LIW Chat - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-04-2008, 07:13 AM
LIW Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt201
hey girls,
I've only posted a few times on this thread, but going to start posting more often, since we all should end up on the other side together its fun to have a bunch of us going through this together. I'm trying to figure out the buddy list too. I added all of you and thats is as far as I got.
gotta go
enjoy reading all your posts.
Valorie
Hi Valorie...
Looks like we are on the same day!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2008, 08:24 AM
LIW Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancingfool
the truly ironic thing is that since there are still no responses to my efforts to begin a May thread, and I've announced my intent to stay here, the powers that be (I sincerely do love/appreciate them) have removed my post on Friends w/o Faces, looking for May ladies!!!!
Please read Kathy's post in PreOp regarding countdown threads.

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...d.php?t=329618
Unread 04-04-2008, 10:23 AM
LIW Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezy143
Hey Laurie,

You must be a lawyer or something knowing all the tricks in the book ... LOL

Hugs,
Tracy

oops, the secret is out...I AM a lawyer, a divorce lawyer (quickly ducking!) but don't hold that against me, I'm still a hystersister-to-be (4 weeks and counting)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2008, 12:15 PM
LIW Chat

Hi Ladies,

I am scheduled for a TAH on April 24 - cannot come quick enough!

Thanks Tracy (Freezy143) for the info on this forum.

I didn't have very long to wait - saw my gyn week before Easter. He said I needed a hyst - go away and think and talk about it with DH and then come back after Easter and he would book it, which he did.

I'm originally from England so my Mom is flying out on April 22 to come and help out with my 9 year old son and me (when I'm out of hospital). I'm looking forward to seeing her again.

Take care everyone

Wendy

April 2007 - Laparascopy and D&C
Unread 04-04-2008, 12:48 PM
LIW Chat

welcome, Wendy. I think no matter how long/short the wait....the closer it gets, the harder the wait. What fun that you're turning this into a positive, an opportunity for your mom to 'cross the pond'!

Take care.
Unread 04-04-2008, 01:09 PM
LIW Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewelledWillow
Hi Ladies,

I didn't have very long to wait - saw my gyn week before Easter. He said I needed a hyst - go away and think and talk about it with DH and then come back after Easter and he would book it, which he did.

I'm originally from England so my Mom is flying out on April 22 to come and help out with my 9 year old son and me (when I'm out of hospital). I'm looking forward to seeing her again.

Take care everyone

Wendy

That will be so nice that your mom is coming out to be with you!!! How long will she be staying??
I did the same thing went home and talked with DH about everything, Actually he knew that I needed the hysteroctome before I did. My doc told him while I was in recovery at my last lap (for endo and fibroids) and D & C,that was about 6 weeks ago. we book the hysterectomy about 1 week later. I really feels like we wait forever. I kinda wish that she was able to do it at the last surgery, bu tif i did then I wouldn't have been able to meet all my SISTERS!!!! I do love my SISTERS!!!! .
Unread 04-04-2008, 03:18 PM
LIW Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewelledWillow
Hi Ladies,

Take care everyone

Wendy

Hi Wendy,

You are most welcome! We have fun here and wouldn't want you to miss out.
I am also from England, Manchester! Whereabouts are you from? That will be such a treat to have your mum around. I am having my mom stay with me for the second week as my hubby will be off the first.

Hugs,
Tracy
Unread 04-04-2008, 03:21 PM
LIW Chat

Wow Carla!

You are having two surgeries quite close together. You will be a pro at recovery by the end of it all! LOL
I had gyne surgery May 2007 and then uro surgery December 2007 and now all this other gear April 2008. Not to mention I have had two other hosptial stays last year. My work is starting to wonder if I really do work there or not ... LOL Thank goodness they are so supportive!

Hugs,
Tracy
Unread 04-04-2008, 03:40 PM
LIW Chat

Freezy!

My mother is from Manchester, as well! she and her family moved to the states when she was a child, in the early 1940s! Maybe 7 or 8 yrs ago, my DH and I went on a joint vacation with my parents (in Florida, now), bc I wanted to see where she grew up, and to visit with my great uncle - my last remaining relative in England..what a wonderful time we had! and while there - I got hooked on Typhoo tea, won't drink any other kind, now! What a surprise, to find someone on here from Manchester.
Unread 04-04-2008, 05:02 PM
LIW Chat

Hosswoman,
Thanks for the info on the game web site for activities to do between midnight and 6am. I'll have to check it out.

I am sooooo tired during the day when I have to work (my eyelids need to be held up w/toothpicks!). During the day I just wish I could take a nap, but at night I am wide awake! UGGGHHHH!
Candy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register