Fighting with ex husband - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Surviving Parenthood

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fighting with ex husband Fighting with ex husband

Unread 02-08-2004, 04:05 PM
Fighting with ex husband

Another good one is Summer Sisters by Judy Blume. My 10 year old DD just found out how cool Judy Blume is by reading Tales of A 4th Grade Nothing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-09-2004, 01:04 PM
Fighting with ex husband

Oh my gosh how funny my son just did a book report on Tale of a Fourth Grade Nothing! I love Judy Blume I read her when I was a little girl :Are You There God? It's Me Margret and then I just read her lastest little DIRTY housewife book titled HOUSEWIFE you wouldn't expect this from her. I was shocked and will never look at her the same (HA -HA) !
My son is now reading Fudge-A-Mania by Judy Blume and loves it he has the series of her "FUDGE" books. I figure if he has a reading and speech delay and he will read these buy ALL that you can, before he changes his mind!
I have heard of Summer Sisters and told my mom she should read it. Every year her and her sisters go on a Sister's Vacation to anywhere for a week (She is one of 6 kids but only has 3 sisters) The 4 of them have a blast! I'm jealous only because there is a 12 year gap between me and my sister. My brother is autistic and need 24/7 care so it's great when my mom can get away for any amount of time.
Unread 02-09-2004, 04:40 PM
Fighting with ex husband

I loved Are you there God? It's me Margret. It's such a good coming of age book. I'm going to get that one for Megan when she gets her period and needs a good book to read. I think she'd really like it. I was shocked reading Summer Sisters. I'll have to look for Housewife. I like those dirty little books sometimes.

How cool that your mom goes on vacation with her sisters. I only have two younger brothers and would never even consider spending time with them. LOL!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-09-2004, 04:59 PM
Fighting with ex husband

If you like "dirty" little books try DERAILED by James Siegal or PLAYING AWAY by Adele Parks, there's also a series of 3 books by Debra Kent 1) Happily Ever After 2) The Affair 3) The Divorce they were cute and funny.
Unread 02-09-2004, 05:50 PM
Fighting with ex husband

My ex & I divorced when my son was 9 months old. I'm constantly battling with him. Talk to your lawyer about having the therapist speaking on behalf of your son. If you have a good therapist, and they feel it is not in the childs best interest that will care more weight with the courts. Make sure your son has been seening the therapist for at least 6 months on a regular basis. Also, make sure it is your son telling the therapist he doesn't want to spend time with dad. You don't want the courts thinking that you are persuading your son because of your feeling towards dad. My son & I are in this process right now. When I called around looking for a therapist, I said right up front I needed someone that would be willing to go to court to stand up for my son's wishes.

Good luck!! Believe me I know ex's are nightmares!!!

Mishka
Unread 02-09-2004, 06:13 PM
Fighting with ex husband

ThankYou so much for replying to my post! My son was going to a therapist (court order) for about 6 months and my ex's lawyer made him come to court and testify. I'm not sure what their motive was here considering he was saying things like "Yes, he has told me after every visit that he is anger with his bio dad and doesn't want to see him and has yelled at him on several cases" the problem here is that the therapist is VERY non commital. My lawyer asked him several times in a different way if he felt that it would be better if the visitaitons stop and couldn't get a straight answer out of him. In Phoenix it is hard to find a therapist WILLING to go to court, most of them won't period and then there are others that want you to pay them for their time(3 hour min at $200 an hr) I don't have that kind of money on top of my lawyer fees. I do have one of Phoenix's best lawyers and boy howdy is he worth it! VERY EXPENSIVE has been featured on several T.V high profile cases. But, anyway I'd rather spend the money on a GREAT lawyer than a therapist (maybe my priorities are backward).
I have just entered my son in a new school that has a great therapist on the campus and I have talked to his new teacher and we both agree that at anytime we feel that it would be good for him to talk to her to let each other know.
We have to go back to court in April for a follow up hearing and see how things are going. I don't know if you read all of the posts here but my ex's has very limited vistiation now he only has him for 3 then 5 then 7 hours a MONTH! This is less than the state minimum(my lawyer) because of the documentation showing that my son is very resistent to this whole thing. In April they will decided weather or not he can take my son to his house. He lives in a different county an hour and a half away. My mind is screaming NO! I'm a big mess over this whole thing!
Unread 02-09-2004, 06:27 PM
Fighting with ex husband

Have you ever given thought to hiring a lawyer FOR YOUR SON??? Then your son would have his own advocate fighting for his rights - and knowing all the in & outs of the system. He/She would not be your lawyer or the ex's lawyer. The judge would know the lawyer was not playing for the side of one parent or the other.
Unread 02-09-2004, 06:32 PM
Fighting with ex husband

Quote:
Originally posted by Not2Sure
If you like "dirty" little books try DERAILED by James Siegal or PLAYING AWAY by Adele Parks, there's also a series of 3 books by Debra Kent 1) Happily Ever After 2) The Affair 3) The Divorce they were cute and funny.
I'll have to check those out.
Unread 02-09-2004, 06:33 PM
Fighting with ex husband

The lawyer that I have is for my son. My son is only 10 and in Phoenix children are not allowed in court. My son goes with me to all of the meeting and appointments with me and has been in the know since day one.
Unread 02-09-2004, 06:47 PM
Fighting with ex husband

Well, Good luck to you then. I know how very hard this is. My ex took everything we owned, cleaned out the bank account & slid out of town when my daughter was 2. Then said to make sure she had "the best of everything" ....go figure. He never paid a dime of support.
It's so tough for you but please know that there are people who care. I hope your lawyer kicks butt!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register