LIW Chat - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-03-2008, 11:07 AM
LIW Chat

Hey Dancing Fool,

We are really happy about that! I have just realized I sat down here for a few minutes to catch up on posts and I am still sitting here 4 hours later ... YIKES! It really is addictive.

Hugs,
Tracy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2008, 11:50 AM
LIW Chat

Hey Laurie!

We'll keep you, we'll just consider you an April +2! So sorry they've pushed your date back, though
Unread 04-03-2008, 12:49 PM
LIW Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hosswoman
Hey Laurie!

We'll keep you, we'll just consider you an April +2! So sorry they've pushed your date back, though

lol...that's what I figured I would do! was going to try to change my date, and realized that wouldn't work, so I've just changed my sig.

the truly ironic thing is that since there are still no responses to my efforts to begin a May thread, and I've announced my intent to stay here, the powers that be (I sincerely do love/appreciate them) have removed my post on Friends w/o Faces, looking for May ladies!!!!

So I consider it my new duty, to serve as lady-in-waiting (get it!) to all of you princesses....I will see all of you through to the other side....and after you've all passed over, safe and well...THEN I'll come join you!

Safe passage, ladies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2008, 02:16 PM
Shellbear & JeweelBoo ~ We miss you!

We miss you guys so much! Hope you are doing okay and healing well. Can't wait to have you back. I keep checking on the Post Op side but you are not there yet ... boo hoo!
Well wishes to you both and anyone else not yet well enough to get to their computer!

Big Hugs,
Tracy
Unread 04-03-2008, 02:20 PM
20 days and trying to get rid of pneumonia

Hey Ladies,

Hope you are all well and counting the days! I did something very silly today and went and viewed some abdominal hysterectomy video footage ... Yikes! Dumb idea!

I am now on my 2nd round of antibiotics and off work for another week. I think they are going to wonder if I still work there .. I will be back for about 2 weeks and then off for 8 weeks again. My husband is beginning to think he is my full time nurse.

How's everybody else doing! Getting nervous? Any special plans for the weekend?

Hugs,
Tracy
Unread 04-03-2008, 03:38 PM
LIW Chat

I just found this site on the recommendation of Laurie (DancingFool). Thanks Laurie! Would love to join in the chit-chat group. I'm April 29th for LAVH/BSO & Bladder Sling. I'm finally getting all the lingo down!

I have found myself up at night when my mind won't stop, just playing solitaire all night! I'm getting to where I can win just about every time! Anyone play solitaire? What other activities can we do between the hours of midnight and 6 am? Any ideas for night time activities that won't wake up anyone else?

I saw a post that said we should add each other to our buddy's list. What does that do? Do we get notification when the buddy makes a post, or does it just make it easier to send messages. Guess I am still not proficient at this, but I am willing to learn.

Have a great day ladies!

Candy
Unread 04-03-2008, 04:15 PM
LIW Chat

I saw a post that said we should add each other to our buddy's list. What does that do? Do we get notification when the buddy makes a post, or does it just make it easier to send messages. Guess I am still not proficient at this, but I am willing to learn.

Have a great day ladies!

Candy[/quote]

Hey Candy,

Welcome, welcome, welcome!

I have no idea what the buddy list does. I asked Shelly about it when she posted it but she didn't get a chance to respond as her surgery date was moved up. I too, would love to learn how the buddy list works. Anybody else know?

As for night time activities ... I have no idea. I have horrible sleep issues as I am a shift worker. I work two 12 hour days immediately followed by two 12 hour nightshifts and then I am off for 4 days ... so I go from sleeping nights to sleeping days to sleeping nights again in 4 days. The 4 days off I walk around like a zombie trying to figure out when to sleep and when to eat ... LOL I adore my job but the shifts just about kill me. It gets harder as I get older.

Anyway so glad you are hear and I look forward to chatting with you lots before THE DAY and then afterwards in the post op section.

Hugs,
Tracy
Unread 04-03-2008, 04:54 PM
Ta-Dum!!! buddy list info

hello ladies...
i found the scoop on buddy lists....
first, if you left click on someone's name, one of your options is to add them to your buddy list.
next, if you select QuickLinks (it's near the top, in the same bannerline as New Posts), you can choose your buddy list...and it will show you who is, and is not online at that moment.
finally, i haven't tried this, but it looks to me like you can then put checkmarks in some/all of the boxes next to the names, and send one message to everyone who had a checkmark.

Ta-Dum!
Unread 04-03-2008, 05:07 PM
LIW Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancingfool
hello ladies...
i found the scoop on buddy lists....
first, if you left click on someone's name, one of your options is to add them to your buddy list.
next, if you select QuickLinks (it's near the top, in the same bannerline as New Posts), you can choose your buddy list...and it will show you who is, and is not online at that moment.
finally, i haven't tried this, but it looks to me like you can then put checkmarks in some/all of the boxes next to the names, and send one message to everyone who had a checkmark.

Ta-Dum!
Thanks so much Oh Brilliant One! That is so cool!

Hugs,
Tracy
Unread 04-03-2008, 05:29 PM
LIW Chat

hey ladies....scare d cat is back on!! she had a he** of an ordeal, and will still be in the hospital for a few more days yet, but she's posting on the post-op forum!

yeah!!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register