kids husbands and pets. YIKES - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Surviving Parenthood

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

kids husbands and pets. YIKES kids husbands and pets. YIKES

Unread 11-02-2001, 05:46 AM
kids husbands and pets. YIKES

You are right that you need to be supportive, but that doesn't mean that you can't be sad. My dd is only 15 and just the thought of her leaving home makes me cry!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-02-2001, 07:08 AM
Yikes

Wow Bornia what a dilema.

It may be good for her to realize that the big bad world is a lot harder than she thinks it is. But still it must be hard for you ! You want her to suceed!

Take care and keep us posted on what happens

Unread 11-02-2001, 03:19 PM
I am sooo excited

I went Christmas Shopping today!!!!!!

I am so excited I bought my girls and myself of course Cross Country Skiis.I hope they love them!!!!!

I better get this butt to work soon to pay for all my off work purchases.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-02-2001, 06:18 PM

Hi Bornia,

I know that must be a difficult time for you. Try to be supportive and let her go. Many of the roomie situations never work out. I found that when I had a friend stay with me, it caused alot of hardships. I hope that don't happen with her and her friends.

Cath!!! I wanted to go!!!! I love to shop. Don't think that I would have any use for cross country skiis though...I am in Oklahoma.. But someday I sure hope to go!!

Take care
Unread 11-03-2001, 06:17 AM

I have two boys 4 and 10 that are like night and day. My oldest has ADHD, sometimes he tries my patience but other times he can be so loving. Trying to get his homework done is the worst. He has been in football for 2 years now and I'm so glad the season is over. It seems that this year whenever he had to practice or have a game that it rained. Four weeks ago it was raining so bad that there was a foot of rain in the middle of the football field but they still played a game. The few parents that were there said that they should have brought their swimming suit instead of their football pads.

My youngest is a little clown. He has his problems too. He has asthma and eczema and it seems to have a whole host of allergies. With all that, it still doesn't put a damper on his spirit. I tell you he remembers when to take his meds better then I do. So far in preschool he seems to pick up things at lightening speed, which is such a wonder to me because my oldest is just the opposite unless it's of great interest to him then he can be a sponge.

I was lucky my husband got a new job last year that let me stay at home with the kids. I always worked so this was a big adjustment for me. I loved my job and the people I worked with but we thought that it was much better if I could stay home for a few years. I was lucky that I always had family to look after my boys so that was one thing I never had to worry about. It was just a pain in the butt to find someone for vacations and days off. It was great this year with Halloween that I didn't have to rush home from work to take then. My little guy has always gotten into Halloween, were as my oldest would walk a half block and ask if we were done yet. Of course this year because I tried out easy he wanted to go on.

So now with being home I can take care of my three boys oops I mean two boys and my husband, that works the graveyard shift and my small zoo. We have 4 birds(parakeet 2 cockatiels and a Mexican red headed Amazon), 3 turtles, 3 dwarf hamsters and a 125 gal fish tank with large fish( 3 of them are over a foot long).

I have done some Christmas shopping but I have to really get started I hate having to do it last min. I like to sit back and enjoy the season. Ann my husband is from Oklahoma and his family still lives there. He would love to move from Chicago back to Oklahoma City just to get away from Chicago's traffic and weather so he's not into skiing. plus he has a hard time getting into boots his foot is a size 15. Hopefully my boys will have smaller feet when they get older.

Now that I have bored everyone. Take care.
Unread 11-03-2001, 07:36 AM
You should have come!

Ann you should have come with me, it would have been fun

It is weird for me to know that people go through life never having to get ready for winter! I think I would like it. Yet there is nothing nicer than a white Christmas. We have had snow flurries several times this season already.Now that I have bought the girls skis I want it ot snow! Bring it on

Kat nice to meet you.You had your surgery a week before me.How are you doing? You sound like you have a busy schedule. My hubby works shifts to. I hate it when he is on nights. Trying to be quiet while he is sleeping is annoying and really hard to do! My Aunt lives in Chicago. I am your Canadian Connection!

Take care
I am heading off for a pedicure , but I have to bring the girls.It is just not the same big sighhhhhhhhhhh!

Unread 11-03-2001, 10:07 AM

I have one son, dearly loved and worked hard to get at age 42. Lukas just turned 7, he has status epilepsy (seizures last HOURS long), ADHD, ODD (oppositional defiance disorder=just what it sounds like) and borderline MR. He takes 13 pills a day. Also have one husband, 2 dogs (one is a bordercollie God help us) and an unknown Number of fish, we are in a down swing in fish, they seem to want to die for the last few weeks!
We live in Oregon, we prepare for winter with new rainboots, rain coats and cough and cold medicine. Rain is a lot wetter than snow!

