Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy Dates Apr 03-Apr 09,2017 - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy Dates Apr 03-Apr 09,2017 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy Dates Apr 03-Apr 09,2017

Unread 04-08-2017, 07:12 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy Dates Apr 03-Apr 09,2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellissimorose View Post
I ate some prunes today and they were my miracle!!! I ate 2. I've not had a BM since before my surgery on Monday until I ate them!!!
Same here! My surgery was Monday and had a BM prior. Was starting to panic about not having a BM since. Ate some prunes yesterday afternoon and finally went last night. I've never been so excited to poop! Hooray for small victories!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2017, 07:47 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy Dates Apr 03-Apr 09,2017

I was scheduled to have a laparoscopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy on Monday also. Once they began my cervix was stuck fast to my bladder so the surgeon decided to do abdominal hysterectomy salphinectomy but left my ovaries. Each time he tried to remove the cervix my bp crashed and anaesthetist advised to to finish up and get out. So I still have half a cervix. Pain was a huge issue so I ended up with a fentanly PCA.
IV, PCA and catheter removed next morning. Up and about since then and home since Thursday

I'm disappointed that I needed the full abdo surgery. I had planned 3weeks off work and now have to have 6 weeks off. I'm a teachers aide and special needs respite carer! To add insult to it all my hubby lost his job on Wednesday. So I need to get back to work
Unread 04-08-2017, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardems View Post
Same here! My surgery was Monday and had a BM prior. Was starting to panic about not having a BM since. Ate some prunes yesterday afternoon and finally went last night. I've never been so excited to poop! Hooray for small victories!!
Yall are making me want to try prunes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2017, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty nester 65 View Post
I was scheduled to have a laparoscopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy on Monday also. Once they began my cervix was stuck fast to my bladder so the surgeon decided to do abdominal hysterectomy salphinectomy but left my ovaries. Each time he tried to remove the cervix my bp crashed and anaesthetist advised to to finish up and get out. So I still have half a cervix. Pain was a huge issue so I ended up with a fentanly PCA.
IV, PCA and catheter removed next morning. Up and about since then and home since Thursday

I'm disappointed that I needed the full abdo surgery. I had planned 3weeks off work and now have to have 6 weeks off. I'm a teachers aide and special needs respite career! To add insult to it all my hubby lost his job on Wednesday. So I need to get back to work
Im sorry that you are having too take additional time off. That must be frustrating. Try not to rush yourself though.
Unread 04-08-2017, 07:57 AM

Day 4 is starting off rough. I almost live in my bed with fatigue and pain. I can tell the min. The pain meds wear off, with every movement I feel like I'm pulling and stretching the stitches to their limit. My hubby and kids have been super helpful which I'm thankful for.
Unread 04-08-2017, 08:21 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy Dates Apr 03-Apr 09,2017

They're Letting me out!!! By the time I leave it will have only been 24 hours after my surgery. But my surgeon says I'm all fine to go home.
Good coz it's beautiful sunny day here in the uk and I've missed it all!
Means tomorrow I can sit in the sunshine.!
Unread 04-08-2017, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagner85 View Post
Day 4 is starting off rough. I almost live in my bed with fatigue and pain. I can tell the min. The pain meds wear off, with every movement I feel like I'm pulling and stretching the stitches to their limit. My hubby and kids have been super helpful which I'm thankful for.
Day 3 was rough on me. It seems like days 3 and 4 are rough on a lot of people. Just rest and stay on top of your meds. Tomorrow is a new day. Today is day 5 for me and I barely need ibuprofen. Feel better!
Unread 04-08-2017, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagner85 View Post
Yall are making me want to try prunes!
They are pretty gross, but definitely worth a shot! Good luck!
Unread 04-08-2017, 08:31 AM

Today has barely started but I'm trying it with no narcotics and only Tylenol and ibuprofen. This is day 6 post op I think as I had mine Monday at 730 AM. The pain is bearable but very uncomfortable. Gas pains bring my to my knees if I'm standing. Very tired this morning. Can't seem to regulate body temp well... I'm either hot or cold and not really finding a middle ground. Debating on whether to go home or stay at my boyfriends for another couple days ....
Unread 04-08-2017, 08:47 AM

Day 5 here. I actually slept all night for the first time! No percocet though. I did 400 me of ibuprofen PM and 400 me of regular ibuprofen. Now I have a horrible headache from sleeping so long and hard. Hopefully today is better than yesterday. I need to go to prepare a deposit at school today or tomorrow. That only takes 15-20 minutes. The bookkeeper had to take her husband to the hospital for his heart unexpectedly. There is nobody else in the building that can do a deposit. At least it doesn't take long.

Still no BM here. I'm tempted to get a laxative to get things moving. I'm pretty sure that's why I feel crappy.

Hope everybody has a low pain day!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register