Hysterectomy in 4-6 weeks | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy in 4-6 weeks Hysterectomy in 4-6 weeks

Unread 05-12-2009, 02:35 PM
Hysterectomy in 4-6 weeks

I am Amanda, 33 years old from Virginia. I had my follow-up visit with my doctor today after my ultrasound. My utereus is about the size of 12 weeks with the fibroid pressing on my bladder. I have always had heavy bleeding and now pain and tenderness. My doctor is going to do a D&C next week to sample the tissue of the utereus and then said a month after that he will do my partial hysterectomy. I am scared because I don't know what to expect. I am also concerned he might have to do a abdominal hysterectomy because of my 3 previous c-sections. They had trouble after one c-section when I had gall bladder surgery because of scar tissue but was able to do it laproscopic. I just don't know what to expect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2009, 06:47 PM
Re: Hysterectomy in 4-6 weeks

Hi Amanda, and

I'm glad to know that your is doing tests to make sure to have all the information needed to make the best possible decision for you. It sounds like you have some time to ask good questions and gather some information.

HysterSisters is a great place for support. The women here are so supportive and encouraging and will share their experiences to help you along your journey. When I was preparing for my hysterectomy (I also had a fibroid), I was so grateful to have women here who really understood what I was going through.

You may want to visit our Pre-Op Resources page. If you scroll down, you'll find tons of helpful articles, including some about how an abdominal hysterectomy compares to a c-section.

Meanwhile, feel free to ask us whatever questions you have. I'm glad you found us.

I'm sending you big
Unread 05-14-2009, 12:09 PM

D&C scheduled for May 22, 2009. So my hysterectomy will probably be around the end of June.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-14-2009, 12:47 PM

what kind of hysterectomy is he planning on doing? i had the lsh after 2 sections and other abdominal surgeries and had no problem at all. i had just my uterus removed..kept my cervix and ovaries. i feel fantastic and i'm so glad i was able to have my surgery this way
Unread 05-14-2009, 12:52 PM

Not sure yet. He did say he would be leaving my ovaries because of my age. Since he just told me the plans Wednesday we haven't gone into great detail yet. We are going to discuss everything when I have my follow up for my D&C. Is it better to keep the cervix?
Unread 05-14-2009, 01:13 PM

i wanted to keep my cervix and ovaries but i dont know that its better. i just felt strongly about keeping what was healthy and i did not want a vaginal cuff or the extra recovery time. try to do lots of research on the different types of hysterectomies so when you talk to your dr about it, you understand what he's saying and you can let him know your wishes.
Unread 05-14-2009, 02:45 PM

My TLH/BOS is on the 29th I am so confused about all these things vaginal cuff etc. I was not given the choice to keep my cervix or not. I was told I could keep my ovaries but she did not reccommend it because of my history. Where do i find info about these things?
Unread 05-14-2009, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alilkiss View Post
My TLH/BOS is on the 29th I am so confused about all these things vaginal cuff etc. I was not given the choice to keep my cervix or not. I was told I could keep my ovaries but she did not reccommend it because of my history. Where do i find info about these things?
what is the reason for your hysterectomy and ovary removal? is your cervix healthy (normal paps?)?
Unread 05-14-2009, 03:15 PM

I have had horrible periods since age 12. I had two natural births and then stuff really started going wrong. I have had numerous abnormal paps and then I had a failed NOVASURE proceedure in October by January I was bleeding heavier than I was before. Dr. diagnosed me with adnomyosis and PCOS.
Unread 05-14-2009, 09:07 PM

Hi everyone! I am new here so bear with me. I am having a LAVH on 6/17/09. I have PCOS and fibroids. I have had no children despite years of trying almost everthing except IVF. I am 37 years old and I am so sad right now I can barly type through my tears. I feel this overwelhming sense of loss. I guess I just need to relax and share with women who have had this experiance and are stronger now because of it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register