Teachers unite! - Page 19 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Teachers unite! Teachers unite!

Unread 12-09-2005, 09:41 PM
Teachers unite!

Happy Friday night, everyone.

Donna, happy birthday! Don't drift away... you're still a teacher, united with us. Hope we hear from you soon.

Cathy, sorry your sister left. That was a good long visit. The camellias are loving this rain and cool weather. They should bloom well all winter. Thanks for the encouragement... it is indeed nice to have a pat on the back and some recognition from the certification. We all need some affirmation now and then.

Mary, your play sounds wonderful. I was just thinking of my favorite carol tonight, "The Holly and the Ivy." Always makes me think of England in the winter.

My colleague goes to the castle Tuesday and I gave her a big hug at the end of the day today. Tuesday is a good day for it by the almanac. She's been posting on the pre-op board about her feelings of anxiety. How well I remember mine, don't you?

Let's see... prune to discourage growth this weekend. Cleaning for the holidays yet, anyone?

Cheers,
Sarah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-21-2005, 05:58 PM
Teachers unite!

Hello Sisters and Happy Holidays to all of you!
:letsnow:
I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their holiday break. I have been all over the place and haven't really rested yet, but plan to do so in the near future.
Please post your vacation stories when you get a chance. I miss chatting with you.
Lots of love,
Cathy
Unread 12-21-2005, 06:32 PM
Teachers unite!

Hello everyone,

It was so good to see some postings. These new smilies are really good. I miss the chats too Cathy - that's a lovely idea to post what we're up to in the holidays.

Sarah I well remember those anxious days just before the hyst. I hope your colleague gets on OK. You did her a good turn introducing her to the boards.

Well we're officially off school for a couple of weeks, and it's a GREAT feeling. We put up the Christmas tree and then had a big candlelit carol service at church this weekend, with lots of choir music, so it really feels like Christmas now. We practised on Saturday too, with a bring and share lunch, so that was fun. Family came today, but returned this evening to be with MIL over Christmas. Then more come tomorrow, Friday and Sunday. I love seeing them all and even though it's a lot of cooking etc, it's fun to do.

A friend told me about a pudding called Apple Brown Betty. I found it on the internet and did it for the first time today. It looked American, so perhaps you all know it? It was certainly delicious - I put in cinnamon and sultanas.

Do any of you know the Yankee Candle company? You don't see them here in the shops, but I just found them on eBay and bought some delicious-smelling candles and wax tarts. They smell of things like cinnamon, pine, berries, brown sugar ... I could go on. I have them burning when I'm cleaning and cooking and it's a real boost to the spirits.

It was forecast to be a white Christmas here for the first time for ages, but so far it's just grey. I'll let you know ...

Hope all are well and enjoying the break. Much love - thinking of you all. Hope you have a really lovely Christmas.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-22-2005, 09:58 PM
Teachers unite!

Cindy, if you read this - hope you have a very happy birthday.
Unread 12-23-2005, 08:16 AM
Teachers unite!

Hey there everyone. I hope everything went well before your breaks.

Cindy.

Mary, I love the Yankee Candle Company. We have several stores in our area.

I have stopped using my walker and am now to a cane. I was finally able to bed my knee 90 degrees yesterday. (After a lot of stretching and pushing by my physical therapist.) I'll know next week when I can go back to work.

I hope everyone has a and that is good to you.

Chris
Unread 12-24-2005, 12:26 PM
Teachers unite!

Greetings to all!
It sounds like things are going well for everyone.
Mary - so glad your life at school is now on hold. Go and enjoy. As for the Yankee candles........I love them. I burn the tarts, (Christmas cookie and Vanilla) and people think I have been baking all day. I also have a dear friend that sells Partylite candles. She often spoils me with different kinds. It does put you in a splendid mood.
Christine - you sound as though you are making progress each and everyday. Take things slow and enjoy your holiday.
Happy birthday to you Cindy!!! I miss you.
Sarah - what are your plans for the holidays? Do tell.
Donna - I agree with Sarah - please continue to post and let us know how you are.
I must be going for now. Still plenty of things to do.
I wish you all peace and happiness!
Love
Cathy
Unread 12-24-2005, 03:34 PM
Teachers unite!

Hello again everyone,
Well it's now evening on 24th and I couldn't resist stopping by again.

Chris it's so good to hear of your progress - hope this continues. Do take good care - as in Princess days - it's your one opportunity to heal really well.

