Scheduled TAH Little nervous | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Little nervous Little nervous

Unread 07-16-2009, 09:14 AM
Little nervous

I am getting a little nervous..doing the count down now only 1 week till surgery, I'm hopeing the waiting is the worst part. This web site has helped a great deal with the unknown. Have to have a TAH because of large fibroids, inlarged uterus and just found out I have Adenomyosis, plus bad bleeding(clots) and bad cramps. I just hope this is the right desicion. Well I guess I will see you guys on the other side in a week. Take care all that r in recovery I'll be with ya on July 23rd.

TAH/July23rd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2009, 09:26 AM
Re: Little nervous

I understand being nervous. I am actually alot nervous. I am going to the castle on July 22nd. I will pray for you that everything will be great. Hang in there fellow sister we will get through the other side with flying colors.
Unread 07-16-2009, 09:45 AM

I know about the nerves - I'm a week out from my surgery and the week before was definitely the worst part.

Sending you lots of good thoughts for calm in the coming week.

Peace,
M
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2009, 10:13 AM

Thank you for the kind words,I'm trying to be calm but it is hard .I know the closer it gets I'll be freaking out..lol
mlynnwi how r u doing a week out?

lululilly....I will be praying 4 u too! See u on the other side.

Unread 07-16-2009, 10:22 AM

I find that one day will go really well and I won't feel stressed about the surgery at all and then the next day (like today), I'm nervous as can be and can't seem to shake it off. I'm sure this is completely normal and I'm thankful that work keeps me busy and my mind occupied...at least sometimes .
Unread 07-16-2009, 07:04 PM

Hang in There, Ladies...

I was the same way before my surgery. I kept myself busy as much as possible before my time was up. I think I was probably more terrified than all of you put together. Before my surgery on June 30th, I had surgery 23 years ago. So for me to go under the knife scared me to death. BUT, all of you will be fine. Don't take my word for it only, read some of the post-out stories. I did that before my surgery to see how the "recovering ladies" were doing and it helped to know that they were recovering with very little problems. I am 2 weeks out and I feel fine. I would have done this years ago if I knew about this site. I truley believe that the waiting is the WORST part.

SewSo
Kept Ovaries
TAH
Unread 07-16-2009, 07:13 PM

Hi everyone!!
I know exactly how you feel!!!!My surgery was on June 1, 2009. I can tell you that waiting IS the worst part.....I was a wreck about a week before surgery. Having a supportive family or friend network really helps.
Let me tell you my experience, maybe that will help.
Pre op is really busy, getting your gown on, getting shaved, getting hooked up to monitors, and at the last minute after comes in you start getting meds that make you very woozy!! I remember getting on the table in the operating room and then I was waking up in recovery. I was not in alot of pain because of my morphine pump, but i definately could tell that things weren't as they once were!!I remember that I kept hearing Shannon, Shannon how are you(my post op nurse...so nice) I told him that i really had to pee, he said yeah that is the cathader just relax and let it go. After about an hour I was in my room dozing in and out and pushing that morphine button .... not because I was in alot of pain, but I didn't want my pain to get away from me, if that makes since! The next morning I gave up my morphine pump because I had stopped using in and didn't really have any pain and the cathader came out and the nurse helped me to the bathroom and guess what....my bladder still worked!!! After potty I had to lay back down felt dizzy. But later in the day I walked around the nurses station about 4 times. The next morning I went home.
I am now a little over 7 weeks out and I never really had any pain .... some discomfort from things moving around and finding a new home but not bad.
Tips:
In the castle they gave me Senacot each day, when I got home I continued taking it so that I wouldn't get constapated...I never did!! Also, do some walking as much as you can but don't over do it, this really helped. If you feel tired take a nap, remember when you are sleeping your body is healing!!
I hope my experience has eased your mind. You will get through this, your body knows how to heal itself....just listen to it!!
Take Care and let us know how you do!!
Shannon
Unread 07-16-2009, 07:18 PM

Me too. Just had pre op visit today as well as an apt w/ plastic surgeon for abdominoplasty at same time as TAH BSO( total hyst including ovaries(there's an egg shaped/sized solid growth on my left ovary) History of cancer so it all goes. I have a lg pannus(excessive skin). Has anyone had both tummy tuck and hyst at the same time? Did insurance help w/ tummy tuck?
I'm scheduled for Fri July 24.
Unread 07-16-2009, 07:29 PM

I ditto that! Just had pre op today as well as consult w/ plastic surgeon for same time tummy tuck. I'm having a TAH BSD. History of cancer in family so all must go. Is there anyone out there how has had both at the same time? The Dr is submitting it to ins for hopeful coverage. Anyone had the TT covered? I love this communication tool and the support. I'm new today but I could sure use prayers and words of wisdom!
Unread 07-16-2009, 07:43 PM

Shannon - thanks for sharing your story. It really helps me to read about others who've gone thru this recently and didn't have a horrible experience. I'm glad you're doing so well and hope for the same

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register