Brand of Applesauce | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Brand of Applesauce Brand of Applesauce

Unread 08-20-2007, 08:24 PM
Brand of Applesauce

Hi all, I am preparing my home for when I return from the castle. Couple of weeks ago I read that applesauce was "helpful" post op, and a specific brand was recommended. Can anyone tell me what that was, as I cannot find the post again.

Any other wild and crazy hints are welcome as well ! ! !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2007, 09:34 PM
Brand of Applesauce

Hi,

You might want to check out this link to Hints for your hysterectomy .

I'm sorry I don't know what the brand is that you are looking for. Maybe someone will be along soon who knows.

s and Best Wishes,
Kay
Unread 08-20-2007, 09:39 PM
Brand of Applesauce

I went to the department store and got a trial size of my favorite perfume for the hospital room. Once I could stand the smell I enjoyed feeling girly and feminine. I also bought one of the grabber things. i think my husband used it more than me - it is still a favorite tool in the house for picking up stuff that falls behind the dryer or under the car. I packed a very small bag to hang on my rails on the bed so i didn't have to reach far for my favorite things. I had chapstick (Mary Kay lip moisturiser - FABU!!), a deck of cards, my cell phone and charger, pen, cute thank you cards, and a book to read.

For home i had a small tummy pillow that went everywhere, black stretchy yoga pants, jammie pants that were too big for my swollen tummy, popsicles, and flavored waters.

before my surgery i pampered myself with a fabulous manicure and pedicure. My foot technician painted designs on my toes to cheer me and for good luck. All my drs and nurses commented on my "cute" toes.

hope this helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2007, 09:47 PM
Brand of Applesauce

It really doesn't matter what brand apple sauce you use, but the poster did mention the chunky kind. All apple sauce has pectin in it, which works to even out your BM. it can smooth the Hard ones and tighten up the loose ones and give them something to form around. I prefer to choose a type with no added sugar. but that's a personal preference. HTH Kitty
Unread 08-20-2007, 09:53 PM
Brand of Applesauce

One other thing you might want is some peppermint tea......it works good for the gas.
Unread 08-21-2007, 06:33 AM
Brand of Applesauce

Hey I just found the post about applesauce. It's called White House Apple sauce.

I just might try and find some myself.

Steph
Unread 08-22-2007, 08:51 PM
Brand of Applesauce

Yea.......... thanks Steph, you found it ! ! !
Good tips, I like the peppermint tea idea, and I will get chunky applesauce for the feeling of getting more fiber............Did pick up the grabber, and trying to learn to use it. Figured I would need as I can be a klutz! ! ! Appreciate all the support here, it is a really great forum.
Unread 08-22-2007, 10:31 PM
Brand of Applesauce

The applesauce was helpful to take the pain meds. It helped if you have problems swallowing and also put something in your stomache with the meds.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register