Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 172 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-22-2007, 06:45 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Sorry for the sad news, Law. E.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2007, 06:47 PM

You will be happy to know that I did NOT walk more than 2 laps today after being at work until 4. I've had too many little things to do to try and keep up around here. I feel like I'm letting myself down when I don't walk, but maybe my body will say, 'thank you' instead.

A good, healing evening to you all as you continue to recover. I think it is going to be way past when this strand ends that I feel like my old self again. Time for some water. One good thing about having the surgery is that now I actually crave water and hope I continue to crave it. I took two bottles today to work (I use tap water at home so I don't buy so much water)..........good for me. That is one thing I'm proud of.

Good evening all.
Unread 08-22-2007, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elefante64
Simplyme I know exactly how you feel mentally. Is there a way you can ask your doctor about the pain part? It doesn't sound so normal to me. Or start a different post for advice? Good luck. When did you last see the doc? The doc said it was 'normal healing,' right? Or you haven't gone back again? It sounds like worth a phone call or visit to me. I wish you the best w/it. The mental part I share w/you 100%.
I called last week and explained how I felt, the bulge on the bottom. the nurse said it could be from a cystocele, or rectocele that has formed. I have an appointment with the DR. on Friday. When I saw the Dr. at 4 weeks to be released he said it takes time. But after the appointment the pain is getting worse, not better. The pains on the sides or pelvic area could definately be gas...but it should not cause me to have vaginal pain. I cannot sit without feeling it. The onlly position I am not aware of the pain is when I am laying down. It is almost like a pulled muscle.
SM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2007, 08:09 PM

I've become an enthusiastic water drinker too, ele. This is the first day since my surgery that I did NO walking, so your 2 laps looks pretty good. As for feeling pretty good after my trip to the office today -- NOT. I've just popped a couple of ibuprofens in the hope that the pain will ease up enough to allow me to sleep. Take it easy tomorrow and happy healing.
Unread 08-22-2007, 08:15 PM

Bsister,
We will always have July 12 as a memory. I do not wake up a day and don't think about it as I am sure, none of us do. I hear you will think about it up until a year. It is funny that drs. may be right at times anyway, this is the first week that I have gone completely without any kind of meds. Tomorrow will be 6 week and overall, I am feeling good right at the 6 wks mark. Of course, I am tired, but I also gave up diet pepsi, tea & coffee since i left the castle. We will all be fine and prayfully no more surgeries.

Law,
I used to have the boob pain prior with the slight cramping. The boob pain or should I say discomfort is gone. I think that I had WAY too much estrogen in me causing that. Since I have just one ovary now, I think that I am balanced or at least, hope so. That is an uncomfortable feeling to the touch and don't let no man be up on them. OMG! Well, I hope that doesn't continue for you, law. I took a vacation day tomorrow so I will be doin stuff around the house. My ds is leaving this weekend to return to college and that will make me sad and they say the 2nd year is easier on the parents.

TMI: I tried X tonite after my cold beer alone and the O is still there. I tried it at 4 wks and it hurt afterwards. This time it didn't. Maybe because I have been doing the kegels. It is stronger than the 1st time, but still not as strong as it used to be. I think that I was having the uterine O, but in time it will get better since i have my cervix.
Unread 08-22-2007, 08:34 PM

Sorry, bopper that you are feeling poorly. Was it your first day back? Wishing you well tomorrow.
Unread 08-22-2007, 08:40 PM

I do love a cold glass of water--especially when I was deprived of it until LATE this morning. I had to show up at the surgery center at 7:30, but I didn't actually get into the operating room until 10:30. Everything went fine with the ears. I just have a bunch of pressure now, like my head is going to implode or something. I'm probably just a weenie...

Other than that, I'm healing okay from the hysterectomy. I still get very tired very easily, and today didn't help much, although they just sedated me instead of knocking me out--that helped a lot, and I don't remember a thing, Nice, eh?

In any case, I'm just about to konk out. I've tried to be an alert mommy since getting back home. It's hard sometimes, surgery disregarded, but then throw that into the mix, and boom! Plus, we're at my parents' again because this is where our ENT is and hubby started school today (band teacher) so he couldn't come with us. That sucked.

I'm rambling now. Good night all and good luck with work tomorrow. Take the time to put your feet up or ask someone else to help you with even the tiniest thing to keep from straining yourselves. It may seem silly, but it's worth it!
Unread 08-22-2007, 08:46 PM
Glad you have an appt Simplyme

Glad you hav that Friday appt. Simplyme...

Keep us posted!
Unread 08-22-2007, 09:29 PM

I've been very careful all this time, but found myself doing something stupid after my 2nd week like picking up my kitty (10 lbs) or moving a box of cat litter.. (13 lbs) so I say Im doing pretty good... the first 2 weeks I didnt even say boo! I lay in bed and sat at my computer to work on my files, I work from home then 10 min. a day my first few weeks. I listen to my body, I am so lucky I dont have to go out and work an 8 hour day, if I do its here at home in my home office..... Anyway Good Night To You All Too!!!
Unread 08-22-2007, 11:55 PM

hello everyone its good to read everyones post and know that I'am not alone! Suffering from insomnia! Today I broke down in tears I can't even remember that last time I slept! Going to call my doctor tomorrow! Well in 10 Minutes it will be today! Ugh I need sleep. Ds is sick with the rotovirus I just hope it doesn't spread thru all of us. It would be pretty sad if the other kids end up with it on there first wk back to school.
I hope that everyone is doing well!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register