What odd or quirky behavior do your pets have? - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What odd or quirky behavior do your pets have? What odd or quirky behavior do your pets have?

Unread 03-18-2005, 03:43 PM
What odd or quirky behavior do your pets have?

These are great stories. I am rofl with each and every one.

Sammy is our 10 year old golden retriever. We adopted him at 8 from the local animal shelter because he was shaking and looked so scared and freightened that we just had to have him. Turns out his hip is totally crushed (they don't know what happened - he was found by the freeway) but he still gets around really well, and I give him an aspirin when he starts to limp (in cold weather.)

"Sir hump alot" . . . can't go anywhere in the car without trying to hump something. They claim he was fixed when the pound found him. Try stopping by a fast food place with a 60 pound dog humping away in the back seat.....

He is such a love. He will climb up on the couch, and then rearrange all the throw pillows and lay his head on top. He does this in my son's bed too. The minute my son gets out of the bed, Sammy will jump in (under the sheets even, if you let him) and lay his head on the pillow. I have the cutest picture of the two of them, both asleep, side-by-side, with their heads on their pillows.

If he doesn't want to go outside, and you say "Want to go outside?" he'll lay down where he is and hide his head in his arms. Then after a minute, he gets back up, wagging and happy. You say again "Want to go outside." He lays back down and covers his head. Unless he needs to go, then he'll bowl you over to get out the door.

Joy - the 10 year old "Queen" cat. It's so sad to watch Sammy walk clear around the room and the couch to get to the next room without crossing her path. She must just terrorize him during the day. She knows he likes to go into my son's room, so she lays right across the doorway. Snot! She also has me VERY trained - everytime I go anywhere near the hall, she runs down and into the bathroom and will start knawing at the facet for me to turn it on. We have one of those door stoppers with a spring. At 3:00 a.m. she will decide to rub against it, over and over. TWANGGGGGG. It is sooo loud I just want to jump out of bed and wring her neck! When she was younger, we had a hampster that we put in one of those plastic balls. It would roll around and around the room, with the cat chasing behind. And then jumping back, to get out of the hampsters way. I didn't worry about the hampster. Once I caught the cat putting her nose in between the bars of the cage. The hampster bit her!! Tee hee - served her right. We talk to each other constantly. I walk in the door and go "meow", she goes "meow"...we can keep this up forever! If I change the tone of my meow, she will change hers too. I tell her "You are the cat I most love to hate, or is it hate to love." She loves to get up on the table while I'm reading and try to lay right smack in the middle. Yes your majesty - on the floor, NOW! I'm sure as soon as I leave the house (after she terrorizes the dog) she jumps right up on the kitchen table and lays there all day. Normally she doesn't want to be anywhere near the dog until I pet the dog and rub his tummy, then she will come right over to be rubbed too. And she loves to crouch (like she's hiding) and then swipe at your ankles when you walk by. I swear I have chased her through the house more times than I can remember. She actually will draw blood! We adopted her too from the animal shelter - I think we're cursed - but we sure do love them!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2005, 09:56 PM

My Yorkie, Mickey, will lay down on the floor with her butt in the air. Her front legs are down, her head is resting on the floor but her back legs are straight and her butt is in the air. Makes us laugh.
Unread 04-01-2005, 12:49 AM

My youngest siamese cat Jade. Loves to play hide and seek. With me or one of my sons. She will go hide in a bedroom and we hide also and holler wheres Jadey?. She quickly comes down the hallway looking for use we pop out at her and off she goes to hide again. Then again we hide and holler wheres Jadey? She comes peeking looking for us and then she spots us and off shes goes again to hide.
She will keep this up for as long as anyone will play with her. Shes so cute when shes running right out straight. She hits the linoleum kitchen floor and goes sliding around corners. Her favorite hiding spot is inside a cat scratching post that has a large play tunnel attached to it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2005, 08:45 PM

