Excited...Scared.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Excited...Scared.... Excited...Scared....

Unread 05-12-2004, 03:00 PM
Excited...Scared....

I'm having a LAVH done on May 25th. Finally found out today that my insurance approved it. We were worried they wouldn't because I'm only 28.

My story about how it came to be that I'm having a LAVH is quite long considering the short amount of time it took my Doctor to make that decision. I'll have to write it all out eventually!

I guess that I'm in that normal "excited" and "scared" stage. I don't know if I'll have to do any bowel prep (yuk!) and I'm not sure how long my castle stay will be.

I keep trying to steer myself toward the positives of having this done and yes I have found some. So that is my excited part. The scared part of me wonders if they will be able to leave the one ovary as planned and I wonder if they do leave it, will it function okay? There's more of me that is scared about complications and stuff like that. I suppose I am in that "what if" stage!

I have several medical issues and I'm not sure what to say about them! So, I'm going to say if you have questions...ask...and I'll try my best to answer them. In the meantime, I'll try to work on a good autobiography!

Nice to meet you all and I'm so glad that this website is here!!!

Colleen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2004, 03:21 PM
On edge......

I am sooooo very excited that I found this website. I spent some time today reading the Castle Stories......I have to say that I cried. I am in a wishy washy state right now....I too am having my visit to the Castle on May 25th....my pre-op is next week.

My nerves are a little shot....and I keep having all of the thoughts go through my head!!! I'm going to look through the boards, as I dont even know if I am doing this posting correctly!!! UGH!!!

But...I saw Colleen's date to visit was the same as mine....so I wanted to say HI!!!

Smiles...Razzmatazz
Unread 05-12-2004, 03:25 PM
Excited...Scared....

Hi Razz-

I've also been browsing this site! I am so glad to see posts coming from others with the exact feelings that I am having. From what I saw there are a few of us that are going to be in the castle on the same date. I'll be thinking about all of you!

Colleen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2004, 03:25 PM
Excited...Scared....

A big to you and welcome. I know what you mean about being excited and scared all at once. My surgery is July 1 and I'm already getting nervous!!! You'll find lots of support here and lots of answers to questions! Welcome again!

Barbara
Unread 05-12-2004, 03:29 PM
Excited...Scared....

WOW......this is wonderful!!!! I am amazed at how quickly there were responses. I think that I am driving my poor dh crazy w/ all my wishy washyness. I either have him scared......confused or thinking I'm bonkers!!!!

I will be thinking of everyone too. I need to look through the site and find some great advice for pre-op. I'm hoping my 'acronym' doesn't change after next weeks doc visit!!!!

Okay.....I'm off...thank you for being here!!!
Smiles....Razzmatazz

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register