Teallys Thread - Page 10 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Teallys Thread Teallys Thread

Unread 04-01-2013, 10:59 AM
Re: Teallys Tourtured Tuppys

Your so right Teally, everyone just wants to "buy" their happieness these day and you can't do it. All the money and fancy clothes, nice hair, etc won't make anyone happy. I loved the simple times I grew up in, not so much as today. I was a very creative child, I sewed, made things of clay, painted, built things with wood. My parents did this with me, and encouraged me as an artist. That is why I am still a child at heart, I see things different than other peeps do, I love color, and touch and smells. I love the smell of home baked bread and cookies, and the way the air is after a rain, tho I'm not particularly fond of worms.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2013, 11:02 AM

Yes it's infuriating I get on to my sons and daughter in laws all the time ,they are on phones and the kids will be mam mam mam dad dad dad ,and they don't answer ,then the kids ignore them when they shout them to come over ,and they wonder why ,I hate the face book and twitter ,if it had been out when I was younger I never had time to do it and my hubby would not have allowed kids and home to go to hell ,while I sat on a bum spreading with inactivity ,heck he don't like this ,now ,he says he as no attention from me ,I am getting a bit obsessed ,may have to just set out . A hour on a night to catch up ,he is waiting for his tea now ,told you I'd get revenge ,he keeps sighing loudly and hinting ,at hunger ,he getting a lettuce leaf x
Unread 04-01-2013, 11:39 AM

Hi Flame, Your neighbourhood seems lovely x

Ive read through all your posts about playing. I remember ringing a pal early on a wet bank holiday to say what shall we do today. 1 of her kids answered and sounded bored. She had 3 kids. My oldest was 8 months. I said to this 6 year old ". I know lets put on a show.I 'll bring some dressing up stuff" . By the time i arrived there was 15 kids wanting to join in.My pal and I wrote and produced Cinderella. We put the show on that night and videoed it. We even edited it so when the fairy Godmother bashed Cinderella on the head with her wand it was cut and she reappeared in her ball gown...my best dress. The kids aged from a 15 year old boy who gave his all, to my 8 month old with a pair of stuffed tights on her head for plaitsplaying the part of an ugly sister. It was exhausting but fantastic. i even found the video the other day and we cried laughing.
I also also used to take the kids round a local pet super store when it rained cos the zoo was too expensive.They loved it. My daughter now wants to teach early years and says play is the basis for everything.
we even made obstacle courses by tying string around chair legs and they used to eat their tea under a blanket strung between 2 chairs calling it their tent. rereading this i think I may have enjoyed it as much if not more than they did. Sorry for waffling. I so want to go down to the beach today. The sun is shining but its still cold. Need the cobwebs blowing away. Went for a walk but didnt get out of the culdesac even. x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2013, 12:27 PM

What you are all saying about how things have changed is so very true, maybe we really are getting to sound like our Mothers, yes maybe so, Mothers gain wisdom as they go through life, so we hope in some way it influences the next generation. Look as if quite a few of us using this thread are helping to look after our parents in their advancing years, its hard work, phone calls in the middle of the night and early morning, hospital visits, shopping for them, added to our own health and its anxieties, then the joy of grand kids (two weeks to go) and we remember that being older isn't too bad after all. Now I have finished putting the world to rights lol I hope everyone has had a better day, xx
Unread 04-01-2013, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamewoman View Post
Your so right Teally, everyone just wants to "buy" their happieness these day and you can't do it. All the money and fancy clothes, nice hair, etc won't make anyone happy. I loved the simple times I grew up in, not so much as today. I was a very creative child, I sewed, made things of clay, painted, built things with wood. My parents did this with me, and encouraged me as an artist. That is why I am still a child at heart, I see things different than other peeps do, I love color, and touch and smells. I love the smell of home baked bread and cookies, and the way the air is after a rain, tho I'm not particularly fond of worms.
I quite like worms. My boy and I made a wormery once. We got a big jar and filled it with a fat layer of soil a thin layer of sand and repeated to near the top of the jar. Put 2 worms in the top plus a variety of leaves. Put the lid on with air holes put in it. Then cover it with black paper.Leave it for a week. It was ace you could see where the worms had been.My boy took it into school for "show and tell". His class liked it but the teacher hated it. She told me privately it was disgusting!!You should try it Teally with your grandkids x
Having said all that I dont "do" spiders lol x x

BTW no worms were injured in this experiment. All were released back into the wild safely x
Unread 04-01-2013, 12:38 PM

July, You're quite right -- any day above ground is a good day!!

Our house was where all the neighborhood kids wanted to come and play -- at first because I had creative activities set up for them to try, then later because my kids were so great at coming up with ideas of fun things to do.

Worms -- if you want to go fishing with us, you have to bait your own hook and remove your own fish from the lines. But I'm with Sazc on spiders -- I may be a firm believer in women's rights, but it is and always will be the man's job to kill the spider (and dispose of the dead possum the dog brings in).
Unread 04-01-2013, 02:33 PM

Well where as the bank holiday weekend gone ,it all roll into one day ,iv got where I think its Friday and its Monday ,lost all track of time ,I'm so glad I'm not at work yet ,I just could not go ,Sazc ,that Cinderella thing will live with the kids too ,forever ,memories are made from things like this ,we do a X factor contest and britains got talent ,with the kids ,that's good fun ,mine are into old musicals though they love Oliver ,and I have to play fagin and they are the pick pockets ,they love Norman wisdom films ,and they are so innocent no violence and funny ,well I'm glad you had a short walk ,that's all u can ,build up ,it's freezing here too hubby been in garden tidying ,I not moved all day from house xxx
Unread 04-01-2013, 02:37 PM

nfreel
Oh my god possum I would freak out ,is it rat like looking ? I feel faint thinking about it ,I can deal with spiders nothing furry ,I have had field mice get in my house ,and I just want to move out till caught ,I have nightmares about mouses and rats ,xxx
Unread 04-01-2013, 02:44 PM

Teally, the possum was definitely rat looking. It was dead and had blood coming out of its ears and nose -- VERY gross!
Unread 04-01-2013, 02:57 PM

Teally you as Fagin sounds ace. We did talent shows too.
Nfreel you should have made a possum pie. I have a friend who makes pies from fresh road kill. Needless to say I don't go for tea x
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register