Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 90 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 03-13-2007, 09:48 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

The memorial service for the baseball players and the bus drivers was very touching. There were about 4,000 in attendance. The entire center section of the auditorium was filled with family of the players. You feel soooo bad for them yet there is nothing you can do except to support/listen to them. Anyway they lit 7 candles, one for each of the perished, and told a bit of their life.

The university also thanked the officials from Atlanta, airline officials, and everyone who were there, for their contributions and hospitality to our players while out of our reach.

The players who survived are so banged and bruised, but they hung together and supported each other and the crowd. I was very proud of the young men they have turned into. Their families and communities did a marvelous job raising them. Now the hard part for them starts, going on without their friends/classmates/team members.

Because Bluffton University is a small university (1200 or so) all of the students know each other. The students were there. They have had counselors and other professionals there for them so they to can learn to cope. Lots of tears, lots of talking to their parents and proxy parents (of which I am honored to be one of). A few of the former students came also. Overall these kids are great kids. They are going to be alright. Today they start the process of getting on with their lives.

Well, just thought you might like to know how this all panned out since many of our lady students know that my hystersisters were praying for them. They were suprised that it transcended the US borders! Thank you hystersisters for all of your prayers and support during this trying time. Thank you from our young adults, their families and friends. Thank you to my hystersisters who helped me so that I could help them. You are all truly angels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2007, 09:48 AM

Hi Everyone
Just got back from the dr. I was shaking from the thought of the internal, but I didn't have any pain. Driving was ok too. Actually, the worst part was trying to find pants that didn't hurt swelly belly. Finally, I settled on the black yoga pants. I just act like I'm on my way to the gym. I took tylenol when I got home, mostly from fear of pain from the internal. It was great to drive and have my independence back. The dr. said I'm all healed and I can do whatever I usually do. I don't think I'm ready to have my whole life back, but I'll move ahead a little faster now. Have a great day, everyone!!!
Unread 03-13-2007, 10:03 AM

Babcocks
It must have been so difficult for you and everyone there, to attend the memorial service. It's such a tragedy. I don't even know how everyone can deal with it.
I'm glad you remembered about your thyroid condition. Hope you're feeling better soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2007, 10:18 AM

I am having a much better day today after my attack of the miseries yesterday. Babcocks you were really brave to attend the memorial service. I hope that you got much comfort from it. I think that I'll feel a lot better next week when I have seen my consultant. Hopefully I'll be cleared to do things like swimming and driving. I am scared of having sex with dh. For a long time we have had the pain and bleeding thing. He used to think that I had my period most of the time. It might take us longer than most to get our sex life back. At least I can dream about it.!!! We are planning a weekend away without our 9 year old so maybe then. There are questions I need to ask the doc too. I'm still having pain and taking regular paracetamol. I'm impressed that others are ready to go back to work. I'm still aiming for the first week of April.
Unread 03-13-2007, 10:25 AM

Been awhile since I logged on which is a good sign for me since I'm not in SUCH distress & needy. I was amazed at how many want to go back to work already. I am apprehensive about it mainly because I will have a good day & be rather busy but then be wiped out for the next day or two like I can hardly move. This Thurs. will be 5 weeks - Dr. said I could have longer but I feel like a .... well I have mixed feelings about it. I do have a very physical job-therapist in a nursing home-but still feel in a way that I should be up to it. Part time isn't really an option. Anyway thanks again for listening. I love ya'll. Oh, by the way I haven't had my internal check-up yet but have been to MD every week at least once for one thing or the other (bladder issues/hormones etc.)
Unread 03-13-2007, 10:26 AM

Babcocks thank you for keeping us updated on everything. I just wish it was good and not so sad. I will keep praying for there family's. Have a great day bye!
Unread 03-13-2007, 10:55 AM

Babcocks, you are right, the hardest part begins now when everybody else moves on and the families and friends have to deal with the reality of these loved ones not in their lives anymore.

Bagpuss45: I believe the reason I was looking forward to resuming relations with dh is because I had no health issues before all this. We were not aware of the endometriosis, my periods were as regular as clockwork, all pain was taken care of with ibuprofin, and bleeding was heavy for two days only and then was gone by 4th day. I was very fortunate and had begun experiencing discomfort during sex in the last year but nothing like I've heard described here. I'm amazed at what many women suffer with for years. In January, at followup to December laparoscopy, I asked the dr why I wasn't experiencing any real severe pain when I was loaded with endometriosis, a lot scaring, adhesions, and uterus pulled over and stuck to a mass that was stuck to the right ovary. She said that they don't know but wonder if there is some kind of nerve damage. Who knows, but I think you are right everyone will be healing at different rates and will be ready for resuming activities at various times. I would be hesitant if I had suffered like many have here. I hope you are better soon.
Unread 03-13-2007, 12:27 PM

for the Kappel!!! I truly needed that today! I have to run to get a new keyboard for now it is sticking and I have to keep pushing the letters.....
Thanks again!
Unread 03-13-2007, 12:46 PM

Well the weather here is so nice I opened all the windows and did alot of cleaning. I did not anything I am not a lound to do. It is going to be nicer tomorrow not sure what I am going to do. I would love to take my dogs for a walk but I don't want to get hurt. Well everyone hace a great day.
Unread 03-13-2007, 01:09 PM

Hi Kappel,
Glad to hear your progress is so good. But, why are you going to work so soon?????? Hope you have a very sedentary position to keep at work otherwise you may regret going in before 8 weeks. Everyone I've talked to and know personally advised not going in before 8 weeks. God Bless! Good luck at work.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register