Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007 - Page 11 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007

Unread 11-15-2007, 06:09 AM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007

My TAH was Nov. 8 and I had my third post op BM this morning. The pain was incredible. Funny that the other 2 weren't this painful and I am taking stool softeners and eating a high fiber diet. As for my discharge, it is still small amount of light pink. I think the best advice is to eat healthy and take stoof softeners. I too am loving this site! Great to hear about others' experiences.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2007, 06:15 AM

Mathqueen, I've made a long list of things to ask my Dr next week for my 1st post-op appointment. He told me things about my surgery the day of, but I've forgotten (or never registered!) a lot of what he said! I want to know more about menopause and how to know when I'm there since I won't be having any more periods because of the surgery, and I kept my ovaries. I also want to know what type of follow-up I need over the next years.

Well, good luck with your appt! (And why are you nervous about it??)
Unread 11-15-2007, 06:35 AM

Good morning all
had three very hard bowel movements last night thank you god thought i was gonna explode.My pain is somewhat worse as i switch from narcotic painkiller to ibprohen. Doctor told me to go slower and not do so much.Im having a hard time as im usually in the gym every morning.Also cant stand the way young adults clean house very frustrated want my house cleaned to my standard.Need to just be grateful for the help don't know where id be without him and my friends
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2007, 08:23 AM

I have been feeling pretty good. I have a bad case of diarrhea since last night, so the opposite of alot of people. But I also have the same pain when I urinate at the end as someone else mentioned. I haven't had to take the Oxycodin since Tuesday night now just taking RX aleve as needed, but I do seem to be tired by afternoon. My husband hasn't been home either, but my 2 kids are in the afternoon to help. Good Luck. Hope you all have a good day.
Unread 11-15-2007, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky531
I have been feeling pretty good. I have a bad case of diarrhea since last night, so the opposite of alot of people. But I also have the same pain when I urinate at the end as someone else mentioned. I haven't had to take the Oxycodin since Tuesday night now just taking RX aleve as needed, but I do seem to be tired by afternoon. My husband hasn't been home either, but my 2 kids are in the afternoon to help. Good Luck. Hope you all have a good day.

Hi Lucky
It was me who mentioned the discomfort at the end of peeing, and my Dr rang today to say I needed to pick up antibiotics as I have a urine infection. I'd say get it checked out. Strang...I also had a touch of diarrohea this morning too!
Unread 11-15-2007, 09:34 AM

Hello I had Lap Hyst but was able to leave 1 tube and ovray in on Nov. 9th. I only was in hospital one night left the next morning. I was doing great. The pain is manageable. Except the first BM I had 4 days later. I was in tears. I started taking stool softners twice a day per doctor and drank prune juice but it was bad. I thought I was going to die. Glad thats over. Overall I feel great. I am a week post-op today and just want to clean house and get on with life but my doctor says NO. From the way I feel now I cant imagine it taken af full 6 wks to recover. I do get tired easy but other than that I feel great! O my hurgery was scheduled for 2 hours and it was a 31/2 hour surgery due to so many lesions. Sunds like everyone is having great results so far!!!Yea
Unread 11-15-2007, 09:44 AM

Hey Angels unaware-

I had to laugh after reading your post about the BM. I had a very similar occurrence, on the verge of tears, breaking out in a cold sweat. I'm glad to know I am not the only one. Personally I would love for my husband to experience a bit of this pain so he knows exactly what I am going through. He has been very sweet in helping me out, but would still like him to know.

Susan
TAH/BSO-severe endo, fibroids, pain
Unread 11-15-2007, 12:53 PM

Hi all!

I had my first post-op appointment on Tuesday and had the staples removed. Didn't even know she had started until she was half-way done, so that was no where near as bad as I had feared.

I did too much the past couple of days and found myself feeling almost as bad as the first day post-op. So I slowed way down today and basically did nothing. Feel MUCH better. So I can't urge enough NOT to go too fast too soon! You'll pay for it in the end.

I've had three bm's and fortunately have not had the problems that some here have. I take two Colace at night and that seems to be doing the trick.

I also got my first full night's sleep last night since the surgery and JUST IN TIME! My patience was shot and I really didn't feel like myself at all. But I do feel much better today after finally getting some sleep. I'm still way behind, cause I could fall asleep right now, but at least I'm gettin there.

Take care everybody!
Unread 11-15-2007, 08:43 PM

I drove the first time today. It hurt and I didn't drive too far or too long. My doctor's partner told me it was okay to drive at one week, but I've been reading that most everyone else was told to wait until 2 weeks, so I hope she didn't give me bad advice. My husband doesn't want me to drive again until I hit the 2-week mark because he thinks I'm still too weak. I also made it to Target, if only to pick up a pain prescription, some Advil, and some Aleve. My husband has been working from home because he doesn't think I'm ready to fly solo yet. He is probably right. I told him I would pick up DD from school today and then subsequently fell asleep for 2 hours! Could not wake up for anything. I guess it's a good thing he was home and went to get her. I tried to make it today without any pain pills. My doctor's partner told me I should still be taking them, but I just want to stop taking them as soon as possible. I'm tired of feeling dizzy and looped. The Aleve was a bad mistake because I ended up trying to keep from vomiting and narrowly avoided doing so (that would have hurt!). I guess I'll try Advil tomorrow. I also cooked dinner for the first time. I still feel like I could go to bed at 6:30 even with a nap, although I usually can't fall asleep once I'm in bed because I'm uncomfortable. Getting a little worried because I continue to have night sweats every night and hot flashes during the day. When are my ovaries going to return to normal (or worse yet, what if they don't)? On the bright side, I don't seem to have any bowel issues. I'll count my blessings on that one! Good luck to those of you still battling the BM. I'm rooting for you! Have a great evening everyone!
Unread 11-15-2007, 08:55 PM

Finally got the second catheter out today after two days of bedrest and my bladder sealed almost immediately. The nurses would not let me leave their office until I peed which took gallons of water and about an hour. Now I seem to be peeing almost every hour on the hour but I am sure that is because I have one catheter or another since my November 5th surgery and bladder sling. My main concern now is the last 2 mornings I have waken up in the middle of the night with excruciating headache in the back of my skull and my nose is dry and I have blood when I blow my nose. I had my blood pressure taken at the doctor's office and it was 132/82. I have taken blood pressure medicine for 3 years and I found out then because of the same headaches. I will call my family doctor tomorrow.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register