Does or did anyone have pain when coughing and bladder is full? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Does or did anyone have pain when coughing and bladder is full? Does or did anyone have pain when coughing and bladder is full?

Unread 12-29-2005, 01:50 PM
Does or did anyone have pain when coughing and bladder is full?

I am trying to figure out if I have adhesions.. My mind will be running like this until my surgery... I have had 3 c-sections, and I'm wondering if I have adhesions or something. When I have a full bladder, and I cough, there is a great shooting pain that goes across my lower abdomen, in the general area of the uterus and right ovary. It happens sometimes if I just get up from a laying down position, or God forbid- I cough laying on my side! It pulls and hurts very bad. I was just wondering if anyone has had this happen? I know my uterus is enlarged from the ultasound, dr. says about 4 month pg size. Thanks for any imput. I have been just trying to prepare myself mentally for the surgery. Very curious to what they will find once inside! I can't help it, I don't like waiting! I am not a very patient person at all...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2005, 02:29 PM

I too have an enlarged uterus from my adenomyosis and I also have endo. I've notice if my bladder is full, that it can be uncomfortable, especially if I've been sitting for a long period of time and I have a full bladder.
Unread 12-29-2005, 03:12 PM

Hi there, I too have endometriosis, and it is on my ovaries and my bladder wall, and I know if I hold it, I get terrible pain!!! I have been on bladder control med. (Detrol LA) and that seems to help, but I know it really bothers me the week before my period. I am hoping that once I recover from surgery, that maybe I will be able to stop taking the Detrol LA......I hope it will do away with by bladder problem intirely, but we will see!!!!
Hope this helps, and best wishes to you!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2005, 05:36 PM

My tummy seems to have dropped in the past few weeks. I've lost 15.5lbs in two months, was trying, but my belly looks weird. hurts to sit for any length of time, and I pee too frequently. Doc thinks its just squished do to uterus size.
I have a chest cold, been coughing at night and its very uncomfortable, boy will I be glad when this is over.

I keep dreaming about a skinnier me with no pain!!!!!
Unread 12-29-2005, 11:07 PM

Yep, mine gets worse the closer I am to my period too. And- it seems like about a week and a half or so after my period, I have an ok time. But then, the pressure starts and just continually gets worse. The bladder fullness gets worse, feeling like I have to go all the time. I will be so glad when it's over too. I am hoping all that pressure and pulling will be GONE for good! Thanks ladies!
Unread 12-30-2005, 01:15 PM

It will be nice to say we have no bad weeks anymore!!!! Cuz right now I have about one good week a month!!!!!
God bless all of you ladies!!!!!!!!
Unread 12-30-2005, 02:53 PM

Kelco, your the first to describe my symptoms exactly! If I cough, or heaven forbid sneeze, I get a ripping pain through my lower abdomen.
We are having surgery on the same date! and my mind is racing as well. Good luck!
Unread 12-30-2005, 04:12 PM
Wow, I thought I was the only one.

Wow, for so long I thought that I was the only one living like this. I am 28 almost 29 years old and My GYN just recommended that I have a Hysterectomy. My youngest son is four and ever since my last c-section with him I have had this horrible shooting pain in my lower pelvic area. I was getting actual pain and steroid injections in the site for some time and I finally had a laparascopy surgery also. To no avail, nothng was really found some serious scar tissue, a little endo. I do have an enlarged uterus, and I know that this can be uncomfortable. I have forever had rotten periods, painful cramps, and since this pain it is awful.
My doc asked me if I wanted anymore children and told me to consider a hysterectomy.
I am just confused, but i am tired of living in pain.
It's great to know I'm not the only one.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelCo
I am trying to figure out if I have adhesions.. My mind will be running like this until my surgery... I have had 3 c-sections, and I'm wondering if I have adhesions or something. When I have a full bladder, and I cough, there is a great shooting pain that goes across my lower abdomen, in the general area of the uterus and right ovary. It happens sometimes if I just get up from a laying down position, or God forbid- I cough laying on my side! It pulls and hurts very bad. I was just wondering if anyone has had this happen? I know my uterus is enlarged from the ultasound, dr. says about 4 month pg size. Thanks for any imput. I have been just trying to prepare myself mentally for the surgery. Very curious to what they will find once inside! I can't help it, I don't like waiting! I am not a very patient person at all...
Unread 12-30-2005, 08:10 PM

I had all of these same pain and frequency symptoms for the last several years and I jsut wanted to tell all of you that for me there has been a new world on the other side of surgery. I actually went out with dh for about five hours today without having to stop to pee. I haven't had to get up in the night either since the operation. Not even once! I wish all of you well and speedy recoverys.
Unread 12-31-2005, 10:04 AM

I have bled every single day, the month of Dec. I have worn a pad every day since Sept. I cannot wait for Tueday. I have a bad cough, that has just come up in the last two days. Hopefully that will settle down before Tuesday!I The pressure pains have also been worse, since the fibroid keeps growing. No dressing up for tonights News Years ! Maybe next year!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register