Wow I can see you all know Yankee Candle! Cathy those you mentioned sound wonderful. I have had Brown Sugar and Spice in the kitchen today and have the Christmas eve one burning at the moment in the sitting room.

Sarah hope you're well. We haven't heard from you for a while - but I've certainly done cleaning now and plan to enjoy the next few days. We have more family here now - and two little dogs - and it's a busy (but happy) house at present.

Hope you all have a happy and peaceful few days. Love to all.
Unread 12-26-2005, 01:40 PM
Teachers unite!

Hi, everyone!

My sister was here from last Wednesday until yesterday. We mainly took it easy as she had been burning the candle at both ends (alas, not a Yankee Candle) getting a difficult paper submitted. At her special request, we mounted a kayaking expedition at Crystal River on Saturday and had the most incredible manatee watching experience ever. Embarrassingly I wandered into an off-limits area and got a warning; I am now listed on a federal database of violators (the officer was stern but polite as we were not doing anything except being in the wrong place). No harm done and we had a great time swimming with the manatee in legal areas! They are intelligent and gentle, and it is true that when they are ready they will approach you for a belly rub. I was happy to see Judith grinning from ear to ear.

When the officer warned us I was thinking to myself, oh, no, I'm a national board certified teacher and now I have violated the manatees' protected area, the last thing I ever wanted to do. I felt stupid but as Mr. Bennett says in Pride and Prejudice, the feeling will pass all too quickly!

Cathy, you're funny, "let it snow" in central Florida! I hope you had a good holiday with your folks in their new situation.

Cindy, happy birthday belatedly. I hope all your family are doing well. Looking forward to news from you.

Mary, I had olfactory hallucinations from reading your posts about apple betty and scented candles. Was your Sarah home for Christmas?

Chris, glad to hear of your progress with your knee.

Hope everyone has a relaxed approach to New Year's, resting up for the next party!

Love,
Sarah
Unread 12-26-2005, 02:00 PM
Teachers unite!

Hi Ladies,
I apologize for not posting in such a long time (remember me.....the music teacher!). The December concert season is always the most difficult time of year for me. This year, I had 8 performances crammed into 2 weeks.

I haven't been feeling my best lately and have been slipping into a depression. The PA at my doctor's office prescribed Wellbutrin 4 weeks ago. Right now, I am on the maximum dosage (450mg) and do not feel any different. So, of course I'm wondering now if my lovely hormones are out of whack again, or if the Wellbutrin is not going to be my answer.

Anyway.....I wanted to share a fabulous story with you. Since I have been going to my gyn's office so frequently, I had really come to know her quite well. During one of my visits, she shared with me the fact that she was taking lessons on guitar. Hmm....my wheels started spinning. My high school select chorus was singing an arrangement of "Silent Night" that would lend itself beautifully to guitar accompaniment! So, on a whim, I wrote a letter and sent her a copy of the music. A week later, she e-mailed me and said she'd be honored to give it a try (this performance was an annual community Christmas concert in a local cathedral church that draws in a good 800 people!).

Well, she came to my school one morning to rehearse with the chorus. They took a liking to her and really enjoyed her being there. What a fabulous role model she was for my students. She did a wonderful job at the concert and the audience just loved it. My students learned a great lesson in life.......it is "ok" to step off the beaten path once in a while to try something new. Here, my doctor had the courage to do just that for my students. I must say, she was a nervous wreck and I kept telling her to RELAX and don't forget to breath!! Where have we all heard that before!
It was such a fabulous experience for my students to see a physician in a well established career taking the time to venture off the beaten path to try something new (and challenging!). Needless to say, she is a wonderful person and an incredible doctor.

So there you have it.....the "happy story of the day"!
Hope everyone had a nice Christmas.
Unread 12-26-2005, 06:28 PM
Teachers unite!

Hello Dear Sisters:
Sarah - your story about the officer and the warning gave me a chuckle. They have to adhere to that protocal. What a wonderful experience you had with those manatees. They are phenomenal creatures. I had a chance to see them last spring, and then again when we were fishing. One came right up to the boat and allowed me to pet her head while pouring bottled water over her. So sweet! I am glad you had time to spend with your sister.
Lisa - what a wonderful story you shared. How neat that your doctor was able to play at the concert. It does remind me that we should take those uncommon opportunities and do great things with them.
Well - I must get back to work. I did absolutely nothing last week and this week I must prepare for a class I will be teaching at the community college. If I don't get it done now, I will be spending countless weekends preparing.
Blessings to all of you!
Cathy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register