Teachers unite! - Page 18 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Teachers unite! Teachers unite!

Unread 11-24-2005, 05:56 AM
Happy Thanksgiving

Hello Dear Sisters and Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!
Christine: So glad the surgery is over. As Mary said - you need to practice being a good princess all over again. If you need any advice, just ask. Let others do for you, sit back and heal.
Mary - such cold weather already? It was chilly here yesterday...a nice kind of chilly. I took my sister, (who is visiting) to Cocoa Beach Florida to visit Ron Jon's surf shop. It's a tourist thing, and she just had to get a t-shirt for a friend. The weather was in the 60's and the drive was pleasant. As far as the homefront goes, - things are rather static right now. With my sister being here, my Mom's time is filled with entertaining her, so she doesn't come by too much to be with my Dad. Everyone seems to be getting along so I continue to keep my fingers crossed. Will Sarah be home with you this weekend? How about your son?
Sarah - how have you been doing? Did you get your questions answered concerning the bonus? If your county handles things the same as ours, you will also get the opportunity to earn a second bonus if you mentor 90 hours. I've already had a head start on that one, since we can begin recording the time in July. It requires a lot of effort, but the money comes in handy during the summer. I don't know about you, but when I first learned about passing, I just kept walking around thinking..."I am a National Board Certified Teacher!" It was pretty cool. I remember saying to my husband, I can't believe I did this....he replied..."yes, we worked really hard!" I then proceeded to hit him on the head! It was funny. As far as the scores you received and how you thought one area was stronger than the other and it turned out differently....the same thing happen to me....Go figure.
Well Ladies - so sorry for rambling.
Happy Bird Day to all!
So many things to be thankful for. You all are at the top of my list.
Blessings to you!
Cathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-27-2005, 06:57 PM
Teachers unite!

Cathy, great to hear from you. We've had a series of balmy days... but not really great sailing weather. I did submit my paperwork for the bonus and I'll go to the mentoring meetings. I would enjoy doing that. My first reaction to the news was...now I'm going to have to work really hard to live up to this.

Mary, your winter descended on you quickly. Think warm thoughts!

Donna, Cindy, everyone... how's it going?
Best wishes to everyone for a good Monday.

Love,
Sarah
Unread 11-28-2005, 01:41 PM
Teachers unite!

Hi everyone,
Hope you all enjoyed Thanksgiving - do you all get a break from school for it?

Sarah and Cathy - yes, winter came in with a vengeance. It snowed loads today - although I doubt if it will last. Soooh cold though, and huge flakes were blowing towards me all the way home on the motorway so it was difficult to drive. I teach in two places - with a road in between, so I've had my coat, scarf and mitts on and off constantly today. Just thought - don't we Brits make a deal of the weather??!! Sarah hope you do go for that bonus - you've earned it.

Cathy yes we had DS, DIL and little George for the weekend. Sarah came last week for two days. Great to see them - and such a change from school work all weekend. I'd almost forgotten what a 'normal' family weekend is like. So pleased that your sister has helped to give a little relief on the home front. Hope the peaceful state continues. You're doing sterling work there.

Christine how are things going? Hope you're having a really good rest and healing well.

Thinking of you all, and hope the rest of the week goes well. Much love.
Mary.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2005, 10:04 AM
Teachers unite!

Good morning everyone. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

I am doing fine. Just very bored. I heard from my assistant today and she said the sub tried to change everything around. The sub wanted to add things and not do what I set up. My assistant told her to do what is written because of state tests etc... My aide told me things have gotten better since the sub began to do what I wrote down. It was nice to hear from my assistant but I am sure glad that I can put aside my school stuff and worry only about my rehab.

Off to do my exercises.

Chris
Unread 12-02-2005, 04:57 PM
Teachers unite!

Hi, everyone, it's a good weekend for planting and projects.

Christine, you're getting to be an old hand at princessing.

Mary, I didn't realize you travel every day. That's a lot to keep track of in between locations. Do you have to drive very far?

Cathy, is your sister still around? Hope that is working out to your advantage.

One of the teachers on my team was scheduled to go to the castle next Tuesday, but her date has been moved to the following week. I told her about Hystersisters and she has found information and reassurance just as we did. I've been trying to remember helpful things to tell her, mainly about being sore and tired for a long time.

I had lunch with a group that included several beginning teachers today. The conversation reminded me how tough those first years of my career were for my marriage partner. DH was patient, though, and we got through it.

The camellia sasanquas are blooming and even a few japonicas, so I've got my annual camellia fever.

Everyone have a great weekend. Wishing you a few princess moments here and there.

Love,
Sarah
Unread 12-03-2005, 09:10 AM
Teachers unite!

Well Hello Sisters,
It has almost been two months since I posted. I figured that they would be pages for me to catch up on, but then realized that you are all as busy as I am. I have two adults in my room now because I have a student who needs a one on one aid and then I have a part time aide in my room. I also got a student teacher at the end of October. I figured with four adults in the room for most of the day, I would get major things done. Well I was soooooo wrong. I feel as though I get less accomplished.
Sarah--congratulations for your accomplishment.
Christine--please take it slow. The classroom with still be there when you get back. Focus on you.

