Breeds? - Page 13 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 08-22-2007, 01:58 PM
Smile - Breeds? Breeds?

I have two dogs - one is a male pomeranian/corgi mix, Rex, and the other is a terrier mix, Ruby. I bought Rex, and Ruby was a shelter dog. Rex is my tiny little man - almost 7 pounds - soooo patient and loving, terrific with my kids, and a real companion to me. Ruby is Rex's best friend - we say that we got her for him, not us! She is our watch-dog, and the one who is always getting into stuff, while Rex is content to just sit on my lap, or cuddle up with the kids.

Of course, being a house with a 4 yo and 7 yo, we also have 2 rats and 3 fish! Daily, my kids ask for more pets!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2007, 05:53 PM
Breeds?

Here is one I use often. It makes about 50 or so treats. I sometimes vary it by adding cooked carrots & green beans(diced), or diced apples.

3/4 cup hot water
1/2 beef boulion cube, put in the hot water to dissolve
1/2 cup oleo
1/2 cup powdered milk
1 egg
3 cup whole wheat flour
Mis together. Roll out. Cut with bone shaped cutter. Bake at 325 degrees for 50 minutes.
If you want any more recipes just pm me and I will send them to you directly.
They are not hard to make at all. I have some with salmon, peanut butter, & applesauce, to name a few.
It usually takes me about 2 hours to do 2 batches of treats.
Ever since the recall on treats I have made all of Reggies.
Good luck!
Unread 08-22-2007, 08:00 PM
Breeds?

To all sisters who rescue, foster, and/or adopt dogs that were in need of loving homes.....
you are the best!

For more home made dog treats check out the HysterSister cookbook in "Forums" under "Other".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-01-2007, 03:18 AM
Breeds?

I have a German Shepherd Dog, female 90lbs who works as my service dog, her name is Gerda, then we have a plott hound named Brina, then Timber the beagle, and the littles are Bean, Lane, Guinny, and Jackson, all chihuahuas. Also a half tame half feral cat named Joey. I like the girls better, but they are breeds that tend to obey better. My husband loves his boys.
Unread 10-16-2008, 03:20 PM
Breeds?

I'm currently alpha female to a pack of 4 dogs! Lucy, my Boston Terrier just turned 9. My boys, Harley (chihuahua 3yrs), Hershey (mini dachshund 1 yr) and Jasper (standard schnauzer No idea) round out the crew. Jasper is a rescue. Apparently a puppy mill went out of business and dumped 80+ dogs in my area. A local rescue and several vets jumped in to help. Jasp has come so far in the nearly two months I've had him.

All my furbabies are precious to me. I have to admit though, I'd jump at the chance for more dachshunds in the future. I have my hands full right now.

Gender preference? Not really. I've found I have a harder time house training the males but other than that I love em all.
Unread 10-16-2008, 04:53 PM
Breeds?

We have a female Boxer. We adopted her a couple years ago. She is just the best dog. Very smart, silly, affectionate, etc. etc. We had a male but we had to put him down a few months ago as he suddenly got sick and went into kidney failure. Our female is fawn in color. Our male was dark brindle, almost a reverse brindle.

I grew up with Boxers and absolutely love them to pieces.

We also have a 2 yo Arabian horse. He is a bay gelding. I love Arabians to pieces too.
Unread 10-16-2008, 05:04 PM
Breeds?

We have a black & tan, daple mini dachshund with blue eyes. Her name is Chloe. She is almost 4 yrs old, she was given to us 1 yr ago.
Unread 10-17-2008, 08:46 AM
Breeds?

BOXERS rule! We have 2, Sally and Paisley, and before them we had Katie and Judy, and before that pair we had Lorelei. All flashy brindles, all girls. I grew up with Baron, a big fawn Boxer boy. Boxers were so popular in the '50s, and we loved that dog, and oh man did he love us. My older brother has an oil painting that our mom had done of Baron, and it hangs in his bedroom and he still gets misty eyed about that dog, and he's 64 years old! Like me, he's always got a Boxer in his life.
Unread 10-17-2008, 11:15 AM
Breeds?

I have a 2 year old min pin named Spock. He is a wonderful little guy. He has been the best dog I have had in a long time. I am more of a cat person but he is about the size of one my cats so he fits right in.
Unread 10-28-2008, 09:42 AM
Breeds?

We have all rescues--I have to admit a preference for the black dogs, who have a much harder time of being adopted than the non-black pups. Our current pack:

14 year old lab/malamute--getting old, hubby will be heartbroken when he passes over the rainbow bridge

8 year old aussie mix--she's my velcro dog

6 month old lab-a-mutt--she's getting snorfleed today so she'll be my little hyster-sister. She's my little velcro dog-in-training

I suppose that I prefer females--they are more easily trained, in my opinion. Hubby prefers the independence of male dogs.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register