Any May sisters out there? - Page 11 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any May sisters out there? Any May sisters out there?

Unread 04-26-2007, 07:57 AM
Any May sisters out there?

Violet50
I too have a may 15th castle date. My pre-op is also May 2. Good luck with everthing. I'll be thinking of you and wishing you an uneventful recovery. Hugs to you.
--Patti
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2007, 10:57 AM

i have a question to ask, how many of you ladies were misdiagnosed? i spent three years trying to convince my MALE doctor that i was having female problems and he totally dismissed me and my complaints. but i figured he was the doctor and he knew best. boy am i kicking myself now. but i still have a lot of questions and concerns. i'm just afraid to speak up i geuss. this is where i should have come first three years ago.
Unread 04-26-2007, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdj
i have a question to ask, how many of you ladies were misdiagnosed? i spent three years trying to convince my MALE doctor that i was having female problems and he totally dismissed me and my complaints. but i figured he was the doctor and he knew best. boy am i kicking myself now. but i still have a lot of questions and concerns. i'm just afraid to speak up i geuss. this is where i should have come first three years ago.
Oh man, I went through so many doctors before finally finding one that would actually listen. Lo and behold, she's a woman! LOL I just couldn't seem to convince any of them, especially the men, that all of this bleeding really was interrupting my life. Even after attempting a pap smear and me being too swollen in that area to do it, they still acted as if it was no big deal. I say 2 years of non-stop menses is way long enough!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2007, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMSPrincess76
Oh man, I went through so many doctors before finally finding one that would actually listen. Lo and behold, she's a woman! LOL I just couldn't seem to convince any of them, especially the men, that all of this bleeding really was interrupting my life. Even after attempting a pap smear and me being too swollen in that area to do it, they still acted as if it was no big deal. I say 2 years of non-stop menses is way long enough!!
i was treated for diverticulitis, a sliding hyaital hernia, and was told i had an ulcer that has mysteriously dissappeared mind you. the thing was, i was complaining about pain in my lower abdomen, a week before each cycle and during it. i had enough after they put me to sleep and put a tube down my throat to check things out. i went to a woman doctor who immediatly sent me for an internal ultrasound (in her office) discovered the cysts protruding from my left ovary, removed the iud i had in place for 5 years that was covered in poylps and arranged for me to have the endometriosis removed. that was two years ago. and now my insurance at work changed and i had to find another doctor (this one male) but he was recommended by the woman doc who helped me out in the first place. it's just a lot to have gone through to make it here. but atleast i'm here and almost done with the pain!!! 20 days and counting!!!!
Unread 04-26-2007, 11:53 AM

Im scheduled for a TAH May 1st, May Day! Im excited to get this part of my life over with; its been a rough 40th year for me so far. Started with the discovery of the fibroids, then to a breast biopsy that turned out ok. And now Im just waiting for this chapter to close. Im curious to know if I'll actually feel better since I dont really feel poorly. I wouldnt have even known I have 2 large fibroids if the Dr wouldnt have found them during my annual exam. Im kinda stoic about pain and discomfort, so I probably dont know how terrible I really feel! Im hoping for a disposition improvement if nothing else....
Unread 04-26-2007, 04:12 PM

ann, Just saw your post, what a great idea! Do you have lip balm for yourself? We'll have to check and recheck to see what we have/don't have! And I like the idea of doing something for our now 27 days.
Unread 04-26-2007, 07:48 PM

Oceandancer and Chattally,
Well, since we won't be needing all those paper products . . . are we then becoming environmentialist?
Unread 04-26-2007, 09:06 PM

I'm going in on the 18th - it seems like tomorrow and at the same time, it seems like forever. I work at home and am keeping busy trying to make sure that all my clients' projects are completely finished up so I don't have that to worry about, but I find myself drifting a lot since finding out on Tuesday - I'm hoping I'll settle down a bit and be productive during this waiting period (no pun intended LOL)
Unread 04-27-2007, 06:18 AM

Diverchick, yesterday I allowed myself a cheeseburg from this really cool greasy burger joint called Doogies. I even ate fries!!! Happy day 28

Tonight is a girls night out so I am going to gift myself with a huge margarita!! happy day 27

Next week I am going to use a gift ceritificate I got for my Bday and get a pedicure.

I think this is going to be fun!
Unread 04-27-2007, 06:29 AM

Well I have to say I joined this group for some support and perhaps some positive feed back and helpfull information, but to me this is depressing reading all this stuff, except the previous post. Positive attitude no matter what will bring you through this experience. Just a bump in the road of life!!! Where is the helpful information regarding diet, homeopathic remedies etc?? Is there a Dr. or Nurse who is knowledgeable in hysterectomy out there??

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register