I have a question for you ladies. If you kept your ovaries and cervix, do any of you get a little period at any time? I feel like I still experience PMS symptoms--water weight, headache, crankiness, etc. and then a day later I have a very small period. Is that normal?
This has happened that last three months.
I would appreciate any insight anyone has.
I hope that I get notice of posts. I haven't gotten them in months.
Have a great weekend and I hope to be able to post more often and keep in touch with all you wonderful ladies.
s,
Diane
Unread 12-03-2005, 05:49 PM
Teachers unite!

Good evening ladies,

It's really good to hear from you. It's strange - I haven't had any notifications either - even though I posted not long ago.

Anyway - here goes.
Christine it's good to hear that you're making such good progess. As you say, it's a relief to be able to let go of school matters for a while and just rest and get well again. Hope you continue to do well.

Sarah thanks for the forecast. I definitely have lots to do this weekend, including finishing a quilt for my Mum's birthday next week and making a few other items ready for other birthdays. I realised what I wrote wasn't that clear. I only cross a road and path between the school sites, although that's enough when the weather is really bad. The drive is on the way home - it's 30 miles each way on the motorway. The snow has stopped for now and it's just cold and wet. Certainly no camelias in flower here! Wonderful plants though - I love them.

Diane sorry can't help - don't have the ovaries. I was, however, going to ask if anyone who has lost 'everything' had any spotting occasionally? Where on earth can it come from? I've had it three times during the last few months for no special reason. One occasion was when I'd been lifting a lot of heavy boxes and another when I'd been walking all day.

Cathy you must be busy with your family arrangements. Do hope you have time to take good care.

Everyone else - we miss you loads. Hope you folk are all well - maybe we'll all be able to chip in again as term draws to a close. Two weeks to go here - we finish on Friday 16th Dec and return to school on 4th Jan.

I had a wonderful meal with friends from my sewing group the other day. We don't always sew - or have time to sew - but meet occasionally anyway. One member had been in Sri Lanka as a drama examiner when the tsunami disaster arose, and was so moved that she has been fund raising ever since. She prepared a lovely meal as a charity fund-raiser ... leek and potato soup, coq au vin, range of desserts - it was a super break in the busy work round.

Well I hope you all have a really good weekend and some 'you' time. I like Sarah's idea of having some 'princess moments' - just what we all need, I'm sure.

Love to all.
Mary.
Unread 12-04-2005, 07:14 PM
Teachers unite!

Diane, I think you should ask the nurse at your doctor's office what she thinks of your spotting. After six months, my doctor said, there is still some deep healing going on. However, to have it coincide with your pms symptoms seems a bit odd. I don't have a cervix. The only spotting I have had was caused by a big vaginal ulcer I got during a flu viral infection. Mary, it seems odd that you are still having spotting after exertion too. But, after our surgeries, they always told us that a little blood is not scary, just watch it if it gets heavier.

I planted five camellias today and I've got plans for three more. That should slake the fever for a while. Everyone have a great day tomorrow.

Sarah
Unread 12-05-2005, 05:40 PM
Teachers unite!

Hello to Everyone!
I hope things are going well for all of you.
Sarah - how did I miss the fact that you love camellias? I simply adore them. My MIL has 8 huge bushes of them and when they bloom they are simply beautiful. I had 4 planted at my old house and before I left I dug up one and took it with me. DH reminded me that it was not legal but I just had to do it. It wasn't that big anyways. It is blooming now, (just a few but it put a smile on my face). Glad you got your paperwork in and have begun to attend the mentoring meetings. You will have no problem living up to this honor. You earned it and deserve it.
Mary - your Thanksgiving sounded splendid. Did you celebrate your Mum's birthday with a grand celebration? As far as your spotting is concerned...I had a friend that had that and had to have it checked by the doctor. I believe she needed additional hormone cream because of it.
Diane - so nice to hear from you. Your classroom sounds hectic as all can be. Perhaps after the holidays it will calm down some. I would check with your doctor concerning your spotting. You are too far along in the healing process to have this.
Christine - Please tell me that the sub has finally decided to follow your plans and do what the students normally expect. That makes the most sense to me. However, right now you need to spend all your energy on your exercises and your healing.
Well friends - so many things to do. My sister left Saturday which has left a lonely spot in both mine and Mom's heart. She is quite spunky and I will miss her. Other than that - stress from school/holidays continue to play havoc with the stomach but this too shall pass.
Blessings to all of you.
Take care!
Cathy
Unread 12-06-2005, 06:17 PM
Teachers unite!

Hello,
Thought I'd look in and see if anyone's about.
Thanks for the advice Cathy and Sarah - much appreciated. It's so good to be able to talk to people who understand.

We're celebrating Mum's birthday with a meal this weekend, and hopefully some 'special' time with her. DH's Dad's too - same weekend - but sadly he won't know a lot about it. Will spend a quiet time with him. This week it's the school's major drama production - a dramatic version of 'A Christmas Carol'. Also time for two more days of exam board meetings ready for the January session. Then next week both school and universities finish on Friday. On Sunday 18th we have a really big candlelight carol service at church. It's a big weekend and the family are looking forward to coming home for it - lots going on.

I think it's Donna's birthday today - if you're out there Donna and stop by to read this - hope you have a very happy time and that things are going well for you.

To all our friends - hope all is well and that the rest of the term goes smoothly.

Love to all.
Mary.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register