stupid things people say... - Page 12 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

stupid things people say... stupid things people say...

Unread 05-23-2007, 07:34 AM
stupid things people say...

People like the ones we are discussing just don't get it. I especially love how if you talk to any of my step mothers friends, they all think that she is sooo supportive of me. That's because she is a very good pretender. She also dramatizes anything negative in her or anyone else's lives. I do feel bad for her and seriously hope one day she gets what's coming. She actually had the nerve to say to me (on several occasions) that she feels so lucky to have me (I'm the only girl with 4 brothers) because daughters always take care of their mothers when they get old and sick. Lady.... don't count on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-23-2007, 11:22 AM

Just quickly. I lost count of the number of people who would respond with.. oh well.. that is just a routine surgery these days. Shakes head.
Unread 05-23-2007, 11:23 AM

yes, Shantra, it is all so unimportant -- if it is not their body being discussed!!! Hope you are doing well post-op!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-23-2007, 11:26 AM

During my hysterectomy, the doc's nicked my bladder. I had to have a cath for a little over a week. When I went in for my bladder study (which they filled my bladder with contrast then took X-rays) I had to sign a paper saying I wasn't pregnant!
Unread 05-23-2007, 11:31 AM

My God -- Eliza that is terrible!! iwonder where they thought you were keeping it.....
Unread 05-23-2007, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza0104
During my hysterectomy, the doc's nicked my bladder. I had to have a cath for a little over a week. When I went in for my bladder study (which they filled my bladder with contrast then took X-rays) I had to sign a paper saying I wasn't pregnant!

This one takes the cake! We have a winner here!
Unread 05-25-2007, 03:59 PM

I havent spoken about my upcoming surgery to anyone except "very close" family members and one "very close girlfriend". I had infertility issues for about 10 years (after the birth of my first son) then I had a laparoscopy and found the endo and cleaned it up, I got pregnant right away. That was almost 4 years ago. FOR YEARS I have struggled with PMS (and my family has also struggled) and in the past year my cycle has changed-pain, heaving bleeding--blah, blah. But I havent broadcast my surgery because of a comment that my on dad has made to me on a couple occassions that my PMS symptoms were all in my head!! Oh how I wish he had ovaries!!! So from then on I keep feelings/symptoms to closer family members. My dad knows about the surgery, but I talk to my step-mom about it more. So, I can definately relate to what you are going through. Hang in there and just let it go in one ear and out the other.
Unread 05-26-2007, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlynn
Okay, so help me come up with a ringtone for my mother--one of the people who is really only happy when life is miserable...
I have the Wizard of Oz If I only had a brain!!
Unread 05-26-2007, 02:18 AM

To rephrase "her" words.... " I just can't cover your carpool days (2 afternoon pick ups for the last week and a half of school!) because I am just too stressed out myself".
Give me a @*#@ break woman - I'm not asking for the world on a silver platter!
Unread 05-26-2007, 03:15 AM

Oh My Ladies some of those comments had me shaking my head in disbelief It gets me quite grrrrrrr when people are just so insensitive .... My M-I-L (love the monster in law title please can I borrow it) doesn't pass any comment as to her I'm a non-entity, she too is all self, self ,self . Thankfully we live miles away from her so we don't see too much of her .... It does however remind me when I had my ventro suspension & steralization she couldn't understand why I needed to go to bed after the surgery for a few hours and 'who was going to cook dinner'
This time a couple of comments have made me chuckle My friend when I told her of my op date said ' oh that was bad planning my holiday is 2 weeks after that ...... who is gonna dye my hair' ..... she also called me a ***** when I first told her of my intended op as she too has 'menstral problems' and she is in the menopause (1 period every 3 months sounds like heaven to me)
However on a lighter note..... I heard my son explain to his friend (he's 12) that I was going in the hospital for a Hysterical Rectum Operation ....
Onwards & Upwards Ladies at least we have each other

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register