What Are You Reading? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Review It!

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What Are You Reading? What Are You Reading?

Unread 04-07-2005, 08:53 PM
What Are You Reading?

Fran.k - I loved all the books you are reading. What a treat to have all three to pick from at once. Let us know your favorite.

I finished with the Jane Austen and have moved on to "The Ya Yas in Bloom".

LynnMaryVL - Did you see that they are making a movie of "The Chronicles of Narnia"?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2005, 09:47 PM
What Are You Reading?

Couldn't help myself!

DaVinci Code was the best book I have read since "IT" by Stephen King, and it surpassed that book!

Let me know when you finish it, I would love to hear what you think!!!

Missie
Unread 04-08-2005, 04:36 AM
What Are You Reading?

Quote:
Originally posted by fran.k
I've just started 'the mermaids singing' by Val McDermid. I haven't read anything else by her, but so far so good. I've also got My sister's keeper by J Picoult, and 'the time travellers wife' by A Niffernegger ready to start too
At the moment, I'm spoilt for choice!
Is that the one they made a movie of, a few years back?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2005, 08:49 AM
What Are You Reading?

Quote:
I just read a book by Erwin Raphael McManus called Seizing Your Divine Moment. It's a really good read, and it makes you think.
I heard Erwin speak at a conference I went to last fall - excellent book!
Unread 04-08-2005, 01:41 PM
What Are You Reading?

I started off with two books by Meg Cabot, "Boy Meets Girl" and "Every Boy's Got One". Then it was on to a series of three books by Lyndsay Sands about vampires in love. I know they sound strange, but they were good fun and what do you need more of during recovery than fun?? Then I read the latest book in the Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella (I love those books!), "Shopaholic and Sister". Then my neighbor gave me "Does She or Doesn't She" by Alisa Kwitney, it was okay. Now I am on to "Sea Glass" by Anita Shreeve. I have read more in the last month than I can remember ever having the time to. Isn't it great??
Unread 04-08-2005, 03:46 PM
What Are You Reading?

During my recovery I read John Grishom's The Last Juror. Currently I'm just beginning Ya Yas in Bloom by Rebecca Wells. I hope it's as entertaining as the previous Ya Ya books.
Unread 04-08-2005, 04:04 PM
What Are You Reading?

If you enjoy mysteries and suspense novels, I highly recommend Suspect by Michael Robotham. I couldn't put it down. I also recommend books by Mary Higgins Clark and Joy Fielding (Puppet is her newest- very good.)
Unread 04-08-2005, 07:16 PM
What Are You Reading?

I bought DaVinci Code last week and haven't started it yet, but I am going to start this weekend
I love Nora Roberts' books---they are sort of clean and have great mysteries...love the witches trilogy--I think one of them is Dances in Air. I have never read a book of hers that wasn't good, except I don't like her earlier books when she used a pen name (can't think of that either)
Unread 04-09-2005, 12:16 PM
What Are You Reading?

As a book lover (just ask the librarians who know me by first name and always know I have 10 books on hold each time!) I have many favorites and am always looking for new authors.

A series of books that I have reread several times and am now reading again is Nora Roberts (writing as J.D. Robb) In Death series. They are mystery/romances set in 2059 and are wonderful. They start with Naked In Death and introduce Eve, a homicide detective who meets her future husband Roarke, who is a billionare. The rest of the books feature Eve's cases, her friends and her marriage. Fun reading.

New books I just finished this week are Jean Auel's Earth Children series (I just finished the first one Clan of the Cave Bear and can't wait to start the second) and Book One of a series called Daughter of the Forest which is a celtic folklore/fantasy type book.

I also love Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series, Dorothy Gilman's Mrs. Pollifax series, all the books by Jane Heller, Robert Parker's Spenser series and anything by SARK.

For inspiration during this transitional time I have reread The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz, Gift from the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh and Women Who Run with the Wolves by Clarissa Pinkola Estes.

I normally do not like "frothy, fluffy" reading but during this time I have enjoyed many books from the "chick lit" genre including Jane Heller and Katie MacAllister. Just fun books celebrating womanhood.
Unread 04-10-2005, 11:21 AM
What Are You Reading?

JD Robb----that's it!! I could not remember her pen name. I really don't care for those books, but love all the "nora" books.
Also, Oprah has never let me down. All the books in her book club are great! Very good ones---you definately can't go wrong if you draw a blank looking for a new one to read.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register