My Animal Companions! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My Animal Companions! My Animal Companions!

Unread 01-11-2008, 10:29 AM
My Animal Companions!

This is the first time I've been to this part of the forum. I had a TVH on 12/19 and while home my pets have been such great companions.
We have a 7 yr old black lab (Luke the Lab) who is the best behaved boy and at my side pretty much all the time. He's a dog you can sit and just talk to and he'll respond, he follows along instead of just simple dog commands. We also have a flame point siamese cat named Gomer, who we adopted from the shelter and he has been nicknamed "the Magic Cat" as he can open doors and talks to birds among other things. He also acts as if he is on perma-tranquilizers as he's so calm and relaxed, moves slowly, and is just really sweet.
In Sept we decided to add a puppy to the mix so we now also have a 6 mo old grey merle great dane, Diesel (who is larger than our 110 lb lab), and is a huge sweet boy!
We keep our animals inside and just let them out to use the bathroom or play with us so they are really around the majority of the time.
Its been so nice to have them right there as I've been recouping on the couch. The puppy is so entertaining playing with his toys and being inquisitive and Luke is like an old friend who knows how to read me always happy .
I have a DH and school-aged children but they are always on the go and I've been surprised at how much I've really appreciated this time home not only with the family but with our pets too. After 6 weeks home, I'm afraid its gonna be a hard adjustment for them when I go back to work.
Well thought I'd share and look forward to hearing about everyone else's pets and their interactions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2008, 08:46 AM
My Animal Companions!

Wow, those are some big
We have 3 yellow labs ( one belongs to my DD but is living here ). I thought that they were big but are small compared to yours. Dave, the biggest is about 90 pounds. Sally is next at 80, Blaize is about 70. They live outside

We also have 4 cats. Spice, a sweet girl, lives inside. Lucky Baby ( girl ) goes in & out. The other 2 live outside - Shadow & Midnight, both boys.
Unread 02-23-2008, 06:38 PM
My Animal Companions!

I've thought about getting a dog but haven't since I don't have a fenced yard. I've got one cat and she liked to stay pretty close when I was home after my surgery. I was SO afraid she'd walk across my tummy, but luckily that didn't happen. What would we do without our pets?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2008, 07:42 PM
My Animal Companions!

I have to agree... what would we do without our pets?! I have an adorable 2-year old Yorkie named Tucker, and a gorgeous 4-year old cat named Jack. There's nothing like coming home from a crappy day at work and having tons and tons of unconditional love lavished on you.

I just adore them, and they were both great during my post-op recovery. It was almost as if they knew to be gentle and just hang out by my side providing love and cuddles.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register