Dumbest thing someone has said to you?!! - Page 14 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dumbest thing someone has said to you?!! Dumbest thing someone has said to you?!!

Unread 08-20-2012, 08:48 PM
Re: So, what's the dumbest thing someone has said to you @ surgery?

Seriously about our unused stuff there are a lot of homeless shelters a battered woman's organizations who would love to have it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2012, 08:57 PM

I gave my left overs to a woman's shelter. They were happy to get them and I was happy to be rid if them.
Unread 08-20-2012, 09:04 PM

I was told about how my DH's best friends wife did laundry the day she was released from the hospital with her hysterectomy, and that she says I should be feeling better by now. As far as I can tell we are all different and heal at different rates. People annoy me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2012, 09:32 PM

Well, it's also pretty easy to break a lifting restriction with laundry. I had a few patients who had to stay in nursing homes longer than needed after open heart surgery if they didn't have anyone who possibly could help them because they simply couldn't do it within their limitations.

And in a way the first day is the easy day. Still on meds, still may have a bit on anesthesia drugs, and you haven't overdone it. Ask what she did the NEXT day.
Unread 08-20-2012, 09:56 PM
Dumbest thing someone has said to you?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastDuchess View Post
We can make large roses out of pads and hang those up. We can have cramp charades (otherwise titled "guess which day of my period it is!") and watch horror movies and every time someone gets killed we can toss tampons at the screen and shout "It's not that bad, don't milk it!"
OMG, bwahahahaha!!!!! Laughing sooooo hard about the horror movie idea! That'll keep me laughing all night at work!!
Unread 08-20-2012, 10:00 PM
Re: Uterus showers

Lmao. I am loving it. I want a lot of big waisted sleep pants and yoga pants for my gifts. Can we register?
Unread 08-20-2012, 10:04 PM

Would it be safe to assume we will be serving Red Velvet Cake along with that blood orange punch? What kind of games are we going to play? Guess how many internal stitches I have? And guess the uterus weight?
Unread 08-20-2012, 10:18 PM

LOL!! That is too funny Duchess!!
Unread 08-20-2012, 10:30 PM

Thank you all for the laughs. I have cramps so bad that I've spent most of 2 days laying down and today have pretty muc abandoned food for chocolate because I don't care. Laughing hurts but it helps SO much. I haven't even throw things or cried because I realized my meds are an hour away and I cancelled my trip up to get them b/c I didn't feel good---and I'm out. Oh well. Either tomorrow I'll feel like going up or I will be too afraid of leakage. But at least I have hyster sisters to keep me smiling. (And muscle relaxants prescribed for tension headaches and being re-purposed .
Unread 08-20-2012, 10:44 PM

How about blindfolding the guests and have them place a sanitary pad on a big stuffed animal. Whoever gets it the closest wins a prize. They have to use one hand and can't feel around.

Put these items on a tray that gets passed around and then removed. Whoever remembers the most of them wins. Items can be a tampon, a pad, Midol, hotpack, Pamprin, Aleve, Wipes and more. What else can you think of that does with a period?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register