I wish I could stay home too, my son is really happier with me here when school is out, although the grandma and grandpa live next door and watch him after school. It takes 2 incomes to pay the medical bills in this house!:eyes:

To Ann, there are some great support groups on the internet for parents of kids with special needs, just look. I must admit I have forsaken all other support groups for my syster support through this hard personal jungle. I seem to have taken my hyst personally, duh!

I always thought a vacation from work would be great, what a surprise when time off only brought boredom! My head needs to go to work, I think it is where I get to find my sanity, then I go home to do my really difficult work.

Gotta go, my son seems to be again, tis the season to be jolly.
Unread 11-03-2001, 10:55 AM

Hi Everyone , It`s nice to meet you and your families. I am married with 5 kids,( 3 girls and 2 boys) ages 16, 14 12 10 and 6. I don`t go out to work but I fill my days with constanantly feeding the washing machine, feeding our pets ( dog, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs and chickens) and feeding my tribe! Life is chaotic, I never catch up. Sometimes I wish I could resign from this motherhood business, but I don`t really mean that! I can`t imagine what I`ll be like when our eldest leaves home- she keeps remincing me she might go to uni. in 2 years- I would miss her sooo much- letting go will be something else to learn how to do. This parenthood thing has got to be the toughest, and most rewarding job ever. Hugs to you all. Gina.
Unread 11-03-2001, 11:12 AM

Hello all. I am Tami, mother of 3 and married to my best friend. I have a dd/15, dd/14, and ds/11, however the dd/14 lives with her dad so I only have 2 with me. I am a secretary for a state agency and start back to work this Monday, never thought I'd be happy to go back to work, but I am soooooo bored! My kids are great, as I'm sure everyone's are, my dd is a straight A student who works hard for her rewards one of which is that she is going to Australia in July! My ds has been living with us since June 2000 and has ADD. We have all worked hard to help him adjust to his new surroundings and it's finally all starting to pay off, when he came to live with us he was failing everything and this past month he came home with an interum report with 3 Bs and 1C! I couldn't belive it.......I cried when I read it. My dh and I have been married 2 years this past October but we've been together for 10 years. The poor man works 5 days a week, 12 hours a day so he's tired alot but we still try to find "mom and dad time" as well as family time.

I have enjoyed reading all of your stories and look forward to talking to you all again
Unread 11-03-2001, 11:25 AM

Hey Cath I'm doing better. I just to have get this incision healed. It's still oozing a bit but not bad and I have no pain at all. So I feel pretty good, I just get tried real easy. I have gotten used to my hubby working nights I get the whole bed to myself. For the past two weeks he has been on vacation driving me nuts. It has taken me a week to get a good night sleep since he's been home. He has a cold and is tossing and turning. Come January he's looking at switching shifts to days. Then I'll learn to sleep at night. With him working the graveyard shift it made it easier to sleep at night when I just got out of the hospital. On his days off he worried about rolling over on me. I made sure I pushed him away. Oh well LOL.

Sandy I have never heard of ODD but I think that I will look into this because it sounds like my son. How do they know that is what he has and what meds does he have to take for it? I know since I've been home it has made a HUGE difference to my oldest. His behavior has improved as well. Football really helped him. Once he was in a very bad mood and he said he wasn't going to practice and I told he needed to go. Well once it was over the coach told me that it was the best he had played. I told my son "See I told you, you needed to go". I'm lucky that my husband's insurance is pretty good. When I was working my sister would look after my oldest because she lives in the same town as I do so he would walk over to her house after school.

What kind of fish do you have? When we go so the Shed Aquarium in Chicago, we walk though there and say we had this fish and that fish and our fish is bigger then that.

Don't worry I get bored being home to. The only thing that is nice is that when the kids are in school I have time with my hubby by ourselves with out the kids knocking at the door every couple of min. or fighting. Sometimes I liked going to work to get away and have "grown ups" to talk to.

Hi Tami Next week I get my DS report card. I hate it every time. Last year he had 2 "F" and 1 "D" and 4 "C" I know that it could be worse but I'm hoping for better. The one thing that is nice is that he has a new teacher that is just out of college and he is willing to work with me to help my DS.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register