Breeds? - Page 11 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-19-2007, 02:54 AM
Smile - Breeds? Aussie

My DH and I have a red tri-colored australian shephard named Cosmo (Mo-Mo, Shpooter, and a myriad of other nicknames). He picked us when we were looking for a blue merle aussie. He is delightful and rather smart! He's bigger than we expected, but he's a bit larger than some other aussies we've met (taller, longer, and yes a little chubby) at 70 pounds. I love him sooo much, but I think if/when we get another dog, I would like a smaller one. Maybe a mini-aussie.

Cosmo sure beats my childhood dog, Spot. He was invisible!!!! (My brother was allergic to dogs and I always wanted one!!!) hahahaha

Dawner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2007, 07:33 PM
Bad Puggle

Hi, :marble:
I adopted a Puggle (Dad's a Pug and Mom's a Beagle) last August and he will be 1 year old next month. I love him to pieces but he is BAD!! He has chewed my couch, my recliner, my carpet, and anything else he can find while passing over the 100's of chew toys littering the floor. His name is Bodhi (meaning Spiritual Enlightenment)....believe me, I have been enlightened....mostly monetarily! I wouldn't trade him for the world but he is exasperating, to say the least. I also have a 6 year old Border Collie Mix (Shiloh) and a Calico cat (Cleo). I just realized I'm living in the zoo.
Unread 05-20-2007, 07:46 PM
Breeds?

My favorite subject! I have three very spoiled Chow Chows, 2 male 1 female. They are very protective, loyal, and lovable, and they get such a bad rap. The rumors are not true though, and everyone that meets them always wants to take them home. My oldest, Pharaoh just turned 14, then I have Misha who is 10 and a distant sister to Pharaoh - they were three litters apart. My "little man" is Nikko and he'll be two in Sept..They're all a big part of what gets me through each day. I'm going to miss them more than anything when I have to stay at the "castle".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-23-2007, 01:03 AM
Breeds?

What breed (s) of dog do you own? 2 Yellow Labs- Wyatt Earp and Doc Holliday, 1 St Bernard Annie Oakley (yes we are VERY sick people!!! LOL

Why? the Labs-we LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the breed, they are soooo sweet and loving, yet playful and SMART. Ok, let me rephrase, our Doc is sweet, loving and smart but not playful he looks at tennis balls/other toys with disgust he is the KING and sits upon his throne!! He WILL eat anything you put in front of him, hence his nickname Piglet. Wyatt on the other hand-sweet, loving, playful and DUMB. But can that dog catch!!! ANYTHING-he's so cute, just has to have the occasional xanex (okd by the vet of course) to calm him to the point where you can STAND him, we call him Tigger
The St-to be honest IDK. Saw someone giving one away online and I fell in LOVE. Have always loved big dogs and Sts are so cute. The person giving said dog away changed their mind and it was probably for the best-**** he was as hyper as Wyatt and at 140+ lbs NOT a good thing. So, still hell bent I contacted a St rescue, they brought our Annie over and it was LOVE-between her and our 12 y/o son!!! He has Aspergers syndrome (HIGH end of Autistic spectrum-Einstein was Aspergers) he has a hard time with his peers but that dog, she has been a Godsend for him. He has learned responsibility and compassion.

Do you have a preference on males vs females? males

If so, why? we like large, blockheaded, big chested labs, so we go for the boys
Unread 06-03-2007, 08:54 AM
Breeds?

I have a sheltie he name is Shelby. she is hands down the smartest dog I ever had.

Though she is a little big for a sheltie I would not change her for the world she it

so very smart. And we take her on Vacation and people stop us all the time to pet

her and even take her pics....
Unread 06-03-2007, 01:49 PM
Breeds?

We have two females. One is chihuahua/jack russell and is going to be 8 in October. We got her from my cousin when she was 6 months old. Our other one is a chihuahua/dashund mix who just turned 4. Even though I got her for me, she decided that she was my daughters dog. She sits in as chair by the front door waiting for my daughter to come home and it constantly under her feet.

I would LOVE to own a border collie, but I have no animals for it to herd. My dad had one when I was growing up and it herding the cars doing down the street. Not safe at all! Has anyone ever owned one and NOT have things for it to herd. I would love to hear what other things you can do to keep them busy and happy.

Unread 06-07-2007, 06:56 AM
Breeds?

I have a 10 year old 20 lb miniature white poodle. Tommy is a boy. Got him from the SPCA at a year and a half. Has had separation anxiety all his life with us (was left in a cage 12 hours a day before being brought in to the SPCA)... Is on Chlomicalm for the last 7 years or so. (prozac for dogs)...
He's expensive (drugs, bad teeth etc.) but totally worships me and is so loving!!! Won't let me out of his sight!
Would do it all again!
Unread 08-01-2007, 11:21 AM
Breeds?

We have two Rat Terriers. One is 3 yrs old and the other just turn 1 recently. They are both males. Sporty (3yrs) is the larger body frame and weighs about 19lbs and Buster (1yr) is the smaller frame and weighs about 12lbs. Both are full grown, but full of energy!

A lot of people do not know about rat terriers... both of mine are registered with 4 different registrations (AKC, NRTA, UKC & UKCI). Originally I was planning on breeding Sporty, but he has a tooth defect which makes him undesirable. Plan on getting him snorfleed soon.
Still plan on breeding Buster, his dad was a Grand Champion, so I'm hoping he will be very desirable to be bred.

They are both very intelligent, loving, protective dogs. Ratties started to gain popularity when President Roosevelt had them.
Unread 08-01-2007, 01:37 PM
Breeds?

I have a Jack Russell Terrier and he is 14 weeks old. He is the coolest dog and has learned alot of tricks already. I'm not sure if I will have him fixed or not just depends how he acts. His name is Jango after a star wars character. My DS named him and it seems to fit him well.
Unread 08-04-2007, 10:43 AM
We love our dogs

Hello Sisters! My hubby and I have two jack russel terriers and we just love them to death. Our oldest is going to be 8 in less than three weeks and our youngest will be 7 at the end of october. They're both females and good grief, they do not get along at all. They're getting better now, but I almost wish we had not gotten the second one b/c she gives the older one such a hard time. I guess we're no very good parents. Our dogs stay inside and they give us the unconditional love that we crave.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register