Husband problems, already! 1 week postop - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Husband problems, already!  1 week postop Husband problems, already! 1 week postop

Unread 11-22-2004, 03:19 PM
Husband problems, already! 1 week postop

I told my husband that I bought some Mary kay on Saturday night because I felt like I needed to make myself beutiful after I heal I did not spend alot but I am a stay at home mom and it is all "his" money he freaked out on me today... I am loosing my patience with him and I told him I am tired of his S*** I dont appreciate being treated like a 2 year old and told that I need to ask him when I spend money... ***!!!! I said you can not even take care of this house and you have the audacity to act like I dont earn money or my worth around here. I told you that you did not have to do laundry dishes and all the things I do every day becasue you cant handle it it is TOO much for you. but you continually treat me with no respect. I can not l;ive like this and if it continues I will have to leave. I am so upset..... what an ***!!!!
any way thanks again ladies I appreciate the ears... it feels good to vent!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-22-2004, 05:27 PM

The first night I was home from the castle, we had a row. He volunteered to take care of me. It is just me, a dog, a puppy and him.

So far, he has worked everyday, come home late and does not complete requests. Maybe it is the ADHD? He began yelling at me and I yelled right back.
This is not good for heeling. He is stressed and wound so tight. Once again, I can affirm that men are not capable of dealing with everything a woman has to deal with. He was yelling at me from the other rooms (where is the coffee, TP etc) and I just did not yell back, could not have actually.)

Much more pleasant here alone at the time. Make certain you enjoy your time getting better.
Unread 11-22-2004, 05:29 PM

Also, today he wanted an "atta boy" for cleaning up the kitchen. ***? Do I get them for all of the clean laundry?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-22-2004, 09:48 PM

My first week post-op was heaven. I made a comment that the plants needed watering, DS watered. Then said the house needed dusting, DS told DH that he watered so DH had to dust. They cooked and cleaned and totally pampered me. That was the first time I've been able to get them to help me without yelling at them. DH had a heart attack and died one week to the day after my surgery. Dealing with surgery and death makes one think. Surgery is a scary thing for all, but I realized that not having DH around is far worse than fighting with him. Just love the DH and realize that things are different for him also. It hurts the family to see mom hurting.
Unread 11-22-2004, 10:00 PM

Levisgal:

I am so sorry to hear about your loss.

I do not know you, but I am sitting here crying for you, and for myself... I need to remember how precious life is, how quickly it can be taken from you...we all need to remember that.. and enjoy who and what we have, while we have it.

I am so glad that your DH was soooo good to you after surgery, and that those are the memories you have ..

My words are inadequate to express my feelings...

Michele
Unread 11-23-2004, 08:11 AM

(((((Levisgal)))))--I echo Shell84's expression of sorrow for your loss. I cannot imagine losing your DH.

I've been reading this thread for a few days feeling sad for the struggling marriages, conflict, hurt. I think Shell84 summed up what I hope and desire for all these hurting couples--that there would be recognition that life is precious and tomorrow is not guaranteed, and that somehow there would be the ability to forgive, find joy in each other, and celebrate love each day.

Quote:
Originally posted by Shell84
Levisgal:

I am so sorry to hear about your loss.

I do not know you, but I am sitting here crying for you, and for myself... I need to remember how precious life is, how quickly it can be taken from you...we all need to remember that.. and enjoy who and what we have, while we have it.

I am so glad that your DH was soooo good to you after surgery, and that those are the memories you have ..

My words are inadequate to express my feelings...

Michele
Unread 11-23-2004, 11:13 AM

this is for ccgolf919

i know i'm pretty late with a response to your subject, but that's because i haven't really felt like moving too much. i am postop since 11/8/04. you are pretty amazing doing so much my belly still aches. i have three children and my husband forbids me to do anything . although i have sometimes you know us it's just not right unless we do it ourselves but do take it easy i hope you are enjoying your vacation and doing absolutely nothing but reading your trashy novels and enjoying the sunshine.
Unread 11-23-2004, 01:40 PM

ok two days of sleep from drugs and I feel better throat still hurts and is raw but I feel better. I sure as heck aint telling my husband though. I still have snot and fleghm and getting it out is so easy casue of the drugs I was given but I feel better. I am going to spend the rest of the day in bed even though I feel better!!! any way I am sorry to hear of the lady who lost her husband. My husband kills me sometimes, but I would miss him severly if something happened to him, I know he does more around here than I make out like he does becasue when he deploys I have to do more than normal. any way my sympaties for that lady really!!
Unread 12-01-2004, 10:13 AM

Hi Ladytia,
Well, I'm now 2 1/2 weeks into "recovery" and seem to be hurting almost as bad as day 4!

Last night was yet another blow up. I'm trying SO hard to "let the small stuff go ... it's all small stuff", but his insensitivity still gets to me. It was put up the Christmas tree time, and his son (24) came over to help. I was just supposed to be the "director". Well, everything I asked them to do, move, change, all I got was griping. I finally ended up doing some of it myself, pushing tables into place, etc. So, of course, I'm paying for it this morning. (And, of course, he's in on his computer sending email jokes around the world).

I thought it was so sweet of him to take vacation time to help me, but now I almost wish he'd just go back to work. All he does is sit on the $%^% computer all day and I have to ASK for anything I need. And then I get grief.

The "thanks honey for all you do" approach doesn't work with this guy. At least with the *****ing I eventually get things taken care of, but the stress level in the house is HIGH.

Claudia
Unread 12-01-2004, 12:41 PM

I remember my mom taking one week off work when I had my son. She spent the whole week (early Dec) shopping, going to lunch with friends and other fun things outside the house. Meanwhile, while I was staying at her house, I not only had a newborn, but had to clean up constantly, as it was her home, not mine. I left after three weeks, because I realized I could take better care of myself, alone, than with her there.

Maybe it's time to tell hubby to go back to work. You appreciate all his "help" but you will continue your healing on your own. I think with him outside the house, you'll have more rest and relaxation.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register