What odd or quirky behavior do your pets have? - Page 14 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What odd or quirky behavior do your pets have? What odd or quirky behavior do your pets have?

Unread 12-20-2007, 10:09 PM
What odd or quirky behavior do your pets have?

HA! HA! HA! I can just picture it! Aren't fur babies delightful?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2008, 11:34 PM

I have some pretty funny cats.....I have recently started breeding Oriental Shorthairs and Colorpoints. Anyway, here are some of their funny things:

Shayla (OSH) loves to chew on anything cotton
Bug (Siamese) loves pipe cleaners and will play fetch
Kit Kat (Siamese) fetches toy balls
Stoney (Siamese) gives hugs (wraps his arms around my neck and squeezes)
K-Too (Cornish Rex) wears a sweater all winter ~ she even helps me out by lifting up each paw while I put it through the arm holes!

<sigh> And they all have to sleep under the covers with me and my hubby.....they don't realize they have fur coats!
Unread 01-06-2008, 02:17 PM

adoptameezer,

Isn't it amazing how different each animal is an individual? That's why I question those who claim animals don't have souls! Sounds like you've got a delightful group there!

MoonMab (named for one previous, and one still living, Furrbaby.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2008, 06:45 PM

They definately have souls and feelings.....

Stoney will also "pout" if he doesn't get his way!

They are a great group! I have some newer cats in the cattery that I don't know much about yet but I am sure that they all have something unique that they can do too!

I love watching kittens purrsonalities emerge as they age. I have a solid blue oriental boy who has decided that he ALWAYS has to be on my shoulder ~ which is fine for now since he is tiny ~ but I will have to break him of that as he gets bigger!
Unread 01-07-2008, 11:02 PM

Oh, I wish I could see pictures! I just love cats! I have a 'black" long-hair and a dark tortie. Both girls. (Tortie goes without saying). They keep me busy. The Tortie likes to challenge me constantly. She's a real attention getter. And my long-hair is a "mamma's girl". If I recline on the couch or bed, she's on me in an instant, purring and kneading. She's right behind me right now, laying on my bed as I type. She goes anywhere I go in the house (neither one is aloud outside.)
Unread 01-09-2008, 12:26 PM

Hey guys,
I have an Appenzellar named Emma who loves to chase her tail and play wih the swings on the swing set. She has chewed up so many it is not funny. She will sit down put her tail between her legs and spin in a circle to catch and bite it.
We also have a dawawa (mini daschaund/chiuawa) named Tucker he is way over wieght, he weighs 17lbs we call him fatdog. He won't eat out of his food bowl, he will get a mouth full then run off drop it on the floor and eat it. He also likes to play tug of war with Emma who is about 60lbs, they rough house all the time and usually it is Emma who gets hurt she is so gentle.
Also, when Emma is playing catch with her frisbee, she chases the frisbee and Tucker chases her biting at her back legs.
They are quite the pair.
Thanks Jen
Unread 01-09-2008, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabearzzz
Hey guys,
I have an Appenzellar named Emma who loves to chase her tail and play wih the swings on the swing set.
Hi Jen:

I just had to comment that my maiden name is Appenzeller I have heard of the Appenzeller dogs, but never actually "knew" anyone that had one... how cool
Unread 01-09-2008, 10:00 PM

Hi ladies I have 3 cats(shelter adopted) and a dog(bassweiller) one of my cats(jujube) does tricks like a dog she even sits for a treat. My dog (duncan) has the markings of a rottweiller and the body of a basset hound but he thinks he is the size of a yorkie so needless to say he gets hisself in alot of trouble like jumping up in a chair that is way to small for him and knocking it over or trying to jump in my lap and knocking the wind right out of me (he's 60 lbs) lol
Unread 02-08-2008, 02:53 AM

Loved all these stories!

I have a grey fluffy cat named Stormey Weather. She has issues that are quit complex. If I have fried something on the stove and leave the pan there, she will curl up in it and sleep. Yep, she sleeps in the grease. One day I found her sleeping in the garbage, one side of her covered with the coffee grounds. She was a tiny kitten when we took her in...we, vet included, do not know what to make of her.
Unread 02-17-2008, 03:13 AM

My cat, Popoki, likes balled up socks. If I am in a hurry in the morning, I sometimes just give the sock draw a quick push to close it, but it won't close tightly. He manages to open it enough to get his paws in there and I will come home to find the contents of my sock draw all over the house!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register