Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 247 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 06-03-2007, 03:18 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Have been out and about this weekend enjoying the glorious sunshine. If any of you have heard of Beth Chatto (plantswoman) we went to her garden near Colchester then on to the beach primarily for D who excelled himself on the dodgems. Feeling a lot happier about my recovery as I have lost some weight. I still experience extreme bouts of tiredness. I am also avoiding picking up heavy objects and still find a heavy hymn book too much to hold in Church. I am impressed how well my scar is healing although it still pullls and hurts sometimes for no reason. I have had some cryo surgery on my wart which is disppearing.I hope everyone is well. I look foward to hearing from you all soon. Bagpuss.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-05-2007, 05:24 AM

Hi Bagpuss, Glad to hear you are doing so well. We have had lots of rain, thunderstorms and hail over the weekend but it is now nice out again. I also especially, with the weather changing still have pulling at my incision. I think this is normal and we will probably have it for a while. Good job on the losing weight. I have been going for the shots in my back so I am still restricted as to what I can do. Frustrating since they don't seem to be working yet. Talk to you soon.

Nanette
Unread 06-05-2007, 07:31 PM

We had tornado warnings this afternoon. That's odd for NH!!! And I sat in my car at lunch and watched an awesome thunderstorm blow over my head. I've found that the weather is causing all kinds of aches and pains these days. I attribute it to my not being quite back in shape yet, but this past weekend I did alot of yardwork and cleaning around the house. Even scrubbed the floor and lugged boxes for a friend who was moving! Other than some swelling around the incision and feeling tired I was okay. Tonight though I'm dealing with a migraine so I"m going to make this short. Hope everyone is feeling okay!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-05-2007, 07:38 PM

Hi Ladies, I went to the dr last week because of so much pain. Well, we changed a few meds and I have been feeling great. I even drove to VA for the first time and no back ache YEAH!. My belly isn't hurting either. I pray it stays this way. I hope all is well with everyone.
Unread 06-05-2007, 08:20 PM

Good for you. I also hope you remain pain-free--God hears and answers prayer! Good health to all.
Unread 06-05-2007, 08:26 PM

Boy I sure hope so myfatherschild.
Unread 06-05-2007, 08:37 PM

Hi Ladies, I have not seen this post so busy for a while.

Madeline, we had thunderstorms on Friday with hail the size of quarters which I have never seen before. People actually said their cars got dented. Then Sat and Sun we had the thunder and no rain. Definitely weird weather.

Hi Theresa, I think it is the change in weather that my incision will hurt a little but I also when I get the shots in my back makes the incision hurt. Definitely a little strange.

Hi Myfatherschild - Glad to hear you are doing well.

I hope everyone has a great evening!
Unread 06-05-2007, 09:12 PM

I think that is definitely strange with your pain. Man when I had my heart attack a nurse injected me with some heparin right near my iniscion and on an angle towards the insicion site. I like to clobber her. I told her about the cut and she still hit me there. I know when the humidity levels go up so does my pain level. So far I haven't had to use any air conditiong yet. I am glad about that becuase now we have the pool running and that will be costly. I cute some grass tonight and now I am getting tired and sore. I did 2 sections of lawn that were about 20 x 40 so it wasn't to big. Have to get my strength up some way. Grandbaby is getting big she grew 7" in two months so she has grown a lot. Well, I better get up off to bed. NIGHT ALL!
Unread 06-06-2007, 06:10 AM

I'm a nurse, and while I'm not offering medical advice, I give heparin shots in the abdomen. You wouldn't want the heparin to migrate to the incision site (ouch!). Patients have rights, and if there's something you're not sure about, be sure to voice your concerns. I have patients refuse meds (such as laxatives, usually nothing serious), and that is their right. You are your own advocate!
Unread 06-06-2007, 07:38 AM

Your not kidding ouch! It surely was not pleasant. With all of my dyas between the heart attack, cardiac cath and hysterectomy, I think that heparin shot did me in. I also had an IV line infltrate and we had to try 8x with different size needles and different places and one finally took. I think it was the heparin causing the problems. Boy talk about being my own advocate this past year was the hardest year ever in my entire life to make sure everything I was doing was right for my health. You really cannot consult with anyone. You just have to get the info and rationalize it all. So far so good with my descisions. (sp)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register