pre-surgery jitters | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

pre-surgery jitters pre-surgery jitters

Unread 10-05-2003, 06:35 AM
pre-surgery jitters

Hi,
I've got three days to surgery.

I'm literally starting to lose it.I know that this is the best thing, it's what I need and wanted. But, I'm having death issues(feelings that I'll never return), anxiety, and cleaning the house like a madwoman. I came to you ladies because ya'll are the only ones that can relate. All my friends and relatives are supportive but yet I don't think they truly understand. I will have lots of help but still can't shake the pre-surgery jitters. Thank you all for listening, I just need to vent to someone who actually understood.

princessdi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2003, 06:59 AM
Jitters

I just had a vaginal hysterectomy on October 2. I felt no pain. You have to havefaith in your doctor that he/she will do the best job possible.

I was hooked up to an IV and wheeled into surgery. When I woke up I was in my hospital bed. No pain. Had a caitheter and and IV as I was dehydrated.

Was provided with percoset for some of the pain. I entered the hospital on October 2 and came home the next day Friday evening. This was my own choice as I felt that I would get better at home with my family caring for me.

Please don't be scared. You can ask the doctor to give you some ativan if you really feel like you're going to flip out before surgery. It was not bad and I am doing just great. I was all worked up over nothing.

Take care of yourself and have faith!
Unread 10-05-2003, 07:31 AM
pre-surgery jitters

Princessdi~

What you are feeling is SO normal...I think we all go through it. I had so many things going on the last few days before my surgery that I felt so overwhelmed, but it also made the time go by. BY the morning of my surgery, I was so tired of worrying, cleaning, and obsessing that I was plain wore out!! I was ready to relax and get it all done. And I have no regrets at all!!

It really be ok, and we'll all be here for you on the better side!

Soon you'll be and !!

You'll be in our thoughts,

Carol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2003, 07:51 AM
pre-surgery jitters

princessdi,

Carol is right...what you're feeling is normal and we all go through it.

You need to remember, though, to take some time for YOU. Hang up the Superwoman cape and go do something fun that will relax you....even if it's just locking yourself in the bathroom for a long leisurely bubble bath with a book and a glass of wine. I had my relaxing evening all planned for the night before my castle visit....and spent it in the ER with my 19 yo DS, who was having stomach pains

I won't tell you to relax, but just remember....you're almost there You have all of us waiting here with open arms to welcome you to the better side.

s
Cat
Unread 10-05-2003, 12:22 PM
pre-surgery jitters

You would die laughing if you read my post before I had my surgery.

The girls are right, what you are going through right now is so normal, don't beat yourself up for your feelings. Do what I did rent a good chick flick and have a good cry, it will make you feel better.

Let us know how you are doing, it really is better on this side of life.

s

Donna
Unread 10-05-2003, 06:26 PM
pre-surgery jitters

Thank you Ladies so much,!

My mother in law came today and I beleive that all is going to fall in place. You are all so very kind. Thank you, Thank You, Thank You! I knew I could count on you for moral support.

I am taking your advice, Tuesday night is a planned bath night with all the pampering fixings.

Thanks again,
princessdi

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register