Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Mar 09-Mar 15,2009 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Mar 09-Mar 15,2009 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Mar 09-Mar 15,2009

Unread 03-09-2009, 12:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Mar 09-Mar 15,2009

If your hysterectomy was between Mar 09-Mar 15,2009 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!

We hope you are recovering with plenty of rest and a bit of walking.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

Don't forget to pamper the princess, drink plenty of water and walk a bit!

How to use the Progress Report threads:
  • 1. This thread is for the purpose of your hysterectomy recovery progress report.
  • 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress.
  • 3. Remember to start a new thread to ask your questions.***
  • 4. The Progress Report threads will be moved at approximately 8 weeks post-op to the Date Club forum inside the HysterSisters clubhouse.
  • 5. Remember all the love & support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in Pre-Op Forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of Women Helping Women!

***If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns! There's information on how to start a new thread in this link: New Here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2009, 12:43 PM

i had my hysterectomy Monday March 9th... i can't sit for long.. so i will make this short

got to the castle about 4:45 am..couldn't sleep Sunday night to Monday morning at all.....

got there they took my vital signs put me in a gown.......hooked me up to an IV and then i got to meet my nurse, Tiffany, who would be in with me for the surgery..my nurse aneshtiesilogist who was in there doing my anesthesia...the anesthesiologist and then finally my Dr.

i told my Doctor to make me big inside because i had a well endowed husband and my husband practically died on the spot of embarassment.....
i also told her that i couldn't take NSAIDS because they cause blood in my stools ( i am home on percocets now)

i know i wrote on here 12 hours after my surgery on morphine but haven't seen that post.....

anyway...i haven't had a lick of trouble except for some diarrhea when i wasn't able to get up (yucky!)

and then when i was allowed up i peed the very first time i tried...and had more diarrhea..

diarrhea has continued throughout today was released last night......

i am very tired but otherwise am good...

when i woke up in recovery i was in terrible pain.... like a 10 level.... and then they gave me dialuadid before hooking me up to the morphine pump in my room......

i had apparently been "running" with my legs when i first got to recovery so they had not been able to attach the cathetar to my leg.. which they did before i left recovery

i was also very very cold in recovery and slept with like four blankets...

later i got hot and only slept with a sheet and a blanket.....

anyway....i was released last night around 6 ish pm.....

so just one overnight in the hospital

i am glad to be back to my own bed........

although my husband did accidently snuggle me this morning..and i groused at him.....

not up for snuggling yet.....

well gonna go lie back down.. don't have a lap top.. was using one that they had at the hospital a keyboard that you saw what you were typing up on the tv.

hugs to all,
jamesgirl
Unread 03-11-2009, 06:53 PM

Hi all. I had TLH Monday morning March 9, 2009. I found out in December 2008 that I had a fibroid the size of a tennis ball. I was really stressed out Monday morning. My surgery went longer than anticipated. The fibroid was larger than the doctor expected.

The only problems I have had is with the gas pains. My incisions hurt a little but the gas pains are aweful. Sometimes I cannot get my breath. I am really surprised that I am able to get up and move around as much as I have been able to. Moving around seems to help but not for long.

I can't wait until I get my energy back and can do normal things again.

Look forward to hearing from you all,

citygal44
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2009, 06:15 AM

I had my Total Laparascopic Hysterectomy on Tuesday, the operation went great! Only problem was nausea for the next two and a half day. I was sent back home on Wednesday, but hard to cope with the nausea myself, with a background with hyperemesis etc, so got a new prescription for severe nausea.

Today, Friday, I am having a good day, but are exchausted after showering, so are relaxing at the sofa today.

Overall very happy with the operation; Almost no pain, no pain after the gas used during operation, sleeping and going to toilet no problems . The doctor and the private hospital I stayed in was wonderfull !
Unread 03-13-2009, 08:54 AM

i didn't have a lot of trouble with nausea when i woke up...(but they said they were giving me something so that i wouldn't).....

i did have diarrhea the minute they let me have the clear liquid diet (not just ice chips or water)...when i had the broth it shot right through me...... making a mess out of me and the bed.... i asked for help to the bathroom but even if the nurse had been right in the room i wouldn't have made it on time...

i have still had some diarrhea since being home.... Raisin bran kind of bulked things up a little bit.... today i am nasueated from eating poorly ( ice cream and cookies)...... so i reccommend trying to eat healthily for both the nausea and diarrhea problems.....

