My surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-17-2005, 05:02 PM
My surgery

I'm scheduled for a TVH on May 2nd. I'm NOT looking forward to it. I will also have a Cystocele and Rectocele repair. I've been trying to find people who have gone through this, but haven't been able to find someone. My Doc can't guarantee I won't be cut, or have my ovaries removed. This leaves me more anxious. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2005, 07:35 PM
My surgery

I had a TVH and Cystocele repair and everything went very well and I had a nice recovery.Not alot of pain.I didn't really want my ovaries taken but left it in the Dr.s judgement and he did remove them.I'm 54 and had already gone through menopause without HRT and so far I have not needed any and hope it stays that way.Just keep reading this website until your surgery,I found it very comforting and informative and eased my fears.Good luck!
Unread 04-18-2005, 07:19 AM
My surgery

My MIL has had rectocele and cystocele repairs. My advice is LISTEN to your Dr.'s instructions. She had to have them 3 of them in 4 yrs the first two were a yr apart and then she skipped a yr (though she needed it again) and had it done again in the forth year.

Here are some of the reason's: poor tissue so they wouldn't hold. Her surgeon explained to her women who are not sexually active for long periods of time often don't have good tissue for the repair. That orgasms help strengthen the tissue. She had been divorced some 10 yrs with relationships here and there but nothing long term or for sometime.

Lastly she would not follow his instructions. She lives alone so she would start sweeping and mopping and going up and down steps in a matter of days instead of letting any one help her. LISTEN to your Dr. !!!!!!

Hopefully this is the last time she needs surgery, I'm pretty sure it is the last time she will do it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2005, 12:19 PM
My surgery

I am so sorry you are facing surgery at this time.

Part of the anxiousness (at least for me) is some of what you are feeling too -- the fact that they won't really know everything that's going on until they actually "get in there".

I hope that as you continue to get support here and elsewhere you'll see that you're not alone in your struggle.

to you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register