Body tremors since hysterectomy, so far no diagnosis - ideas? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hyster Sisters Extras and Add-Ons > In Search of Info/Support for .....

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Body tremors since hysterectomy, so far no diagnosis - ideas? Body tremors since hysterectomy, so far no diagnosis - ideas?

Unread 07-22-2021, 06:03 PM
Body tremors since hysterectomy, so far no diagnosis - ideas?

I'm 42 and it's been 18 months since my supracervical hysterectomy. I've had body tremors, including jaw shuddering like I'm shivering ever since the surgery. I thought they were blood sugar-related and just had a bunch of labs drawn from my endocrinologist, who couldn't find anything abnormal.

I had my A1c checked, fasting glucose, test my own blood sugar, and was prescribed Metformin to see if that didn't resolve these shaking, tremor episodes. She even tested me for a rare type of tumor and specific protein enzymes.

I do not have diabetes and the dr. didn't feel my blood sugar readings at 65 were low. I am not in menopause and my hormones are all in the normal range.

I quickly gave up on Metformin because it blocks the absorbancy of B12. The Endo Dr. said she didn't feel I needed Metformin, but thought we could at least experiment with it to see if it would stop these episodes.

My GP doctor blames stress for these episodes. They do occur after an intense workout, mixed with horrible insomnia, and the shaking does not stop after eating something. If I've pushed myself too far I will have these tremors. It's like my body can't handle any stress.

Has anyone experienced this? I plan on asking for additional testing for MS and Parkinson's just for peace of mind. Thought I'd ask you ladies if you had anything similar and what you found out is going on?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2021, 06:32 AM
Re: Body tremors since hysterectomy, so far no diagnosis - ideas?

I've moved your post to our In Search Of forum where other non-hysterectomy related questions are gathered. Rest assured, our Sisters do read these peripheral forums.

I've not experienced these, but just in a quick search, B vitamins play a role in the health of our nervous system, so your endo doc might be on to something. Per my go-to consumer health site, muscle fatigue and stress can cause tremors - so your GP may also be onto something. I take it they're not continuous? Just when you push yourself? I'm wondering if a post-workout supplement might help your muscles recover, and may in turn help with the tremors.

I think it's wise for you to go for more testing - either eliminate those possibilities, or detect something so you can begin to manage whatever it might be.

Keep us posted. I'm hoping someone will be able to share a personal experience.

Unread 07-24-2021, 06:44 PM

Thank you for commenting. I do take a vitamin b complex with zinc - it's a stress formula. Tried ashwaganda, but that just gave me headaches. I think you're right - I'm still experimenting for the right recovery supplement/ snack.

These episodes will last days sometimes. They were the worst when I was low-carbing & caffeine. So I stopped both and things appeared to go away. Nope, just had another 2 day shake fest with leg pain and anxiety.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-24-2021, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyScreenName View Post
I'm 42 and it's been 18 months since my supracervical hysterectomy. I've had body tremors, including jaw shuddering like I'm shivering ever since the surgery. I thought they were blood sugar-related and just had a bunch of labs drawn from my endocrinologist, who couldn't find anything abnormal.

I had my A1c checked, fasting glucose, test my own blood sugar, and was prescribed Metformin to see if that didn't resolve these shaking, tremor episodes. She even tested me for a rare type of tumor and specific protein enzymes.

I do not have diabetes and the dr. didn't feel my blood sugar readings at 65 were low. I am not in menopause and my hormones are all in the normal range.

I quickly gave up on Metformin because it blocks the absorbancy of B12. The Endo Dr. said she didn't feel I needed Metformin, but thought we could at least experiment with it to see if it would stop these episodes.

My GP doctor blames stress for these episodes. They do occur after an intense workout, mixed with horrible insomnia, and the shaking does not stop after eating something. If I've pushed myself too far I will have these tremors. It's like my body can't handle any stress.

Has anyone experienced this? I plan on asking for additional testing for MS and Parkinson's just for peace of mind. Thought I'd ask you ladies if you had anything similar and what you found out is going on?

Thanks!
Hello,

I am 8 week into recovery and I been feeling same way. I haven’t gone to my dr to see why I get them. Yes! It feels like my body can’t handle any stress. It’s so annoying.

Before my hysterectomy I had thyroid cancer and had my left side remove. After I was diagnosed with hashimoto disease. I am thinking my hysterectomy is causing me to have flare ups which may include tremors. My husband suffers from Sjögren’s and same thing happens to him. I been check for MS and was negative but that was before surgery.

Hope you find an answer and please come back and let me know.
Unread 07-30-2021, 05:10 PM
Re: Body tremors since hysterectomy, so far no diagnosis - ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zano1217 View Post
Hello,

I am 8 week into recovery and I been feeling same way. I haven’t gone to my dr to see why I get them. Yes! It feels like my body can’t handle any stress. It’s so annoying.

Before my hysterectomy I had thyroid cancer and had my left side remove. After I was diagnosed with hashimoto disease. I am thinking my hysterectomy is causing me to have flare ups which may include tremors. My husband suffers from Sjögren’s and same thing happens to him. I been check for MS and was negative but that was before surgery.

Hope you find an answer and please come back and let me know.
I'm sorry to hear you're dealing with this too! I have a referral for a neurologist, but my new primary doctor is stumped. She says my symptoms aren't MS or Parkinson's. They keep telling me I'm perfectly healthy and this is just stress. I'm frustrated.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register