I'm Home.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 08-28-2001, 04:44 AM
I'm Home....

Hey all, I'm back and 5 lbs heavier and with a whole new set of issues. This second opinion thing...My Dr called yesterday and they finally received all of my slides now this was after the lab sent the wrong ones ! *punch* Ok so now I am set back a few days. My nurse asked me if I was sure I wanted a second reading by the Oncologist. Reason being that my slides were read at two different facilities, and that the readings have all gone from bad to worse I really didn't know what to say. She said she would talk to the Dr and see what he thought. My brain is spinning I am ready to :explode: !!!!!! I really thought that a second opinion was the way to go, my slides were read in California and Pittsburgh with the same results. So I would assume that this would be a third opinion???? Need Input please! Now the next issue, I have read the hyster recovery posts and stories and from what I am reading recovery is a year??? 12 weeks to return to "normal" and "sexual" activities. I am getting married in May, right now I am 8 months away 12 weeks recovery would put me 5 months away if the surgery was to happen now. I still have so much to do. My health is so important I know, but so is my honeymoon if you know what I mean I have never had a wedding before, no wedding gown, no church, this is important to me as well. I am stressing myself out, and the emotions are flying. My dh to be is calm and keeps telling me not to worry that it will all fall into place. I only wish I could be that confident. I try real hard to smile everyday even when I dont feel like it, and if I need to cry I do that too. Someone please help me out here!!!! You have all been through it, I'm getting ready to. Thanks! Big hugs and a double squeeze!

Terri
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2001, 06:00 AM
I'm Home....

Terri , this is such an awful thing to be facing just before your wedding. Of course the wedding would be important to you, it is a major life event, but your DH to be is right , somehow every thing will fall into place. You will make a lovely bride

As for the Drs opinion... it is so important to make an informed decision , so it is best if you speak to a trusted Dr about all these results.

Full recovery from a hysterectomy , can take up to a year ( or so I have read) I am one year today and I feel fine. For the first 6 to 8 weeks it is important to rest and not to do any heavy lifting or housework . This enables all those internal stitches to heal. As for sex... I waited for about 9 weeks because I wasnt healing inside. The usual wait I think is 8 weeks.

It is good to smile everyday but also good that you can cry if you need to. It lets out all those fears and concerns. This is an emotional time at best and even more so when cancer is involved. Please remember that we are always here for you , to give you support and our love x x
Unread 08-28-2001, 08:16 AM
I'm Home....

Robyn gave you all the info and I don't really think there is much more to add. I did want to remind you that we all are here for you! This is an important decision so you must get all the info you can to make the best decision for you! Best of Luck!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2001, 03:51 PM
I'm Home....

Hi Terri!!

Its important that you get as many opinions as you need to feel comfortable with the decision that you ultimately make. And if that means getting a third than so be it. Its your body and your health, and you are entitled to the best of care.

Sounds like you have a wonderful guy there!!
And you will have a wonderful wedding and honeymoon. May is a ways off yet, and I am sure you will be fine by then. Call in the troops to help out with plans and preparation if need be Terri. People love to help with wedding planning!!! Thats what friends and family are for!!

All the best, keep us posted on the slide results when you can.
Hugs,
Maria

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register