anyone out there? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Neighborhoods > HysterSisters in the United States of America > Alaska

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

anyone out there? anyone out there?

Unread 08-06-2006, 06:26 PM
anyone out there?

Hello Alaskan sisters,
Daisy 6, do you know what kind of hysterectomy you are having? I had a LAVH and I was shocked at how quickly I recovered. I was 2 weeks off work. Yes, I wasn't 100% when I went back but I did just fine. Let me know if you have any questions. That's what we're here for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2006, 06:33 PM
anyone out there?

I am having a TAH, keeping my ovaries...thought a little about keeping my cervix, but have decided against it after reading the pros and cons, and I think the final decision that tipped me against keeping it was that I have had dysplasia before, so just better off without I think! Did you keep yours? Overall, I am fairly healthy, not including the fibroids, bleeding, and cramps, but I am, however fairly overweight, so that concerns me about the surgery. I carry the majority of my weight around my mid-drift too, so I have a pretty big tummy already! As far as time off, my doc has told me 6-8 weeks off at least...so, I am prepping people at the office to deal with stuff without me for sure for the first week at least, then after that I figure I would be ok with helping over the phone if needed. I work with a great bunch of folks, so I know they will respect my time away and would only call if necessary; however, I think I might like the distraction from laying around! We will see I guess!!!!!
Unread 08-06-2006, 07:15 PM
anyone out there?

I had everything removed. I was debating keeping one ovary and a few weeks before the surgery I started to "feel" it. The dr. said I'm not supposed to "feel" the ovary so I said, "Take it all." I'm glad I did because when she got in there, the "good" ovary had attached itself to my bowel and was pulling on it. She said she would have had a very hard time saving it. A friend had a hysterectomy about 6 months before I did and her dr. said she should keep the cervix. I mentioned keeping the cervix and my dr. looked really shocked and said, "No, you don't want to do that and end up with cervical cancer." So....that decision was made and I haven't missed it. :-) Do you have the option of having laproscopy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-07-2006, 09:15 AM
anyone out there?

I was told that my fibroids are too big to be done any way other than through my tummy. I was diagnosed almost two years ago and at that time, one of my tumors was 16 week size apparently, plus I had several others. By the time I had my next ultrasound a few months later, the "other" ones had grown a bit, and my uterous had become warped and distorted. This last time I saw my Doc, she said I was about the size of 20 weeks; the tumors are pushing up to my belly button now. Also, when I went in for my pap, she couldnt even see my cervix. It took some serious manipulation plus a few long tools to move things around enough for her to perform the swab!
Unread 08-07-2006, 10:43 AM
anyone out there?

Daisy6,
Just wondering why you need to wait so long to have your surgery? You must be very uncomfortable and it sounds like the fibroids just keep growing. I'll be thinking of you today.
Unread 08-07-2006, 11:03 AM
anyone out there?

Welcome back! how are you doing? Did everything go ok? and how is your recovery going? I have been keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

As for me, when I finally made the decision to take care of this, my worst symptoms were heavy bleeding and bad cramps during my cycle. So, I thought of when I would like to lay around and recover the most; being that summer is so sacred up here in AK, I really didnt want to be "down for the count" during the summer at all! So my next look was at my work calendar, and I have many projects that have to be implemented the first pay cycle of October, so I figured that I could easily wait until then, and just plan to have all the work wrapped up by the last week of September. I think it was at that point that my uterous started revolting to the whole idea of being removed, because I had that worst cramps/pain that I have ever had in my entire life and out of cycle bleeding. The cramps wrapped from my abdomen up and around my right hip and made it just about impossible to walk or sit. This lasted for about 2 hours. I have been able to control the majority of pain with Aleve up until that point, but I am not one to take more than what the bottle says, so I soon after that situation called the triage nurse to tell her everything going on, and she said I could take more. Whew!! Anyway, it hasnt been that bad since then, and I really have so much happening at work, I would have a hard time leaving it and being able to recover knowing that I didnt get it all done. So, I am commited to my work, but I am keeping my doctor informed, and so far she is fine with everything going on, and says as long as I am not bleeding out, this is a good time for me to build my iron levels up too, since last time I was tested I was a bit anemic.
Unread 08-07-2006, 11:42 AM
anyone out there?

Thanks for sharing. Do take care of yourself. If something escalates just remember life will keep going even if you are on the sidelines. I scheduled my hysterectomy far in advance also. Being teachers my husband and I didn't want to be away from the classroom and we felt the home life would be less impacted. So we decided summer was better for us. I wasn't experiencing any pain and just had heavy periods. It was the "unknown" mass that motivated me to have the hysterectomy. Thank God it was only endo and not cancer.
I hope you ge a chance to enjoy the sunshine today. It looks like it is going to be a beautiful day!
Unread 08-09-2006, 06:38 PM
anyone out there?

Here's another Alaskan girl! I am in Anchorage too. I am scheduled for surgery 9/5. I can't wait. Pretty tired of being in pain and feeling crappy all the time. Take care!
Unread 08-18-2006, 07:52 PM
anyone out there?

Hi Alaskan Hyster Sisters!! just a quick hello and *sigh*- its August already!!
hope everyone is well.
nita
Unread 10-07-2006, 08:29 PM
anyone out there?

Well, I had it! ITs over! I am in bed now, hooked up to my laptop...mainly for dvds! The surgery was quicker than expected, and it wen twith out complications, thank goodness! my uterus was "not quite as big as a basketball" according to my dr.!! yikes! and there was some endo in there too I guess...my milestone today was being able to poo. what a gift! and yesterday was my birthday! All is well, just wanted to update the AK crowd.....thanks!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register