Did starting Estrogen change your life? (Still have ovaries) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Did starting Estrogen change your life? (Still have ovaries) Did starting Estrogen change your life? (Still have ovaries)

Unread 08-05-2020, 09:45 AM
Did starting Estrogen change your life? (Still have ovaries)

Hey there- once this national shortage is over and I can get my prescription filled, I will be starting Estradot (estrogen plaster in 25mcg dosage). I have already been on progesterone for the last year which has helped me in it's own way, but I am curious how estrogen changed your lives once you started. I still have my ovaries, but am pretty sure they never recovered from the surgery and while still working, aren't 100% back to any semblance of normalcy. In an earlier post, I wrote how I just have felt blah this last year, like a disconnect from things. My libido is still zero. I no longer get excited during instances which would make me so before, and I really just feel so out of tune to my body. It's weird. I thought it would be better once I recovered, but after a year, I am thinking this is just my new life and do I accept it. But wondering if starting estrogen will help with the libido and general "connect with oneself" issues? When I say dead, it really is like a light switch has been permanently turned off and even getting kisses from my husband results in absolutely NO feeling whatsoever. It is the strangest feeling I've really never experienced before.

I've had all the hormone tests done, but no good dr's here who know really how to deal with hormone issues, so keep telling me it's all normal since I still have my ovaries. My last hormone check was in May and it showed my estrogen levels extremely low, but then, I could have been in the follicle phase of my cycle, who knows since I don't have a period. My level was .08 . Anyway. Would love to hear how adding estrogen to your HRT helped you. ( My testosterone levels are holding steady with a sometimes applied gel).

Thanks all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register