attached to where my innards used to be via a small catheter. The ball gradually deflates, and when it's flat, I can remove the catheter myself (it's a really tiny little tube!). I had GREAT support from the hospital staff, who were extremely reassuring beforehand and concerned afterward. I was given one hydrocodone post-op, and was then admitted to a regular hospital room for observation for several hours so I could have more time to recover, and it was good that I did. My questions were answered and my pain was managed very well; the nurse gave me another hydrocodone a few hours later with some applesauce and it didn't cause any stomach upset. I did kinda breathe shallowly, though, and they said my oxygen was 90 - encouraged me to take deep breaths and use a gizmo to suck in air and breathe out. I snoozed for a few hours, went potty with assistance, and I could leave when I passed gas (I did vaginally, but not otherwise, and they didn't worry because I had so little in my stomach from the day before.) I got dressed and hubby and I did about 5 laps around the hospital floor. Went potty again, and was discharged. Total hospital time: about 10.5 hours (arrived 5:30am, surgery at about 7:45am, recovery until about 4pm). Drank tons of water and laid on the couch at home. They gave me extra pads to use for bleeding, which at first was like a pretty regular period and lessened with time, and a squeeze bottle to use after pottying to prevent UTI. Tolerated a light meal. Took 600mg. ibuprofen about 8pm, but awoke about 2am this morning with quite a bit of pain. Went potty (I just need a liner for blood now) and took 600mg. ibuprofen. It SORTA helped, but I was able to get back to sleep. Very little pain upon rising this morning. Put Miralax in my coffee, been drinking water, walked around my house a few laps. Will try to get on my treadmill for 10-15 min. this afternoon. I hope this wasn't too much information for you all; I hope it gives you some idea of what to expect. Thinking of you all.
Unread 02-25-2021, 12:47 PM

I hope y’all are doing well with your recovery! I had mine yesterday and went home that same say. I arrived at the surgery center at 5:30am and surgery was at 6:30am. My surgery went great and was textbook. It only took my doctor about 30 minutes. I stayed in recovery for 4-5 hours and was on my way to home by 1:00. Had some pain yesterday, but not too bad. I’ve been staying on top of my pain meds and I slept pretty well. Today I woke up a little more sore than I was yesterday, but not unbearable. I’ve been trying to take short walks around the house and I’ve been pretty good with that.

I did have some bleeding yesterday, but it’s less today. I’m still bleeding some today, but not as much as yesterday. I hope you’re all doing well and feeling good.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register