Nervous | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-19-2006, 03:32 AM
Nervous

Hello all, new here and hope that I don't mess up somehow. Scheduled for surgery on Monday the 20th and very nervous. I am 32 years old and I was just told that I have cervical cancer and am having a hysterectomy Monday morning. A lot of questions you may ask I don't know the answer too. I had orginally been scheduled for a thermal ablation due to cycle problems but had an abnormal pap. The doc didn't seem to think there was anything to be worried with but when the pap results came back it showed mild abnormalites. The insurance company wouldn't cover the first procedure till after the biopsy results. Due to it being mild abnormalities the doc wasn't concerned, yet when the results came back on Wednesday he called me telling me it was stage 2 carcinoma and that instead of the ablation we are going with a hysterectomy. I have gone through many different emotions so far but right now feel very nervous and detached. I don't know what to expect. I am worried and scared. Just wanted to find others out there who have been or are going through this also. Look forward to meeting all of you...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2006, 06:50 AM
Nervous

I'm sure that you are going through a wild range of emotions right now. This is a wonderful place to find lots who can relate and offer you info and support S

There's a forum called "Cancer Concerns " here where the ladies are wonderful with sharing their experiences, info and lots of support. They really can relate having been there or being there themselves. If you'd like to try it click here .

Best wishes, I'll be praying that all goes well for you.

Unread 02-19-2006, 07:04 AM
Nervous

I am so sorry that this is happening in your life. I just found out on Valentines that I had endo cancer which hopefully was eradicated with my hystero. I know the feeling of being detached, it is very life changing to hear the big C word fo your own body. I wish you a quick recovery . My prayers are with you- lots of hugs and keep posting expressing all your emotions going through this- it helps others so much and yourself also. Hugs and prayers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2006, 11:44 AM
Nervous

Thank you both so very mcuh! I will check out the Cancer Concerns forum. Thank you for telling me about it.. I have been looking a forum for a couple of days now and it isn't the easiest to find.. Was looking at Google under Cancer and most of the forums you have to request to join and I still don't have an approval email, was very happy to find this site.

Wow you found out on Valentine's day, I found out the day after. Yes, I feel as though my world stopped at 5:30 on Feb 15th. I have been in some sort of daze since.. And seeing as I am less than 24 hours away from surgery it seems to be getting worse.

I have family coming in from out of state and must get ready for them. Thank you so much for the welcome and I am so thankful to have found you all. I will post again soon!
Unread 02-19-2006, 01:06 PM
Nervous

I will be thinking of you tomorrow and hoping for the best possible outcome. No matter what keep on posting. That is great that you have family coming to help out.Remember we are sisters!Hugs and prayers-
Unread 02-19-2006, 02:34 PM
Nervous

Pooh,

Is a gynecologic oncologist performing your surgery?
Unread 02-19-2006, 03:20 PM
Nervous

Pooh!! My heart and my prayers are going out strongly for you today and tomorrow. I know you will be okay. I hope you have a good support system of family to pamper you, and if not, let us all know what we can do here. God Bless you. Linda
Unread 02-19-2006, 05:21 PM
Nervous

Ladies My heart and prayers go out to You also. Just try to focus on the positive. You will be getting rid of the evil in Your body. You will start a new life and hopefully a happy one.
God bless You
Celticd
Unread 02-19-2006, 06:52 PM
Nervous

my dear pooh, my heart goes out to you as you face tomorrow. may God grant you peace and a complete and total recovery.

remember we are all praying for you.

peace
Unread 02-19-2006, 09:37 PM
Nervous

Thank you so much! I wish I had found this site a few days earlier! Yes, I do have a good support system. My family has come in from out of state to be here tomorrow.. I believe they are all leaving to go back home on Tuesday but after that I have a good friend, my significant other and his family aslo to help during the recovery at home. Of course, I will be posting here because it is good to be around others who have been through this.

My gynecologist is doing the surgery. He says that this is all I am going to need based on the biopsy.. but warned me that anything could change, but he wasn't expecting it. I have talked to a few friends who have had family members face the same thing and turned out all they needed was surgery.. so I am praying that is all I will need.

As the time passes I feel more and more nervous, but know that this surgery is needed and I will be just fine. Just scared... So glad I found you all... nice to have support from others who have faced or are facing this also. Thank you for such a warm welcome. This may be the last time I post until after I get home, but I will be back as soon as I can sit at the computer to let you know how it all went. Thank you again!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register