Dumbest thing someone has said to you?!! - Page 24 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dumbest thing someone has said to you?!! Dumbest thing someone has said to you?!!

Unread 12-05-2013, 11:50 AM
Re: Dumbest thing someone has said to you?!!

My mother said... Well I came home from the hospital and entertained that night! My reply....well you were in the hospital for 5 DAYS! I was in the hospital for 5 hours lol not to mention in those days they gave you drugs for 6 weeks and speed so you could "get skinny" again.

PS she also remembers making us a healthy breakfast everyday before school...ha ha I said yea, those cocoa puffs and fruit loops were real heathy! Lol gotta love'mmmm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-05-2013, 12:22 PM

My 62 year old sister asked me if I felt "Hollow" and can we still have the Christmas party at my house this year. My answer was No to both.
A stylist my hair salon said she was back to work after just a week. I said, "So where's your trophy for that?" She hasn't spoken to me since.
Unread 12-05-2013, 12:42 PM
Dumbest thing someone has said to you?!!

My friend asked- "are you sure you really want to do this?" And
My sis in law said-"Well I hope it's all worth it afterwards." She asked her brother (my dh)how HE was doing with my "decision"
As if I was doing this for no apparent reason. I guess for people who aren't experiencing the issues related to needing this surgery -it's hard to relate? Idk.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-05-2013, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Hazel 13 View Post
My 62 year old sister asked me if I felt "Hollow" and can we still have the Christmas party at my house this year. My answer was No to both.
A stylist my hair salon said she was back to work after just a week. I said, "So where's your trophy for that?" She hasn't spoken to me since.
I am sorry but I love this! What a good come back!
Unread 12-06-2013, 07:54 AM

Thanks Danni, I'll be here all week!
Unread 12-06-2013, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Hazel 13 View Post
I think the next time my MIL tells me she was up and doing everything within a week...I'm going to ask her where her trophy is for that...lol
Unread 12-06-2013, 08:32 AM

I told a friend that I was on here reading and looking at all of the advice and that I was a little bit worried about certain things, but that I am sure I will be fine....she tells me that I need to stop reading all this stuff because a lot of people just like to scare others with their horror stories...uhhhh..
Unread 12-10-2013, 04:08 PM

I've been pretty fortunate -- no real conversational clunkers thrown my way although I'm, to put it mildly, somewhat "butch" in attitude so I'm not missing the thing by any means. I wouldn't have minded having it out when I was 14. I shook hands with the surgeon who would be in charge of my (2-person) surgery and said, "Hi, I understand you'll be relieving me of my least favorite body part!" so that sort of set the stage, I think. :-)

However, I do recall being on the phone with my oldest brother about a week and a half after surgery and wanting to kill him because I was still struggling with bowel issues and he was making poop joke after poop joke and making me laugh with a fresh incision. So not only could I not really go reliably, but there he was making jokes about how the best food always "goes in quick and comes out slick!" and how having a bowel movement was "the second most fun thing you could do with your pants down!" Male humor, ar-ar ...

But no insensitive comments, and my workplace has been wonderful about things, so I'm quite fortunate really.
Unread 12-10-2013, 04:17 PM
Dumbest thing someone has said to you?!!

From a male urologist when I asked whether TAH would exacerbate my interstitial cystitis: "I don't know: I don't know that much about hysterecyomies." SERIOUSLY??? When you treat WOMEN??? There's a whole generation of urologists who still haven't
realized that their field is not just about examining the prostate... not that there's anything wrong with that last part....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register