Still Bleeding 9 years later! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Still Bleeding 9 years later! Still Bleeding 9 years later!

Unread 02-15-2020, 05:56 AM
Still Bleeding 9 years later!

Hi In 2011 I had uterus, ovaries and Fallopian tubes out due to severely inflamed uterus, fibroids, and menorrhagia. I have my ovaries.
I have Crohn’s Disease as well.
Since my hysterectomy at age 33, I have had regular episodes of light bleeding, which 2 gynaes pinned down to granulation tissue. They would cauterize it with silver nitrate (and one time laser) and the bleeding would stop for a couple of years. Then I would bleed again and would repeat silver nitrate.
So it’s been about 2-3 years and I started bleeding again and this time a new gynae found a little hole at the vaginal cuff, possibly a fistula from crohns. But it is not granulation tissue.
I wonder if I’ve had a teeny bit of endometriosis this whole time or if this is a fistula. But fistula would usually have oozing from bowel and I only have light bleeding and mild cramping.
Anyone have anything similar happen? Regular bleeding after total ab hysterectomy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2020, 08:18 PM
Re: Still Bleeding 9 years later!

My Cervix uterus and Fallopian tubes were taken out, I meant. I still have my ovaries only.
Unread 04-05-2020, 11:30 PM
Still Bleeding 9 years later!

I am having similar issues. They havent figured out the cause yet but mine is cyclic and feels like a period so I suspect my endometriosis has grown in my vaginal cuff ( I also had my cervic, uterus and fallopian tubes removed). I have suspected IBD as well so my OBGYN chalked my bleeding up to that but it is definitely vaginal and cyclic so I know shes incorrect. She ordered an MRI. Please let me know if you find out the cause and I will do the same.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2020, 03:44 AM

LadyRoni and Ineedabeer--

Hope you both find out what is going on so it can be fixed.
God's blessings and perfect peace
Unread 10-10-2020, 07:53 PM

I am wondering if I have something similar. I had a partial hysterectomy in 2011 and the last 2 months I have had hard cramps and light bleeding and a discharge. My doctor thought it was a kidney stones. Now its the second month of the same and I am nervous. I will be going to the doctor in a few days. I would like to know what's going on.
Unread 11-01-2020, 11:15 AM

I still get cervical periods every month. Had a supracervical hyst. The bleeding right after surgery was scary and I still pass clots. Very disappointing. I've been trying to see a new OBGYN for 10 months now for a silver nitrate treatment. (Covid/moving/ insurance and firing a bad doctor have held things up.) Hopefully you've gotten answers?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register