I have a question...re: frequency? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I have a question...re:  frequency? I have a question...re: frequency?

Unread 04-14-2003, 07:46 AM
I have a question...re: frequency?

Hello Sisters...

Here's a question that I've never even thought to ask my 's (can't believe I missed it) -

How many times a day is the "norm" or "average" a woman should urinate?

I'm seeing the Uro tomorrow for follow-up for the IC. I'd have to say I've noticed improvement of symptoms some days (and nights) to be about 50% since beginning the meds 2/20. Remember, I had the wrong med for the 1st 5 or so weeks after the IC diagnosis so I've only been on the right one just shy of 2 months. I remember the Uro telling me it could take up to 3 months to notice relief. So given that, I think I'm doing pretty well! I still have the frequency issue....even with the Detrol LA.

I was just curious.....

Thanks!!

Lori s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2003, 08:44 AM

Hi Lori:

I think there is some information on normal frequency on the website for Detrol LA

www.detrolla.com

I well remember when I was going every 30 minutes during the day and 3-4 times a night. First I was on the 4mg (and it worked almost immediately) and then backed down to 2mg a month later (due to side effects). Another month later I was able to stop taking the 2mg. Apparently my bladder "reset" (a quote from my doc) and I am no longer on the meds and am back to going every 3-4 hours during the day and only once at night. I am very thankful for this.

Oh, and on the website are some dietary suggestions .... foods to avoid that might irritate your bladder. I found that very helpful. Maybe a combination of the right diet and the medicine will help with the frequency... or maybe you are already doing that?

Take care!
Unread 04-14-2003, 04:40 PM

Lori,
I'm not sure what is considered normal, but I do have a suggestion for you. It may be a bit late for this doc appt, but you may want to start keeping a bladder diary. Take note of your intake and than when and how much comes out. That was one of the first things the uro-gyn I saw had me do. I was just thinking that it might be useful for your follow up visits.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2003, 07:25 PM

Lori, I know that I used to know what was normal... but I can't remember. However, I do know that it takes a lot for doctors to figure that it's not normal: my nephew, then 4 or 5, would urine a few times a day and his parents that as long as he urinated at least twice a day, there was nothing to worry about

You might find more information by visiting the links listed here:

Incontinence, TVT~websites...

Urinary Tract Disorders~website....

Urinary Retention

I agree with ((((Kim)))) that journalling is one great help in identifying what is going on.

Sending tons of s your way and wishing you luck with your doctor's appointment.
Unread 04-23-2003, 05:48 PM
frequency

Lori,

I just read your note (am new here). Do I understand you correctly - you have been diagnosed with IC - interstitial cystitis?
Unread 04-23-2003, 08:40 PM
Yes...

You are correct. IC is Interstitial Cystitis. Several of us here on the road have been diagnosed...

Lori

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register