Funniest things your kids have done - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Surviving Parenthood

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Funniest things your kids have done Funniest things your kids have done

Unread 11-23-2002, 05:05 AM
Funniest things your kids have done

LOL These are too funny!! I wanted to add one of my own..

My DD, who is 13 and my DS who is 10....We are all sitting at the dinner table one night just recently and there was a conversation going on mostly between my DD and my DH. Now, my DD can be kinda 'ditzy' at times. Something was said (Not sure what because I wasn't paying much attention to it really) and my DD had this totally bewildered look on her face. DH said DUH, wanna buy a clue?? Before my DD could say a word, my DS pipes up with " I do!" I was laughing so hard, I was choking on my dinner! Just wanted to share one!!

Hope everyone is doing good!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2003, 11:37 AM

Last night we got home from karate and the kids (I have 2 boys) had to take showers. Being well trained (yeah right), they threw all their dirty clothes into the laundry basket, which is on the counter in the laundry room. Next to the basket, since I'd gone shopping earlier in the day, were two bottles of laundry detergent, both white.

While the older one was in the shower, younger DS was waiting in the laundry room across the hall... when I walked in there, I saw that he'd taken the white plastic hard parts out of their cups and placed them upside down on top of the two bottles of detergent. When I asked him what he was doing, he responded "I'm making storm troopers!" I am still over this one.

-Linda
Unread 01-07-2003, 06:32 PM
Talking - Funniest things your kids have done TOOOO FUNNY!!!!!

These are great!!! Its a great pick me up at the end of a long day. Sure can't help but smile and chuckle at some of these.
Thanks for a bright spot to an end of a long day.

Thought I'd add another one. This just happened today on my way to drop a kindergartener off at school. The little 3 year old I watch was sitting behind me and was being really quiet. Out of no where at the stop light he yells at me and ask " Carrie have you ever been to a bar?" Mind you this is a 3 year old. I in return ask why. He says "cause I wants to know." By now I trying to keep from cracking up. I ask him if he has ever been to a bar. He replies "No I is not old enough and you only go at night." He was so serious, I tried so hard not to laugh out loud. When I ask if his parents went to the bar, He repied "Yep I thinks so, I get to go to my gammy's house" Then he asked me again if I had ever been to a bar I said yes. He then tells me "Your a bad girl". What a hoot.. By the time I got home I was sore from laughing so hard.

Have a Great day girls!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2003, 08:16 AM
This thread is so funny!!

I have a lot of stories, but I have to tell you this one...

When the Erin Brockovich movie came out on video a couple of years ago, we were looking at rentals and my DD picks up the movie and says, "This is NOT a good movie!" when I asked why, she said (not very quietly), "It's called Erin [email protected]!"

DH and I about died!

Enjoy!

Kathy
Unread 01-10-2003, 06:01 PM

Okay here's one that I thought was funny and profound at the same time.

When my daughter was in gradeschool, I bought some of those little individual serving cereal boxes. The morning before, dd watched me struggle to push in that stupid perforated thumb hole to tear the top off one.

Saturday morning, my husband walked into the kitchen just in time to hear my daughter explain to the little friend who had stayed overnight, "I know it hurts, but its the way my mommy taught me!". They were trying to do that push in and tear thing with the boxes!

Such an illustration of the influence we have over the children!
Unread 01-17-2003, 09:10 PM
Unhappy - Funniest things your kids have done I've got one

My son, when he was 4 and a half had found some free samples of panty liners that were delivered with the paper. A few days later I got a call from his kindergarden teacher commenting on what an original idea I had for insoles. When he hopped off the bus I asked him about the insoles, his reply was " look Mom they are sending these through the mail, they are for your shoes and I found a whole box of them in the bathroom!"
After my surgery this same son, who is now 8 said " Mom, what did you get taken out again? Oh yah, I remember the part that makes you use insoles in your panties." ROFL!!!!!!!!!!
I'll be sure to mention this when he gets married.

No more insoles for Mom.
Warmest regards,
Monica
TAH for fibroids, anemia, dysplasia
Unread 01-17-2003, 09:27 PM

When my dd was 2 1/2, I was packing a suitcase for travel. Although I tried to be discreet with packing supplies, she noticed a ziploc with tampax in it, picked it up, felt the shapes, and put it back saying, "Oh yes! Straws are good!"

I solemnly agreed with her.
Unread 02-08-2003, 09:35 PM
these are great

I've been cracking up reading these stories! I've got a couple to tell myself. My DH and two sons, Jimmy, 3 1/2 at the time, and Noah, 1 1/2 at the time, went to a church we were unfamiliar with to watch my step-daughter in a Bible School program. She had been going the previous week with a friend of hers. Well, Jimmy just couldn't seem to sit still. He kept bouncing around, and when the preacher began to pray he decided to run back and forth across the pew. I "quietly" snapped my fingers and "whispered" to him to sit down and be quiet. In his loudest voice he let me know, "But Mommy, I've gotta go poop!". I sunk down in the pew as far as I could get.