i took my first shower yesterday and it wiped me out..but it was nice to change into a clean gown......

i really really really want to walk to the mailbox today but am not sure if that is a good idea...... it will be warm out there meaning our lovely snake is likely to be out and about.. and lots of bees...... not sure i am in a jumping, ducking, running mood! okay actually i am sure i can't do any of that right now......

i was amazed that the very first time i tried to pee...that i could...... they had me pee a couple of times and measured it before i got to go home.....

they fed me a vegan diet while i was there...and i was really just wanting a vegetarian diet...but oh well...that was probably better for me anyhow!

except for the spicy black beans they were trying to give me.....

hugs to all,
jamesgirl
Unread 03-13-2009, 11:39 AM

Had Lavh with major pelvic repair on March 11th. All the docs and nurses were great and it was good to share with them being a nusre as well. Surgery took much longer then they expected. Had a very anxious family waiting. It sounds like I l lost more blood and had to go back and stop the bleeding. surgery started at 8:30 am I was in my room around 4 Pm. Pretty sore, but movingwell, had shower today. still have to cath myself for uirine but expect that to be around for a while. Initital diagnosis showed stypical complex hyperplasia but Doc that looked good, and will no final patology reportnmy Monday or so. Relaxing and wathcing movies and taking phone calls all I am in interested in. But sooooo Glad it is finally over with. thanks to everyone for reading and commenting on my post . Thanks dtrc
Unread 03-13-2009, 12:20 PM

hi dtrc

sorry your surgery was such a long ordeal.......

i haven't been interested in too much either yet..... just mostly trying to rest when i can......

i had anterior and posterior colpography ...or however you spell that...
it is stitches in between your vagina and bladder and your vagina and rectum to help hold those things up...as my bladder and rectum were prolapsed.....

i don't know anything about my pathology report yet.... which i am hoping means it was all clear......

huuuuuugggggggggggssssssssss and thanks for posting about your experience
jamesgirl
Unread 03-13-2009, 05:11 PM

I had my TAH on Tuesday march 10th. Everything went well. Tordol (spelling?) and MS pac pump. The Tordol works much much better than the morphine sulfate, and its non narcotic...who know.
I was up and walking day one. Soreness...mainly...and the dreaded gas and bloating. I came home yesterday, and my 17 and 8 year old are being very good to me. Today I mostly rested...and sat up...walked a little around the house. My belly is really...REALLY swollen....and is painful....I still havent moved my bowels...and I am sure that is part of the problem. Im working on fixing that one soon!!!!
I have a dinning room chair at my bedside to use as a rail...and also at my bathroom to use there too. It's been helpful.

We are of course waiting for the pathology report...but the doctor stated my uterus was twice normal size (ultra sound in Feb said it was normal size) soft and boggy. She also stated that there was a 'stream' of endometrial type tissue posterior on the uterus and where it was....she feels I have both adeno and endo....and is waiting for the pathology report to consider further treatment that may be necessary.
I dont regreat the hysterectomy because last week...I had my period...and my belly was just as swollen as it is now...and the cramps are worse than the soreness that Im having with the TAH.....so...yes...I am upset a little if I need more treatment...but will be glad when this is all over!
Thanks for everyones support!
Unread 03-14-2009, 06:59 AM

Had an abdominal hyst on march 10.....I never felt so bad in my life as i did when I woke up, my level of pain was definitely a 10+. I was informed by my doc that he had a battle on his hands in the OR, alot of scar tissue and everything was stuck to everything else, wuite a mess. I am bruised so badly that my stomach is black and dark purple. I lost alot of blood and ended up with a hempglobin count of 63 and a blood transfusion *3 bags* which I had a reaction too. My pulse was dangerously high *160*...|I think I gave the nurses a hard first 36 hrs....very worried but they were great. 2nd day, the doc found a mass in my stomach and ordered a US which got cancelled the next day but luckily the mass went away so he figured it was due to so much blood loss and it dissolved. other than that, I am home now and on the mend, still SO very tender, hard to get comfortable but I am hanging in there, taking Iron pills and Softeners to get myself up to par and I look forward to getting back to myself very soon.
Unread 03-14-2009, 07:46 AM

I am so sorry to hear about the need for blood etc. It can be rough to go through surgery, but hopefully you now will be on the mend. Jusst take it easy easy easy. The iron will help a lot with iron issues. rememeber to not get constipated though iron will do that. Take care and let those around you take care of you also.
dtrc

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register