Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007 - Page 56 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007

Unread 05-13-2008, 04:38 PM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007

ChefKaren -

I'm not familiar with the injections you're receiving, however, it's not uncommon for us to have aching joints as a menopausal symptom. I've found that the chiropractor has helped to reduce these joint aches substantially. (I originally saw him for neck and shoulder pain but am enjoying this side benefit).

Also, I'm finding that the more active I am the better I feel.
Wishing you all the best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-13-2008, 05:58 PM

CAmich: Hope this surgery makes things a lot better for you. Here's to speedy healing and finally being better than before surgery! I'll send some prayers and big hugs your way for this!
Jo
Unread 05-21-2008, 06:25 PM

Thanks for the kind thoughts, everyone.

I signed the consents today (gee whiz, at this point, they might as well just keep my signature on file . Maybe they could just get a rubber stamp and I could phone in my consent). I was so depressed thinking about doing this again for a third time, I drowned my sorrows in a giant chocolate muffin and a Venti Starbuck's Vanilla Latte.

Two more weeks to go and then hopefully I will join the rest of you ladies who have recovered so nicely and feel fantastic!

jmary56, how are doing lately? I think about you often and wonder if you are feeling/doing any better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2008, 06:38 PM

Hey CAmich.....I'm sorry you have to go through more surgery....thanks for asking about me...I'm coping but not feeling well yet...Urologist has me on Vesicare for an overactive bladder and it's giving me headaches...it is helping slightly but I'm still peeing all the time. He says I need surgery for the stress incontinence and thinks it will fix things for me....I'm not looking forward to more surgery but at this point if I could feel better I'll do it. What kind of surgery are you having? I probably have read it before but my memory is terrible and the headaches are giving me a rough time. So I see the urologist on Friday and hope he has some help for these headaches.
Take care....and I think a giant chocolate muffin is a great idea!
Unread 05-21-2008, 09:26 PM

9 out of 10 hystersisters recommend Starbucks therapy! Good luck.
Unread 05-22-2008, 12:27 PM

jmary, I am so sorry to hear that you are still having problems and may need another surgery. I really hoped things had turned around for you. Headaches on top of that too! Definitely a lot to deal with isn't it? I'm having laparoscopic surgery. It's supposed to be for lysis of adhesions and removal of endometriosis, but I'm convinced it's not going to be that simple -- it is never as simple as he (doctor) thinks it's going to be. You would think he would have learned that by now. If it comes down to another surgery for you, I wish you well. I hope does make you feel better.

MarrG, thanks. I guess I'll continue my therapy then.
Unread 05-24-2008, 07:46 AM

I saw the urologist yesterday and he is recommending a TVT procedure for my stress incontinence. I'd love to get away from wearing a pad and he is saying that it could help with some other symptoms I'm having. It's minimally invasive and I will be out the same day! Sounds good but I'm doing my own research to check it out. I'm still dealing with painful intercourse...I'm worried that nobody can help with that!
CAmich....I pray that all goes well for you and the surgery is successful! You deserve to have a speedy recovery and no more pain! Here's to healing!
Unread 05-27-2008, 10:13 AM

Jmary56, I have heard of the TVT procedure. My OB/GYN doctor is also a urogynecologist and he gave a seminar at the hospital just last week on all of the "latest and the greatest" in treatment options for urinary incontinence. I wish I had gone now! I was afraid if I went, considering that isn't one of my issues, I might look like a stalker. As is, he sees me every other week for appointments. I'm sure he doesn't want to find me sitting in the audience evenings too! But I do wish I had gone now because then I would have some information for you. It would be nice if they could find a minimally invasive way to help you. Thanks for your kind wishes. I wish the same for you!
Unread 06-18-2008, 06:06 PM
Unhappy - Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007

Well, how is everyone doing?

I had my laparoscopy for lysis on adhesions on 06/06/08. I had severe adhesions on my intestines, bladder, ovaries, pelvic walls, and just about everywhere else. My doctor took care of them all and told my husband I was cured. I'll believe that when I see it! Seems too good to be true!

But, talk about a road less travelled...I ended up in the ER 9 days after the laparoscopy with a kidney stone! What a horrible Father's Day! Now to top it all off, I just got back from an appointment with a urologist, to find out that not only do I have the symptomatic stone on the left, I also apparently have stones on the right side as well. And, I also apparently have some sort of calcified veins in the pelvis. Now I have to go in for some sort of CT with and without contrast in 2 weeks. And, if the stone doesn't come out by 2 weeks, I get to have yet another procedure done! I'm sick of procedures!!! Gee whiz, I've done 3 surgeries in 13 months and now they are proposing another! Oh how I hope those stones come out! I'm not even 2 weeks out from the laparoscopy and I'm supposed to consider going back under anesthesia for another procedure! Don't think so!

I sure hope everyone else is doing well. Tell me the rest of you are having a better time of it!
Unread 06-18-2008, 06:35 PM

CAmich - glad the laparoscopic surgery went well..I'm so sorry you're facing more problems. I hope that you get the rest you need and don't have any more bouts of pain from the kidney stones. I'll pray that things improve for you. You deserve to feel better!
I'll be having the TVT procedure July 7th and he said he could have a good look around to see what is causing my pain. My thyroid is acting up and my blood pressure is too high....so I'm fighting to find good health...it will come....eventually. Take it easy and say goodbye to those adhesions!
Sending you big hugs,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register