Let's get fit in 2008...September challenge! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > Hysteritaville General Discussions > Wellness Challenges and Successes!

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Let's get fit in 2008...September challenge! Let's get fit in 2008...September challenge!

Unread 09-02-2008, 09:35 PM
Let's get fit in 2008...September challenge!

hi everyone...time to set some new goals for september. in my case, i just want to maintain what i've been doing. since i've been busy and stressed with my dad in hospital with esophagus cancer, having a gtube installed, then mild heart attack...i continue to concentrate on walking with good posture, sucking my tummy in (lots of walking in hospital corridors from parking garage). i haven't had the time or energy to go to my classes or even work out in my home gym, so this is the best i can do for now. of course, i always eat healthy, usually with one sweet snack or dessert per day.

not that i recommend this, but obviously due to the stress i'm feeling, i have lost 6 lbs. in the last couple of weeks (at least when i've weighed myself in the morning before eating...lol!). if i was smart i would get back to my weight bearing exercises while i have a bit of a headstart, but i find i have to pace myself and conserve my energy for my chores at home (i look after my 82-yr. old f.i.l. and his 2 huge dogs) and for driving to the other side of the city to visit my dad and take him to appts. i will be taking him to radiation every day for 5 weeks, so that will be a challenge.

hope everyone is doing okay...dany hope you're feeling better and your d.h. also. it's for our own good that we try to keep fit whatever way we can (and eat healthy).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-05-2008, 06:12 AM

Hello, nogreatmischief (Colleen),

Nice of you to get us started. I've been too preoccupied by getting back to university to get my exercise in. It's starting to show, alas. My belly is getting puffy-looking again, even though I'm not gaining weight! Grrrrrrr!

I am hoping (this coming week) to establish a better routine for the academic year, because letting the exercise go is not going to be an option. So that is a major September goal: establishing a routine that includes exercise, despite the increasing and often unstable, always demanding workload.

My next goal, depending on my success in the first, is to lose a pound this month. One pound per month is my goal for the next year, in fact. If I can do this, I'll be only 5 pounds over the weight I was when I was first diagnosed with CC and OvCa about 2 1/2 years ago. By golly, it's been a long haul with all these pounds on board my frame!

Nogreat and Dany, I hope things calm down in your lives. My dh and I had to have a very very very long talk about how his life always interferes with mine (too long a story to go into) in negative ways. He "gets it" now, at least temporarily. We had a good weekend of talk a couple of weekends ago, and things are more balanced around here lately.

So I have high hopes for a good month this month, and I wish the same for everyone here, too!
Unread 10-12-2008, 06:26 PM

Nogreatmischief,
Woo hoo on those 6 lbs! My prayers are with you and your father.

Blueheron,
Doesn't time pass quickly? I'm coming up on my two year in a few weeks.

I'm not on hyster as much as I used to be. I tend to only come here when I'm having problems...hmmm...guess that means that I haven't had many problems over the last year!! Yeah!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2008, 09:09 PM

hi speckla ...that's great that you haven't had many problems in the last 2 years...i hope you don't a problem now, but if you do, please feel free to vent. how's your health and fitness...are you back to a good level since your surgery?

blueheron...i'm so sorry, for some reason i missed your last post until just now. are you a student at university or a professor? what are you studying? i can understand how you can be pre-occupied, but do try to get some exercise in, even if it's walking. make sure you make the most out of your walking, ie. good posture and suck in your belly. you've probably been doing lots of walking thru the university! that's been pretty much the extent of my fitness lately, no time for classes.

my dad has been here living with us now for 5 days and the feeding tube is 2nd nature to me now...i have to crush all his meds x2 a day and give them thru a syringe into his feeding tube. he still can't eat or drink anything but the oncologist said it's because the radiation causes his esophagus to swell. hopefully a couple of weeks after finishing tx he will be able to start eating again. he only has about 6 tx left. he'll have to stay on the feeding tube for sometime after that in order to get enough nourishment. i love having him here. i'm busy most of the day now. i've also been busy with my f.i.l. taking him to pre-op appts...hip surgery oct. 27 if they deem him healthy enough (heart issues). my anxiety level has gone way down with having my dad here and not so much driving. still down 6 lbs. because i've been too busy to snack i guess...it will probably come back though...i just bought a jar of the dreaded nutella today...lol!

dany and doglover...hope you're well. i'm going to finish watching desperate housewives now and then i'll start a new thread for october. take care. btw, dany: happy thanksgiving weekend!
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register