I've got a seven month old female Yorkie called Sadie Corrine. She is the sweetest. Our home is quite critter friendly. We have eight dogs so we have lots of kennels (without doors) and dog beds. They're allowed on the couch and padded chairs. But Sadie Corrine's favorite place to nap is on the end table. She has to jump up on a large lovely pad then on to the comfy couch to get to the hard, bare, wooden end table for her nap. She's the only one who does this. It alway makes me smile and shake my head.
Unread 04-27-2005, 01:01 PM

Our dog, Emmitt, when he wants to play ball, will throw the ball at you and has hit us in the head more than once. Our cat, Dallas, chases the dust mop when I try to sweep the floor.

Cindy
Unread 04-30-2005, 12:19 AM

I've got a little dog that does the same thing when I mop! He also barks at and bites at, quite vigorously, the vacume cleaner when I vacume.

Years ago I had a dog that did the strangest thing. She was a big dog, half Irish Wolf Hound and half Black lab. She looked like a gigantic lab. She would go up to a tree, jump up high, grab the tree in her mouth and pull off a large strip of bark. I love my trees and they were getting all scared up. I had to quit letting her run free in the yard. I'd never heard of anything like that before.
Unread 05-02-2005, 10:39 AM
Strange behavior

Our fox terrier Toby is a real nut. he has this ball that will pop out the side of his mouth if he bites it just right. Then that is our cue to throw it. If I can get it from him. He even started bringing it to my little girl Ashton. She usually throws it and tells him to leave her alone. He runs through this house and usually knocks her over in the process.
But at night when we get ready for bed, Toby is no where to be found. He already went to bed and is lying on his pillow beside our bed waiting. When we flip on the light he looks at us half squniting like shut off the light.
Is anyone elses dog or cat scared of storms? Toby hides under Hunter's bed. I don't kow how he does it. Her bed sits very low to the floor. He squeezes under and gets into the space betweent her headboard and the wall. Won't come out til the storm is over. I have actually had to lift up her bed to get the dog out!
Unread 05-02-2005, 04:58 PM

OMG!!!! My 85lb. dog is sooo scared of storms, that sometimes we shut him in the bathroom(there are no windows)because he just runs through the house trying to find a place to hide.
We only put him in the bathroom if he stays antsy. Usually we sit next to him and talk to him and pet him. My cats don't care, just want in if it is raining.

Cindy
Unread 05-07-2005, 08:18 AM
Toby

Last night Toby was outside on his lead, I have to lead him to go potty or he will run the neighborhood. Anyway he just kept running in circles. I went out to check on him and he just looked at me and kept going. I swear that dog is getting worse. He makes all my neighbors laugh. They all think that he is sooo cute. They don't have a couch, footstool, loveseat and a chair that have little tears in the bottoms from him trying to get that dam ball out from under my 3 year old set of furniture! I love that dog, but that ball is on it's last leg, again. This is his third ball. I keep throwing them away. He looks so sad without it I get him another one! I am so lame I know this.
Unread 05-07-2005, 08:33 AM

House Bunnies Rule!

Cleo is my beautiful silky black full rex full of attitude. We've had her for 3 years now. She actually picked me in the pet store not the other way around. She's like having a real live soft plush animal.

She is clean, healthy and loving and even uses the litter box and plays fetch, meets me at the door, gives me kisses when i ask, butts me with her nose for petting and loving, (gets jealous if i pet stuffed animas LOL), watches TV and responds to simple training comands. She amazes me every day just watching her.

The funniest thing she does is if I happen to move an end table a little in her normal path or something else, she has to zoom as fast as she can like a race horse ( and sounds like it) around and around and around until her body doesn't touch anyhing assuring her escape path is clear just in case! - All I see is a black flash over and over again. I wish I could get it on video tape and attach cartoon music to it!

And when she's satisfied she makes an abrupt stop in front of me and stares at me in approval.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register