No Sex Drive! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

No Sex Drive! No Sex Drive!

Unread 11-15-2004, 01:10 AM
No Sex Drive!

Why is this happining to me? I was not the sexiest person to begin with... but now after hyst,I feel like a flake. My husband probley would like to scoop me up like a flake and toss me to the side. I try but nothing happens. Things were much better than this! What happened? I am not sorry about my Hyst but sex is not fun anymore! I know someone has to have an answer? Help!
Brenda
Ps...I have tried the new heated gels. (what a disapointment)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2004, 06:06 AM
No Sex Drive!

Hi Brenda:

I feel for you. My sex drive left me a few months ago.

Are you on any HRT? I can't because of breast cancer in my family and endo.

If you are not on HRT, like me, I think it is because we don't have any hormones left. I used to enjoy sex very much, now I could care less. My husband has been struggling with this. He does not understand what I am going through.

I hope someone has some answers for us

Diane
Unread 11-15-2004, 07:19 AM
No Sex Drive!

Sisters:

If sex is just "no fun" any more then your gyn should be willing to help you address that. Please have a frank discussion with your gyn or even your family doctor if you need a referral. If your gyn dismisses your very valid concern, then seek a 2nd opinion.

It is perfectly natural to want to enjoy your sex life with your spouse and your concerns should be treated with respect.

Here's hoping you'll have something to about soon!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2004, 07:42 AM
No Sex Drive!

it ws that way for me .

Thankfully DH doesnt fuss .

I have been in and out of hospital this year and after the BSO in september i have no drive at all .

I cant even start HRT becaue I need to let the endo which sucked my life dry out first

mei
Unread 11-15-2004, 07:45 AM
No Sex Drive!

i know the feeling.. i had a hyst done last year and sex is no good anymore!
it either hurts or i just never want it... i try not to tell my hubby,but he know's..thank god he's understaning.. talk to your Dr. i have the same problems alot of gals on here have i cannot take HRT due to Endo,but i have read that it can help in that area!!
Good Luck to you! hang in there
Unread 11-16-2004, 12:30 PM
No Sex Drive!

I'm 3 mos post op today and its not like it used to be, i feel like i did before i started my hormones this time last year. I never felt like being "touched" no desire, felt like a unisex, etc...ya know? she tried me on cenestin and then estrotest. that seemed to help some, but for those of you who can't take it? how about working on natural products? i hear of others talking about working with natural products and pharmacists, etc. Ask your dr., don't take no for an answer. I'm getting somewhat better and know that the big "O" is around the corner somewhere, at least I enjoy the intercourse and am not dry. I'm using a lubricant and its not painful, so at least there's that. I try to be thankful and I reminded my dear H that we have had 24 yrs of GREAT sex and he will just have to be a little patient and be thankful he can achieve the "O"! It is so much better when we are mutually satisfied, though, so I offer each of you my prayers that your cries will be heard and you will seek advice from a professional. Hang in there...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register