Just the other day, after picking up Noah, 3-years-old now, from day care we arrived home and I pulled up to the mailbox before going up the driveway, as I always do. My BH&G magazine had arrived and I was excited, "Allright!", I said, "My magazine is here! Now I'll have something to read in the tub tonight." "But Mom", Noah replied, "What do you want to read for?". I said, "I just like to read." "But why?" (guess we're in that stage now). "I don't know; I just like to read." "But what for?" he said. I told him "Because the more I read the more I know." Very "matter-of-factly" Noah said, "Well, I'm not going there."
Unread 02-10-2003, 03:49 PM

This, coming from a 17 year old..

My son and I were watching TV. There was some young woman on there, very nice body, NATURAL body, no fake appendages sticking out. She was scantily dressed, tanned and oiled. My darling son said, "That's how all women should look and dress" in an offhanded way. I sighed and said, "Should *I* dress that way?" He said, "You aren't a woman.. you are a MOM!"

ouch! got me where it hurts!

My then-13 year old (now 16) was decorating the Christmas tree with the rest of the family. We had the TV on some program that had nuns who had taken in a small child (don't remember what it was). He looked at the TV for a moment and said, "Mama? Do nuns believe in Jesus?" My husband burst out laughing, as did my other son. It took me a moment to register what he had asked! He then corrected himself, or so he thought, and asked if nuns believe in Christmas. Poor guy, he was so flustered, it took him quite a while to ask the REAL question.. do nuns appreciate the SANTA CLAUS aspect of Christmas! My husband, the nut, sculpted a little ornament for #2 son.. a solemn nun, holding a sign that says "we believe..." heehee!

My daughter is 5. I have SO many funnies that she's done, I can't even narrow it down to one right now. She is always turning words around, like the "state prostitutor" one, which I can see her doing in another 10 years! One time she asked me if B*tch was a bad word. I told her that it is supposed to be used for female dogs, that is the proper word for them. She got mad at a classmate, but luckily held it in until she got home. She said, "She's a real b*tch!" I said "OH MY! That's not nice, why would you say that? I told you that wasn't a nice word except when speaking of a girl dog!" She was shocked that I was shocked and said, "But she *is* a female dog. That's all I meant!"
Unread 02-12-2003, 11:25 AM
Talking - Funniest things your kids have done Blake's funny things.....

Blake our 8 year old has said & done some pretty funny things (at least they were funny to us). I started keeping a lil journal when Blake was about 4 so that I could write down things that I didn't want to forget.
Her are a few of the things he has said or done.......

Blake was almost 4 when he was staying with a sitter whose daughter took gymnastics. That day they had extra space in the class and they asked Blake if he would like to try gymnastics. He very seriously said "Not if I have to wear a suit like that" of course he meant the leotard.

At age 4 Blake carried around an old purse of mine with small cars in it alot. That particular day he was wearing just a pair of underwear and we were all sitting in the living room. Well, his brother, Adam who was 14 at the time had been picking on him and saying "Blake is a girl, he carries a pocketbook" - this went on a while and finally after Blake had had enough he put the purse on his shoulder, put his hands on his hip and VERY meanly said "if you call me a girl one more time I am going to hit you with my pocketbook" It was soooooo funny, although he didn't realize what he had said and why it was so funny.

One time after church at about 5 years old I asked Blake what songs they sang in Children's Church and he said they sang a bunch but he just stood quietly cause he didn't want to hurt his loose tooth.

He used to call a trailer hitch a "hooker" - he would say "there goes a truck with a hooker"

He always sang Chicken and dumplings my son John -- instead of Diddle, diddle dumplin my son John

When he was about 5 he got a Hot Wheels car carrier set that had to be put together. He announced he couldn't find the "erections" so he didn't know how to do it.

Our neighbors kids who are 10 and 11 years older than Blake were all outside with all of us and there parents and they were telling us that Brittani and Zach were going to be baptized the next Sunday and Blake said "Why are they getting baptized, they say ugly words so they don't believe in Jesus" Yikes how embarassing

From the time Blake was almost 6 when saying his bedtime prayers always says at the end "God bless mommy, daddy, etc and then God bless God, God bless Jesus, God bless Mary, God bless Joseph and God bless the donkey"

Once in first grade he came home with a "amputation" to a birthday party

He used to call Oprah "Okra" and says she is "way rich"

He used to want a go cart "his age" meaning his size

Ok too much already but one more thing.......
Blake was not yet 6 and my mom (Nanny) was watching him and she told him to pick up his mess and he told her he saw on tv not to worry about other people, to only worry about yourself. Well, she told him I will be worried about your lil *** when your mom gets home if you don't pick up. Then he told her "well we will just have to find someone else to watch me, we don't talk like that here" she tried to tell him *** is in the bible bye he said "No it is not in our bible, we know"

Gosh I could go on and on since I kept that journal -- I recommend it for parents with young kids so that you can ALWAYS remember things that were cute

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register